It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Supreme Court JUST FLIPPED!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I get sick to my stomach watching Americans argue over the right to end a life. I would feel a wee bit better if they at least wanted a more justifiable reason, such as incest, rape, fetal deformity or mother's health.

I admit every single woman I've known throughout my long life that's had an abortion (and it's far too many, IMHO) has done so for convenience sake. Not one! not a single one! was for the health of the mother, fetus, incest or rape. It was for convenience .

With birth control pills now being sold without a prescription, the morning after pill and the abortion pill all available to women you might expect the rate of abortions to go down, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I get sick to my stomach watching Americans argue over the right to end a life. I would feel a wee bit better if they at least wanted a more justifiable reason, such as incest, rape, fetal deformity or mother's health.

I admit every single woman I've known throughout my long life that's had an abortion (and it's far too many, IMHO) has done so for convenience sake. Not one! not a single one! was for the health of the mother, fetus, incest or rape. It was for convenience .

With birth control pills now being sold without a prescription, the morning after pill and the abortion pill all available to women you might expect the rate of abortions to go down, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Where do you live?

Also, it's not any of your business what women want to do with their bodies in America.

#freedom

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Notice how the POS commies have nothing to say after being called out for the POS commies that they are...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg i wonder why the discussion is always about abortion when birth control is inexpensive and readily available,at some point in gestation the fetus has a life of its own,at that point its too late to murder your child because you want to use abortion as birth control.After birth abortions and the selling of fetal body parts are all part of womans rights? There should be exceptions when abortion is acceptable,but not because a woman is too stupid or lazy to use birth control.How can our nation morally progress when its alright to murder its youngest citizens,surely its older citizens will be next,in the ever increasing disregard for life.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: nugget1

Where do you live?

Also, it's not any of your business what women want to do with their bodies in America.

#freedom

Neither is it any of YOUR business, yet like me you expressed an opinion.
I've decided to up my standards on ATS; now up yours.
edit on 200000088America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I needed one but couldn’t get one and am very lucky to be alive as I almost bled to death.
My pregnancy was wanted.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Being against civil rights is usually a democrat thing.

What backwards ass world do you live in?

One where I refuse to let leftists gaslight people.

A winnar is you!

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

a reply to: ForteanOrg

I agree.

If the father commits a crime, we should be able to kill his children.

In as far as I am concerned It is up to the mother, as long as the child is still part of her body.

I can't get around that the unborn child doesn't have a voice.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: nugget1

I needed one but couldn’t get one and am very lucky to be alive as I almost bled to death.
My pregnancy was wanted.

That is one of the rare occurrences I support. I'm sorry you had to go through that, Jag.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I had no problem with about four months or less having an abortion, even twenty weeks in some cases. But some states were trying to push for up to the date of birth....I have a problem with that.

Repealing the federal abortion law left abortions up to the states, if they wanted to ban it they could, if they wanted to allow them up to the last day, they could. Leaving it up to states to vote for on their own was actually correct, but that applied only to the citizens of that state, so technically a person could not legally go to another state to get an abortion unless they moved there.

The left wanted all the eggs in their basket which caused a lot of problems. The right went a little too far too, but the left went way too far. I have to say since the left went too far, I have to side with the right even though I do not really like the push too far against abortions....the right should have went to a sixteen week instead of a full out ban on abortions in my opinion.

I am not pro abortion, I am not anti-abortion, I just feel there has to be a cutoff point in place that is reasonable.

If someone wants to go to another state for an abortion where it is legal, that is their right, It is not my decision, it is theirs. I would not try to persuade anyone either way, I won't be the one who has to live with taking care of the kid or have to suffer regrets if they get rid of it. It is not any of my business. There are people who want to push their beliefs on others, but I am not one of them. I just don't like the overreach being done by the left in pushing division of the citizens of this country. They have been acting like jerks over the last decade, they have gained numbers and are getting too pushy.

That is my opinion, I used to be a liberal but now am seeing things I do not like in the liberal agenda, they are getting too pushy. I am not really very conservative but now am leaning more that way even though I think some of the liberal concerns are ok, I am being forced to choose a side and am being forced into being more and more conservative.

That is how I feel now, the overzealous left has made me dislike the left I once was proud to be a part of.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag
a reply to: ForteanOrg i wonder why the discussion is always about abortion when birth control is inexpensive and readily available,at some point in gestation the fetus has a life of its own,at that point its too late to murder your child because you want to use abortion as birth control.After birth abortions and the selling of fetal body parts are all part of womans rights? There should be exceptions when abortion is acceptable,but not because a woman is too stupid or lazy to use birth control.How can our nation morally progress when its alright to murder its youngest citizens,surely its older citizens will be next,in the ever increasing disregard for life.

Thank you for the polite reply. We do not disagree on the need to respect life. I for one would be very happy to see a world in which each pregnancy was wanted, the resulting child raised by loving parents into a happy person. But we know this is not always the case.

If only having sex meant that BOTH parents risked becoming pregnant, I believe men would be more careful and they too would fiercely defend their right on abortion. But given that only the female has to bear the long time consequences, it is IMO her right to terminate the pregnacy. That such abortions should preferably be prevented is something all of us, being in favour of abortion or not, agree on methinks.

edit on 2-8-2023 by ForteanOrg because: he got pregant where he should have gotten pregnant

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

I agree.

In as far as I am concerned It is up to the mother, as long as the child is still part of her body.

Indeed. It does not. It can't decide. Hence the mother, being the second best choice, decides.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A chil inside the womb of a woman is a separate human being no woman has the right to consciously abort unless it's rape or a danger to the mother, end off!

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I agree.

Indeed. It does not. It can't decide. Hence the mother, being the second best choice, decides.

If they allow the mother to kill a healthy child she should be guilty as a person who kills her AND her baby of murder. If you dont want a kid,ALWAYS use the pill before,and after sex to make sure ya dont get pregnant. Otherwise you should be held responsible when you wait too long.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I agree.

If they allow the mother to kill a healthy child she should be guilty as a person who kills her AND her baby of murder. If you dont want a kid,ALWAYS use the pill before,and after sex to make sure ya dont get pregnant. Otherwise you should be held responsible when you wait too long.

If you're a purist, even taking a morning after pill is murder :shrug:

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cwantas
It's sad to think that women would rather vote in favour of a political party so as to have the right to abort babies than take responsibility for their bodies. All it takes is the determination not to get pregnant so as not to be in a situation where babies are aborted, and surreal when you consider that it's as easy to obtain contraceptives as it is to obtain potatoes.

Yep. Tell that to those raped, either in marriage or out. Or tell that to women that got pregnant and then are told their child will be born severely handicapped. Tell that to young women that give in to having sex with some guy, based on promises - only to be left alone and pregnant.

Nothing wrong with the notion that we all should ensure that pregnancies are welcomed by all involved. But given the fact that we sometimes are fallible at least give the women the right to abort their unwanted pregnancy.

Look at you defending women's rights. Can you define WHAT a woman is exactly?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Seeing all of these lefties in here defending women's rights and then stomping all over them with their nonsense transgenderism is highly comical. IDIOTS

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
Seeing all of these lefties in here defending women's rights and then stomping all over them with their nonsense transgenderism is highly comical. IDIOTS

Who can define a woman anymore?

Obviously not those supporting abortion.

Unless they're biologists.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I don’t know what Republicans were thinking when they pressed the abortion issue. IT doesn’t matter what you INDIVIDUALLY feel about it, nor I, but what matters is what the bulk of the people feel about it. They have spoken.
I’m sure all the 2024 president hopefuls are eyeing Wisconsin right now.

As a sane, rational person who understands that the elections are totally rigged in these States now, and that in all likelihood, this new justice didn't really win the election.

So, in all likelihood, no, the people didn't speak, the election riggers did.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
So, in all likelihood, no, the people didn't speak, the election riggers did.

Ah, yes. The new standard. If Democrats win, they cheated. If republicans win, totally fair.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join