It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally Disappointed in the Behavior Here During the Mod Lock Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

looks like

Don't feed it.

(post by Beens removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It was good to see that everyday “mortal enemies “ teamed up to defend ATS and members that were singled out by the trolls.

There were a few interesting aspects to the hack or whatever it was/is. (Server bills will be due at some point)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beens
Are you REALLY that shocked??

YES. It de-evolved so quickly ... and so filthy ... I really was shocked.
I didn't think that many people here were like that underneath.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
It looks like a couple sock puppet trolls want a repeat of what the OP is talking about.

sigh ... yep.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

well much love to you but, it is what it is...be well.
enjoy your family and go for walk and ignore the fookin idiots

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Some showed where their debating skillset is, and they think its style... It's like hobos bragging about their worn out clothes...

Troll style... Lol

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I called one of them out for being an unruly teenager but that was it. I think the best form of revenge is to not be like them. I still understand the need to stand up to Bullying/trolling though 👍🏼

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I didn't bother signing up with a new account during the mod lockout , because it was such a disaster . I really thought it was the end of ATS. It's what happens when you 'defund the police' , all turns to #.
Good it's back at least

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
many new accounts were copying other accounts to smear them too

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Welcome to the internet. First day?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Jhayesdvm
Silly person. "Registered June 2004". She's not the one who is wet behind the ears.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm not. Seems like it works like a release, at least partially.

Somewhere between the cabaret of old and the reality TV of today, Andy Kauffman is laughing in his grave.

But I have a really skeptical view. It's hard to get disappointed when you see it completely different.
edit on 28-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Of course that's the (not so) secret mentality of many people here, this place is an emotional rollercoaster where people can release their anger without any real world consequences, the main clique on here is a bunch of angry people who feel like they've lost control of their lives.
edit on 28-10-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
I didn't bother signing up with a new account during the mod lockout , because it was such a disaster . I really thought it was the end of ATS.

Same here. I kept checking in to see if it was fixed. Every time I checked in, the situation here was worse and worse. I saw what was going and and figured it was the NEW ATS .. and I didn't want any part of it. Crass. Childish. Gross. Inane potty talk. Seemed to be an obsession with body fluids for some folks too. No self respecting adult would want to be part of that.

When I saw some with their old accounts I tried to figure out that DISCORD thing and couldn't get around in it. Totally lost. But eventually got ahold of Djarms and got my old account back. Saw that the mods retook the field and cleaned up the place. So I came back. But I wasn't going to. Not the way it was.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jhayesdvm
Welcome to the internet. First day?

I've had an account here 19 years and was a moderator for about a year back around 2015. (I resigned. Didn't like being a mod at all). So no ... it's not my first day. But I've never seen such de-evolution happen so quickly, and the amount of childish crass language was truly a surprise. I thought people here were above that for the most part. I was wrong. It's just the 'thin blue line' of moderators holding it together.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I understand that I'm not very popular in some quarters, and that has caused me nearly a minute of sleeplessness.

And I'm guilty of hitting below the belt, but that's just because I don't fight fair.

But that is not the reason for the chaos and anarchy during the Purge.

I applaud your performance during the Purge it was just what ATS needed.

We needed a Veteran Member to stick around and Fight the Trolls in violent bloody one on one combat and you did just that mate.

I would buy you many drinks .

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It was really nice to see a few that I’ve had heated debates with in the past defend me from some racist, sexist vile attacks. It was interesting to see those that stood quiet too.
Sometimes silence says more than anything..

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If this is any indication of procedure and current things to come....I'm not interested in reviving my old acct. I'll use this one until the next cluster F....; It's hard to reclaim trust or "the good old days" when no one seems to care.

Honestly, I don't even think ATS ever sold....this was some kind of cultural experiment to test voter attitudes. People who tend to the conspiratorial need to be watched according to the TPTb.

edit on 28-10-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

OMG, racist and sexist!!
I'm offended...but only if you are too!!

Silence is the loudest voice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join