It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Biden-Democrats Mandate Removal of Coolants from Air Conditioners.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
a reply to: carewemust
I honestly feel like they are just trying to piss as many people off as possible sometimes.

Biden/Dems wants to trigger an uprising so the Nov 2024 election can be delayed forever. Democrats are just that sinister. They make these long-term changes with confidence, because they have a plan up their sleeve to stay in power.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They won't!

I virtually guarantee it.
edit on 16-7-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

I remember when the EPA mandated that wood burning stoves were required to be altered to produce less co2, around 15 or so years ago.

Now, a wood burning stove can not be dampened down for a slow burn and instead of emitting a little dirty smoke, they emit a whole lot of not so dirty smoke. The only way to control new stoves is to limit the amount of wood you put in it or it will burn up what you put in it fast, fast, fast.

Asinine crap from the EPA.
edit on 16-7-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: EternalShadow

Everything they're trying to implement has absolutely no logistical support or technology to usher it in and nothing, like you mentioned, to replace it.

I'm beginning to think they dream up these stupid issues as not just diversionary tactics but also to make it look like there are two opposing parties pretending to fight for their team.

IF something this stupid passed, the lawsuits would ensue and those politicians instigating the filings would be making a name for themselves in their party.

It also makes it look like our representatives are actually doing something to justify their outrageous wages.

It's all grease for the big DC machine.

These are EPA rules being implemented. Not something that needs to be "passed" by Congress.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Technocrats and Elitists only care about themselves. They know they will have access to all the hydrofluorocarbons they could ever want in their lifetime no mater how strict a ban they make for the little guys.

The Democrat party urishering in a new set of resources that segregate the haves vs the have nots; while making sure they are on the "have" list. 180 degree shift in what I thought they stood for.

Pelosi's office acknowledges indoor hair appointment, violating San Francisco Covid-19 restrictions

California governor went to party, violated own virus rules

Michigan Gov. Whitmer caught violating her own public health guidelines

Why the world would listen to the Democrat party on the issue of sacrifice for the greater good is beyond my comprehension.

They had their chance to lead by example; to show what they are made of. They failed and we can see exactly what they plan to do after they restrict the rest of society

And JOHN KERRY says AL GORE has more jets and air conditioners than he does. DUH!

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Convince California, Arizona, New Mexico, Austin, liberals to do it first TODAY as a social experiment. Report back how it goes... HYPOCRITES!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is CO2 and Air Conditioner Coolant related....or the same thing?

Hydrofluorocarbon molecules (HFCs) are different than carbon dioxide molecules, if that is what you are asking.

However, HFCs' power as a greenhouse gas is several thousand times greater than that of CO2, per unit mass:

www.ccacoalition.org...

That's why the EPA wants to control them. Even though they account for only about 2% of greenhouse gases, they can have a much stronger effect than CO2 itself.

There are actually several other alternative air conditioner gases that are already in use around the world; they include CO2 itself, Ammonia, Propane, and Butane. You can't just take one of those gases and put it in an existing air conditioner designed to run on HFCs; you have to select which refrigerant you want to use and then design an air conditioner around that choice. But it's been done. We know how to do it. It's not rocket science.

And before you ask, Ammonia, Propane, and Butane are not greenhouse gases.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Everything they're trying to implement has absolutely no logistical support or technology to usher it in and nothing, like you mentioned, to replace it.

I'm beginning to think they dream up these stupid issues as not just diversionary tactics but also to make it look like there are two opposing parties pretending to fight for their team.

And you would be correct!

Let's take it a step further as we see Kamala stating that population reduction goes hand in hand with their climate agenda. The WH is trying to walk it back saying she meant "pollution" but I'm inclined to think the latter as being true.
www.zerohedge.com...
The climate change agenda is really a population reduction scheme. You really can't have one without the other. At least that's what narcissistic psychopaths think.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   

People voted for bigger government, more government intrusion.

This is what they got.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's interesting how the U.S. will do so many things to reduce climate change and pollution, except for one of the world's biggest climate change enables ; The U.S. Military.

If the Biden admin and other politicians really want to reduce climate change and pollution, they need to start looking at the military.

But for some reason, both political sides (including Biden and Trump) have done nothing about reducing pollution in the military.

Sure, Trump talked about the Military Industrial Complex, but he didn't do a damn thing about it. And neither did Biden.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
I think the proper term is refrigerants. I remember back in 2013 we had to retrofit alot if stores that had R408 409 and R22 with R407A and C. Crazy how R22 should of been banned by now but you still can get it for an arm and a leg.

Fascinating. So much we take for granted, while we destroy Mother Earth.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
Convince California, Arizona, New Mexico, Austin, liberals to do it first TODAY as a social experiment. Report back how it goes... HYPOCRITES!!!!!

Yeah some of those places are sizzling today.
Make them turn the AC off and see what happens.

link   
a reply to: nugget1
The EPA workforce totals,

Fiscal Year Enacted Budget Workforce
FY 2023 $10,135,433,000 15,115
FY 2022 $9,559,485,000 14,581
FY 2021 $9,237,153,000 14,297
FY 2020 $9,057,401,000 14,172

EPA gov

In other words, they have a lot of desk-jockies sitting there thinking of asinine ways they can justify and guarantee the security of their positions there.

link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Just the next step in the Biden admin's war on the American people.

If it wasn't for the Supreme Court, 30% of us would have a chronic long-term illness, and on a fast-track to pushing up daisies, thanks to the Vaccine mandate Biden wanted to force on all of us.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer
The EPA already controls them if companies where allowed to use a cheaper solution such as propane they would

Propane and butane are illegal to put in refrigeration systems ammonia its hard to get the permits to have much more than what it takes to power a small fridge leaks from larger units have happen in the past and people died not a risk we would want on a large scale

CO2 is possible but it has a larger energy cost due to the increased temperature required to condense it This limitation could be overcome but we don't have even a prototype just theory's on how to do that

The goal is possible the timeline is not

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Does this mean we'll be using 40% more ELECTRICITY to maintain the same temperatures? What's the alternative? Maybe they should get rid of air conditioners and refrigerators altogether.

I wish we could go back to the old Crosley Icy Ball.

edit on 5331202300000031bSun, 16 Jul 2023 17:14:53 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Democrats Mandate Removal of Coolants from Air Conditioners.

Wasn't this done in the 90s for the hole in the Ozone ?
Replaced with a certified "green" version.
Nothin but a bunch 'o loons .

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: carewemust

Is CO2 and Air Conditioner Coolant related....or the same thing?

There are actually several other alternative air conditioner gases that are already in use around the world; they include CO2 itself, Ammonia, Propane, and Butane. You can't just take one of those gases and put it in an existing air conditioner designed to run on HFCs; you have to select which refrigerant you want to use and then design an air conditioner around that choice. But it's been done. We know how to do it. It's not rocket science.

And before you ask, Ammonia, Propane, and Butane are not greenhouse gases.

many motorhomes use ammonia in there refrigerators but still use HFCs in there air conditioners
me i live in the desert and use a swamp coolers.

Most properly built air conditioner in homes rarely put out any refrigerant, i have two roof a/c units on my motor home that are over 30 years old and would still work if needed and have never needed recharged. But they are expensive to run, and I run my swamp cooler off solar/lifepo4 batteries.
www.turbokool.net...

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

It's interesting how the U.S. will do so many things to reduce climate change and pollution, except for one of the world's biggest climate change enables ; The U.S. Military.

they are working on making the military all-electric vehicle.
wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu...

The Department of Defense has mandated all military branches to convert their fleets of non-combat vehicles from gas powered to electric by 2035.

That gives each installation across the country a little more than a decade to figure out the logistics of buying the vehicles and having enough places to charge them.

this will be the equivalent of another tax. the US worker will pay more so the progs can congratulate themselves on their green-ness.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That's what I was getting at.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join