It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of UK's most prolific serial killer is convicted of murdering 7 babies and for 6 murder attempts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
a reply to: AlienBorg
Dewy Evans has said he will write to the police demanding full investigation of the senior managers that brushed whistleblowers concerns under the carpet. He is saying their actions amounted to corporate manslaughter.

The managers were more concerned about corporate reputation than patient lives and misled the Board. The Board have been quick to declare ignorance of the facts.

Carrying out these acts marks Letby a psychopath. However, her diary entries etc. suggest she not only understood her actions were wrong, she even seems to have expressed regret. These factors are not associated with psychopaths who believe themselves superior beings without fault in all things. As yet, there is no record indicating she enjoyed harming and killing but I think there is ample evidence she enjoyed the grief of the parents of her victims and worked to make them secondary victims through trying to induce gratitude in them. Psychopath or not, this woman is evil.

It irks me there are so many people who appear to want to understand such evil. Yet the same people completely ignore how management decisions to protect themselves and their own reputations that led to the deaths of a further three babies, is also evil and complicit in evil.

Agree with what Dr Evans is asking and trying to do. He has tremendously helped the police investigation by finding out what were the causes of these deaths.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
This is horrific beyond words. Just execute her and be done with it.

Two wrongs don't make a right. She'll get a "whole life order" and spend the rest of her days in prison.

It's difficult to understand crimes like this, and the mind that carries them out. It's deeply tragic.

Hopefully the independent inquiry that has been announced will get to the bottom of how she managed to conduct these crimes, and whether they could have been prevented.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: ColeYounger
This is horrific beyond words. Just execute her and be done with it.

Two wrongs don't make a right. She'll get a "whole life order" and spend the rest of her days in prison.

It's difficult to understand crimes like this, and the mind that carries them out. It's deeply tragic.

Hopefully the independent inquiry that has been announced will get to the bottom of how she managed to conduct these crimes, and whether they could have been prevented.

This is what I say too.
I can't say yes to state sponsor killings for many reasons.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It's likely this nurse is mentally and psychologically unstable. How can anyone in a good state of mind kill 7 babies and attempt to keep kill even more. co
I uld argue the same point about about abortion, but
WOAH!!!!
I moved the goalposts.
Let's get back on track,

I see England lost the ladies world cup final to Spain.
Terrible shame,

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood

It's likely this nurse is mentally and psychologically unstable. How can anyone in a good state of mind kill 7 babies and attempt to keep kill even more.
I uld argue the same point about about abortion, but
WOAH!!!!
I moved the goalposts.
Let's get back on track,

I see England lost the ladies world cup final to Spain.
Terrible shame,

I don't know why you think I have moved the goalposts. Either you haven't read or haven't understood what I said.

It doesn't make it less of a crime that she could be mentally and psychologically unstable but there is a good possibility imo she isn't stable.
edit on 20-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   

It appears that the hospital was trying to cover it up.....to save face.

edit on 21-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I thought Saville had offended against female inmates at Broadmoor.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

That was back when the hospital still admitted female inmates which they stopped doing in 2007.
edit on 21-8-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

It appears that the hospital was trying to cover it up.....to save face.

From what I have read some of the hospital consultants were trying to alert the hospital bosses about the nurse and were very suspicious she was behind these deaths.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Broadmoore stopped having female inmates in 2007.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   

There is a lot coming out.......it took 11 months for them to contact the police, allegedly. Another report says 2 years.
edit on 21-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   

She's being sentenced the now or rather soon.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Wonder if she's still refusing to appear in the dock?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

She's being sentenced the now or rather soon.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Wonder if she's still refusing to appear in the dock?

Do they have to be in court? What are the rules in the UK system?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You can choose to attend the sentencing hearing or not by the looks of things.

Either way i imagine Police will be keeping the horrible bastard up to date as to any sentence imposed.

Which is apt to be life and should be at his majesty's pleasure imho.

Attendance is possibly about to be changed by law and made compulsory.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Attendance is possibly about to be changed by law and made compulsory.

Laws, changed on the hoof, are usually bad laws. The reason why attendance is not compulsory is that there may be proper reason for non-attendance e.g. mental capacity, sickness or chance of disruption, intimidation et al.

But I do think that the court should be able to compel attendance, especially where there is not a good reason, or where the victims need to see the accused for justice to be "seen to be done".

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Oh she's nuts paraphi, that's a given.

Criminally insane.

But its still no excuse not to be made to attend her own sentencing by my guess given what she done.

My thinking is also that the victims would have liked to have seen her been sent down.

If for no other reason than to add some closure.

You're probably right about changing laws on the hoof being a bad idea all the same, not that i imagine it will stop them.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Oh she's nuts paraphi, that's a given.

We don't know how nuts she is, but even high functioning psychopaths can think clearly, even if they don't have a conscience. If she was a person with advanced dementia, then it would serve no purpose for her to attend a court.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If I was up to me, she'd be strapped to a mobile chair, mouth taped shut, and forced to listen to the judge/victim statements.

Her life sentence would be in a solitary padded cell, basic sustenance provided, hosed down wash daily, and any health care required to sustain her life.

The only offer she'd get from me to escape the torment of her sentence, would be a choice of her cell environment being quickly filled by release of a cheap cannister of carbon monoxide.

...probably a good reason why I ain't in a position of power to implement such a change.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I think it's a safe bet sane people don't choose to murder multiple premature babies.

She's nuts, no matter which flavor it happens to come in, no real doubt about that fact in my mind.

Agreed as to advanced dementia being an excuse for non-attendance.

But by the looks of things, bar being a crazy child-killing c@w, she knows plain well what's happening around about her.

My guess is she simply refuses to attend because she's afraid and is unwilling to answer for her horrendous actions.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And what about the people that were hushing it all up?

I have to wonder how many lives would have been saved if it was taken seriously 2 years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join