It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego vs Self

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

no it wasn't me saying that it is the reaction of ordinary people when you tell them that spirituality is not about feeling better, or being special but a lot of work and pain that might in your lifetime not really lead to anything that is directly beneficial to you or your life.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Alrighty then Jim. Some ego will always remain.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

“You: broken record trying to project your self-neglect on everything and everybody.
Me: searching, reaching, failing, getting up again, ... living “

And telling everyone your opinion and how right you are about everything all the time. You’re definitely an ego alright.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Ego is Self, it’s your inner world… Geo. Not to be confused with the false ego or persona, not to be confused with pride, and it’s not something you can just decide to get rid of. Nor would you want to, it’s what’s going to save your soul from all this $hit. Maybe that’s why it’s being gaslit so much these days? Your Ego or Self is your long lost tribe you’ll eventually be reunited with if you play your cards right here. You cannot make the move from death to Life without US, and your EGO is where you’ll find the rest of Humanity waiting with an outstretched hand.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

We all do that… you’re doing it right now. Pot calling the kettle black.

Just an observation, I have no horse in the race.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Why?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Maybe look within you instead of skimming the internet for 5 seconds and thinking you know something.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: HeirHeart

A common Buddhist belief, among similar religions, proposed one get rid of Ego...because in reality...there is no SELF...

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

no it wasn't me saying that it is the reaction of ordinary people

That I knew.

Because after so many decades of life, joy, trauma, gain, loss, searching, learning, questing, crusading, trauma, loss, questing;

I have reached the pinnacle, the absolute peak of that which I wanted: Ordinary.
For at least 20 years this has been my theme song:

but I've changed the ending.
The Suspension of Dove

Nobody asked what that meant. The title J Dove: Jonah translates to Dove, and the J is a hint of that.
So it's a personal re-telling of the Book of Jonah.

But all the gods are represented, especially Enlil, god of wind. I had cursed Wind, and well, the rest is what it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HeirHeart

Thank you for the suggestion. But what makes you think I haven't?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Because that has happened.

I should look on it as a warning.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

what do you do on a discussion board if it bothers you when people discuss their opinions?

lol

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I'm only halfway through and I just gotta say I love the part where he says there is what you see and there is a second story being written.

So just for that I gave you a star. But when he continues that fear is the writer of that second story I think he is wrong.
You decide what emotion or setting that story has.
You have often no control over what the world throws at you, but you are always in charge of how you react to it.

Now I'll continue watching

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I'm only halfway through and I just gotta say I love the part where he says there is what you see and there is a second story being written.

So just for that I gave you a star. But when he continues that fear is the writer of that second story I think he is wrong.
You decide what emotion or setting that story has.
You have often no control over what the world throws at you, but you are always in charge of how you react to it.

Now I'll continue watching

He can only speak for him self nobody else IMO.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

well ain't that true for everybody?

But a good stack exchange is a wonderful thing. And he is good at relating things like that to a wider public who otherwise wouldn't know where to start looking for meta ways of thinking about life.

Right? And if we exchange our notes now because he ignites the discussion about how you not special.
I am not particularl a fan of the oneness. I mean sure depending on how far out you zoom at some point you'd see everything as one dot, or one shimmer, or whatever.
I don't see that as revelation worthy that needs focusing on. Our life isn't this #ed up because we are one with the multiverse.
But because we don't pay attention to what is actually happening inside me. Like McKenna said: the raw experience, that is where your problem sits: you.
The big unknown to many people.
But in every adventure of spiritual search that is the first place you need to clean up.
He's right about that part too. But I'd have gone more in a be your own best friend direction, acceptance, try to enjoy what you do, make the best out of it wherever you go...
the issue is I believe that it would make many more people disfunctional.
I don't know if we can really afford that at this point.
That's the big secret why it is all so occult... lol first and foremost you have to accept thatt you will be the lowest of the low, the poorest of the poor, etc... that # ain't everybody too...

I don't know what's wrong with me today? I shouldn't try to make more people explore their own self, because this is the anti-advertisement what I am doing...
Self, right? What a mess we are.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well it should be true for everybody, but it's not. Others feel, for whatever reasons, to tell others how they should do their life while some look to others to tell them how to do their life. Choices.

Are you doing your self? Good, do you as best you can do you and don't judge yourself too harshly because there is always tomorrow to reset, recharge and rejoice.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You might want to put the internet away and look inside you.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Your replies?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You must be young, because “you do you” just tells everyone you haven’t gained the ability to think for yourself yet, so you glam onto whatever was cool for a day thinking it makes you look cool. It might, if you weren’t the millionth person to use it after everyone else already beat it to death

edit on 31-8-2023 by HeirHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ditto (you also only speak for yourself)

edit on 31-8-2023 by HeirHeart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join