It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaslighting - What does bedroom activity have to do with work?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: Annee
I’d say it’s far more about equal rights and acceptance in a workplace and society.

What “polite society “ forced to the fringes, and legally denied rights of livelihood just for being who they are needed to be corrected and recognized.

Same with the disabled, skin color, etc.

It’s not about the bedroom. That’s a cop out.

As a disabled person; the last thing I want to be "recognized" for at work is my disability. I want to be "recognized" for my hard work, talent and dedication.... not my disability.

I know I have a disability; it hinders my ability to preform my work, talent and dedication; I don't need to be reminded of it at corporate events. And I don't want to be boiled down to that guy who "does a good job even though he is disabled".

It's great that corporations and the "majority" folk are being more inclusive... but sometimes I think you all are going about it wrong. As if its more about you and your willingness to be inclusive than it is about the people you are finally accepting.

The way I see it if your disability or identity, which can include anything and everything with anybody, is within an inclusive environment then there is the expectation that that environment will also be accommodating to you so you can actually flourish to do your best work in that environment.
edit on q00000010731America/Chicago5959America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

You give this type of crowd way more credit than they deserve. Same ones who a couple years ago were eating tide pods and eating spoonful's of cinnamon

Do you mean stupid kids tik tok challenges?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

When the only way that someone can come to some sort of idea as to what their identity is revolves around being gay, bi, trans, etc, then yes, they make it about the bedroom.

If you don't make it your entire personality then nobody has any problems with it. But, it's those which that is all they have done, that are making this the problem that it really is. If they just acted as a human being instead of DEMANDING to be treated different than everyone else, then nobody would give a duck and they could live their lives like the rest of us.

Nobody gives a flying duck what your sexual preference is, but if you come into anything and your whole schtick is that you're gay/trans/bi/whatever, that shows you are more focused on that than whatever it is that you are there to do.

As I have said before, most that would fall into the rainbow community would not be any different than anyone else. I have gay neighbors and they don't flaunt their sexuality around like a prize. You wouldn't even know what they were one way or another. Sexuality doesn't even come up as a topic. This is with most people on all sides...

What we see with the smaller minority is hypersexuality in terms that their sexuality drives much of their thinking time and it is more of a compulsion than anything else. For example, when a person is hypersensitive to pronouns that are invented as we go along, and they change them at will and expect everyone to follow along that is a huge investment of time and energy for that person for even that one aspect of their lives. We can apply it to the hypersensitivity of their sexuality too.

The bigger issue is this small minority has been given the keys to drive the bus for the Woke Left as other liberals sit back quietly and let them...

I kind of compare it to that everyone washes their hands, but if you do it 200 times a day then you have a mental compulsion problem as they spend all their time thinking about washing their hands. We can apply the same logic to this smaller minority in charge for now as their focus on their sexuality is like someone washing their hands 200 times a day.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

You give this type of crowd way more credit than they deserve. Same ones who a couple years ago were eating tide pods and eating spoonful's of cinnamon

you have to be a bot.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I think the LGBT stuff is going too far.

People forget what the word tolerance means. It means we live in a free society, and we often tolerate opinions that are different than ours.

The whole pride thing display at work is a little past tolerance though, when it’s part of your work. It also kind of bucks with religious rights at work. Obviously it’s problematic for some religions.

It’s a two lane road though, being protected from discrimination doesn’t mean that you get to get a soap box for your beliefs. If someone religious kept pushing their beliefs on others in the office, it would be an issue.

But I do disagree that someone being gay is all about bedroom stuff, and any discussion or it is purely bedroom stuff. If that’s the case, no one should be able to talk about having kids because my overly sensitive brain has to imagine them clapping cheeks just because they brought it up. A lot of people don’t like being lonely, that’s a big motivating factor for many. Sure sex is all it’s about for some, but that’s not exclusive to gay people, we all know that.

There’s a way to have the conversation about equality vs equity without grasping at straws.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I remember prior to dont ask dont tell being tossed out, served alongside several guys over the years that were gay, it was known nobody cared because they tried hard to keep their personal life separate and did their day job very well.

Keep your bedroom life in your bedroom and you will never be discriminated against because of your sexual activity.

I also feel the same way about the straight guys that like to brag about their weekend conquests, great greg you probably got an std I dont care piss off and do some work.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheEther

Everyone was already accepted and working together before this practice of having to profess your pronouns.

What polite society forces experimental treatments in order to keep employement?

As a hiring manager if someone is gay I don't care, and would not even know, and even if I suspected who cares... If someone during their interview told me these are my pronouns that were invented within the last year, I would not hire them. I just do not want issues on my team and if something like that is a big issue to the person then that just creates a situation I just do not want.

The same is also how a person presents themselves. If a person presents themselves as professional then who cares. As to Trans, that is a tough one if you have customers that would take it negatively, so some positions I would not hire them into, but I see no issues as long as there are no issues to start. It would be the same as a gym hiring a 400-pound person as a trainer in it would be a specific situation for that to work.

The deal is there are 100s of reasons one might not hire a person, so it isn't like these are my top ones.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: Annee

Being that the only difference is what a person does in the bedroom, why is there any discrimination about it at all?

People don't need to know about what goes on in anyone else's.

Its called privacy. Keep your business in your bedroom and nobody has a problem! Viola

Your focus is wrong. A focus you are choosing.

That’s really not the issue.

Do you think those that are of the LGGTQ discriminated minority’s main focus is the bedroom?

Do you think those that are of the heterosexual orientation’s main focus is the bedroom?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Consideration and discretion to a long way in the work place or any other relationship for that matter.

Read the room, know who you’re talking to. I’m more chummy at work with some more than others. We can talk about certain things without fear of it being an issue. I can still small talk with people with generational gaps or other differences. We find things we relate on and stick to that. Those relationships that aren’t necessarily ‘friend’ level can still be meaningful, sometimes I can seek professional advice or even get a different perspective on something not relating to work.

What I just described is more than tolerance. It’s consideration and humanity, something most people can do without being forced into it.

You have to wonder, when you have to have institutional help in promoting your ideas, is there a reason you need that? And if that’s the case, maybe there’s a better way to sell it, or at least have people not at odds with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Don't think it really matters why they were doing it. The fact that they were doing it to begin with tells me everything I need to know about anyone who did it.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you have to be a bot.

Always throwing out that bot thing when I make a good point you don't like.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Don't think it really matters why they were doing it. The fact that they were doing it to begin with tells me everything I need to know about anyone who did it.

Of course the whys matter as in intent, context and stupid kid stuff. Explains a lot.
edit on q00000032731America/Chicago2323America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Annee
I’d say it’s far more about equal rights and acceptance in a workplace and society.

What “polite society “ forced to the fringes, and legally denied rights of livelihood just for being who they are needed to be corrected and recognized.

Same with the disabled, skin color, etc.

It’s not about the bedroom. That’s a cop out.

You're a person.....it's ok you're accepted...nobody cares what you do in the bedroom.

You choose to be a victim.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: InTheEther

Everyone was already accepted and working together before this practice of having to profess your pronouns.

What polite society forces experimental treatments in order to keep employement?

As a hiring manager if someone is gay I don't care, and would not even know, and even if I suspected who cares... If someone during their interview told me these are my pronouns that were invented within the last year, I would not hire them. I just do not want issues on my team and if something like that is a big issue to the person then that just creates a situation I just do not want.

The same is also how a person presents themselves. If a person presents themselves as professional then who cares. As to Trans, that is a tough one if you have customers that would take it negatively, so some positions I would not hire them into, but I see no issues as long as there are no issues to start. It would be the same as a gym hiring a 400-pound person as a trainer in it would be a specific situation for that to work.

The deal is there are 100s of reasons one might not hire a person, so it isn't like these are my top ones.

I agree with you.

And, to me, the pronouns are a courtesy.

I see nothing wrong with someone saying they have a preference. If they become a respected employee, others might do so out of respectful courtesy.

Change doesn’t happen overnight.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

As a disabled person; the last thing I want to be "recognized" for at work is my disability. I want to be "recognized" for my hard work, talent and dedication.... not my disability.

I know I have a disability; it hinders my ability to preform my work, talent and dedication; I don't need to be reminded of it at corporate events. And I don't want to be boiled down to that guy who "does a good job even though he is disabled".

It's great that corporations and the "majority" folk are being more inclusive... but sometimes I think you all are going about it wrong. As if its more about you and your willingness to be inclusive than it is about the people you are finally accepting.

Let's all congratulate dandandat2 as the disabled person of the month for 8 straight months WEEeee...

In business, we will work hard to meet the needs of a disabled person, but if we can't then the only option is for them to find another job if after all is said and done they can't do the job. Accommodation isn't 100% all the time and that goes for other areas that need accommodations too. We look at it and work with the person to find an answer and if we do then great, if not then there is no job. If my main customer is let's say the Saudis then I need to hire a person who will be dealing with them directly as someone who would fit within a model they would accept, for example. Same with let's say face tats...lots of jobs become closed due to that...

edit on 30-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

you have to be a bot.

um...no.

when a person who posts on a daily basis seems to have to question the relationship between eating tide pods and tick tock challenges makes me think whomever programmed you sucked at their job. But you are probably right, and I'm just insecure over how brilliant your posting is.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You do realize that the "challenges" I stated were being done before Tik Tok was really a thing in the US, right?

Yeah, it explains that these "kids" are willing to bend and break to anything and everything that society wants them to do. You know, like making a big deal out of being lgbtbbq+/=, when nobody cares

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

you have to be a bot.

um...no.

when a person who posts on a daily basis seems to have to question the relationship between eating tide pods and tick tock challenges makes me think whomever programmed you sucked at their job. But you are probably right, and I'm just insecure over how brilliant your posting is.

Your MO, first the bot thing then insults for the fail.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

you have to be a bot.

um...no.

Your MO, first the bot thing then insults for the fail.

that's the same thing you said under the last user who was banned for being a dick.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You do realize that the "challenges" I stated were being done before Tik Tok was really a thing in the US, right?

Yeah, it explains that these "kids" are willing to bend and break to anything and everything that society wants them to do. You know, like making a big deal out of being lgbtbbq+/=, when nobody cares

Stupid kid challenges have been around a long time on social media, tik tok or otherwise.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join