It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally Disappointed in the Behavior Here During the Mod Lock Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I wasn't going to say anything, but here we are a week later and I'm still annoyed so I'm just going to go ahead and say it ....

This place de-evolved within HOURS of the lock out that took place last week. Within just hours!!! People signed in under new names ... crass childish names. Used crass and childish avatars. Spoke in language that unsupervised 14 year old boys would speak in. Potty language. Gutter mouths. Unending spam about body fluids and genitalia and cussing. Sexually inappropriate messages sent to females. Inability to have adult conversations on topics .. rambling off topic and snotty posts in those few threads that attempted discussion.

Is this really the hidden mentality of many of the people here? Really?

I was shocked at how fast it de-evolved and became something that I wouldn't want to be associated with.

I'm a grown up woman. And what was displayed here was revolting and just plain STUPID. It's sad to think that kind of mentality is hidden under a thin coat of 'modding' and could burst forth at the first sign of supervision being taken away. I"m not saying that EVERYONE de-evolved. But there was a loud majority with the ones that signed in under new names that were. The grown ups were gone.

AND I'm very disappointed in the behavior of the site owners. They are not tending this place like they should be. it's weird.

I'm VERY glad to see the moderators back and doing their thing. This place can't function without them. And I'm not just saying that because I was a moderator.

Okay. There. I said it.
edit on 10/28/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Look at the larger picture (since this is a conspiracy site) and see what happened.

We lost the Mods (police) and immediately, chaos ensued.

We demanded order so the Mods came back, but what if the Mods were evil? And they created a police-state within ATS?

Then we'd have less freedoms and rights and the evil Mods would be in control.

Now I'm not saying the Mods are evil. Except DTOM, I once heard that she deliberately stepped on a crack and while it didn't break her mothers back, she did report a twinge.

But see how quickly we defend order?

It's almost as if we're being conditioned.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This is among the reasons I did not create another account during the lockout, but in defense of the regular members here, much of the chaos and nastiness was fostered by those who had an "axe to grind" with ATS and/or certain members here.

Maybe some of our long-standing members could have handled it better, but I hesitate to fault them for standing up to it.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I was a mod too.
(wink wink)

Are you REALLY that shocked??
edit on 28-10-2023 by Beens because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

This is among the reasons I did not create another account during the lockout, but in defense of the regular members here, much of the chaos and nastiness was fostered by those who had an "axe to grind" with ATS and/or certain members here.

Maybe some of our long-standing members could have handled it better, but I hesitate to fault them for standing up to it.

I did what I did.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I did what I did.

As did I.

I am not proud of it but I would do it again to defend other members from the vile things said about them.
There was a lot of terrible things said about you DB, but there was also a lot of vile stuff said to our known female members.

Sometimes you just gotta fight fire with fire.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I did what I did.

You know my post history as well as anyone. Do I have any room to sit in judgement of anyone? I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You don't understand what happened well enough to form a "larger picture" of what happened for yourself, I can't imagine why you would suggest that others do.

Right? Be honest.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I did what I did.

With style.

(post by Beens removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All I can say is, you are 100% correct.

It was awful!!

Glad I didn't give up, just had to change my signin and avatar. I may change the avatar back now that the trolls seem to be gone.

I don't care about the collection of stars and flags. Just want to stay in ATS.

Mods, you can leave my old account dead if it makes life easier for you.

edit on 10/28/2023 by TheSingleBillie because: addition

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Beens
a reply to: TheDiscoKing

DB is a troll...ignore him and hopefully others will.
Watching a troll, troll another troll (malvo) made my idiot meter go off the charts.

🤣🤣🤣

This guy

Yeah.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

(post by TheDiscoKing removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I understand that I'm not very popular in some quarters, and that has caused me nearly a minute of sleeplessness.

And I'm guilty of hitting below the belt, but that's just because I don't fight fair.

But that is not the reason for the chaos and anarchy during the Purge.
edit on 28-10-2023 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I did what I did.

With style.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join