It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Supreme Court JUST FLIPPED!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.tmj4.com...

MADISON, Wis. — The Wisconsin Supreme Court flips to liberal control for the first time in 15 years Tuesday with the start of the term of a new justice who made abortion rights a focus of her winning campaign.

I don’t know what Republicans were thinking when they pressed the abortion issue. IT doesn’t matter what you INDIVIDUALLY feel about it, nor I, but what matters is what the bulk of the people feel about it. They have spoken.
I’m sure all the 2024 president hopefuls are eyeing Wisconsin right now.

As a person in the middle here is what I think, and I also think a lot of people feel the same way I do.
We need the Republicans for fiscal responsibility, and crime control, and gun rights, we need the liberals for social issues like womens right, workers rights, and issues like legalizing weed. The problem with the two sides, it’s all or nothing, and that doesn’t speak for the people, so they are voting on what they perceive to be the lesser of two evils. That’s a really bad thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.tmj4.com...

As a person in the middle here is what I think, and I also think a lot of people feel the same way I do.
We need the Republicans for fiscal responsibility, and crime control, and gun rights, we need the liberals for social issues like womens right, workers rights, and issues like legalizing weed. The problem with the two sides, it’s all or nothing, and that doesn’t speak for the people, so they are voting on what they perceive to be the lesser of two evils. That’s a really bad thing.

I more or less 100% agree.
I used to call myself a liberal, but now most liberals would call me a nazi... I never moved that far from center, but the center sure has moved from me!

I think we need more fiscal responsibility than either party is offering.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
They were thinking about dividing and conquering. Same thing the liberals were thinking about except the republicans were probably bribed and threatened with death!!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yay Wisconsin,

You get communism and you get communism.

Everyone gets communism!

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I think we need more fiscal responsibility than either party is offering.

Can never happen while the fox is guarding the henhouse!

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The individual ALWAYS matters because inversely if a majority wanted to ban abortion outright, the individual WOULD be the focus. A whole campaign and movement would be created around that person. Just Google "Greta Thunberg".

Mob rule. Nothing new about these played out positions and tactics.

yawn. 😴

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

LOL, I don't think I'd be excited about this, but some folks need to learn by being there.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yay Wisconsin,

You get communism and you get communism.

Everyone gets communism!
May as well start cleaning toilets for a living, will pay the same under communism as any highly skilled job and lower stress .
All the changes , for the worse, in this country is not going to end well.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Everyone gets communism!

You mean that weird political movement that ensures women have the right to decide what happens to their own body? A bit similar to how the other side is yapping about the right to be in control over other folks bodies?

Well, call me a communist any day then.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Some people have principles. Some people think ending the life of an unborn human is wrong.

I get that you're okay with it, but do you have to hate us so much because we think it's wrong?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This flip in Wisconsin doesn't thrill me anymore than the flip to blue in Michigan or any other state doesn't thrill me.
It just makes the death knell of the Republic louder to my ears.

Red States should not be celebrating when Blue States gain any traction.
We should al be in this together.
And THEY don't want that. THEY want the division.

IOW be careful what you ask for............

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wisconsin went Liberal huh ?

So long and thanks for all the cheese.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Everyone gets communism!

You mean that weird political movement that ensures women have the right to decide what happens to their own body? A bit similar to how the other side is yapping about the right to be in control over other folks bodies?

Well, call me a communist any day then.

Well said, and apparently Wisconsin AGREES!

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some people have principles. Some people think ending the life of an unborn human is wrong.

I get that you're okay with it, but do you have to hate us so much because we think it's wrong?

It’s OK for you to believe what you do, but it’s not OK to force those beliefs on others.
If you don’t want an abortion, don’t have one.

I will say, I really hope no woman in your family ever needs one! Not all abortions are from unwanted pregnancy. Women know that, that’s why a lot of Republican leaning women supported her.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: network dude

This flip in Wisconsin doesn't thrill me anymore than the flip to blue in Michigan or any other state doesn't thrill me.
It just makes the death knell of the Republic louder to my ears.

Red States should not be celebrating when Blue States gain any traction.
We should al be in this together.
And THEY don't want that. THEY want the division.

IOW be careful what you ask for............

the clown world push seems to be rooted firmly in democratic policies. It wasn't like this 10 years ago, but it is now. And I fully admit the right is worthless as well, but they aren't pushing lunacy.

This will only get worse from here. Makes me glad I can't see any of it from my house.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just don’t see how this could continue to be discussed in a supposedly enlightened society. It’s is plain and simple. You say that the focus should be on the allowance of what is needed by the minority. Fine, and for whatever else you’re right. But the difference in this case is that the option requested in every last case takes a human life. This is FAR from any other question out there.

And we ain’t out there aborting kids because condoms have a 95% failure rate. Het real! These people feel like they should have the right for the world to bend to their will and erase any responsibility they end up suffering from having sex in a downright entitled, immature, and demanding way. The government and tossing a dead baby in a sac into the incinerator is NOT your “basic human right” and your birth control option, just like diaphragm, condom, iron cross, nuva ring, or whatever else. You can’t be smart about how your managing getting pregnant or not or wanting to be more pleasing to the boys you hook up with doesn’t give you the right to put MURDER up there as if it is just one of your many methods of control you have the right to. That ain’t my problem and that ain’t anything I am gonna just let happen in the name of human rights lol.

The fact in a civilized society that we even argue this in lieu of arguing for people to be mature in the first place since NOBODY NEED BE KILLED AT ALL if people would be responsible is just impossible to understand. In no other area in life would it ever make sense, in fact it would be absolutely silly, to suggest taking a human life in lieu of telling people be responsible in the first place.

I don’t feel like taking a cab, it’s embarrassing. I’m driving home drunk if I want and I have a human right to drive in a car. If responsibility bites me in the butt and I kill a bunch of people, it’s all in the name of allowing me the right to freely drive my car and that’s what we must protect, right?

I mean, it’s just insane. Grow up! And don’t be a ho if you don’t wanna deal with the consequences of wh….dom. Killing a kid isn’t one of your ten options of birth control so stop pretending like it should be! Don’t have sex if you can’t do so in a way that mitigates the whole pregnancy issue because you ain’t got no right to if you can’t be a grown up about it. I can’t get aids and go cry to the doctor, “I don’t want it! Get it out of me!” I gotta deal with that consequence. Just because there’s an option to take care of it doesn’t in the least bit make that option ethical.
edit on 8/1/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

thats just the trojan horse. You believe it's about abortion, while they destroy middle class through economic policy which no democrat can possibly understand. But yay, look this way, abortion rights! now suffer through inflation and more taxes until your children are homeless and addicted to fentanyl.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It’s OK for you to believe what you do, but it’s not OK to force those beliefs on others.

Isn't that like saying," it's okay to be against slavery, but don't crap on people who want slaves!"

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Isn't that like saying," it's okay to be against slavery, but don't crap on people who want slaves!"

I guess, if it were possible to have a slave inside of you.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

But this thread is about the Supreme Court flip in WI, not abortion.
Right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join