It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Megalithic Polygonal Blocks in Montana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thats atypical for that type of intrusive igneous formations, here's why.

Dykes are not pretty looking nor uniform usually. They fill asymmetrical voids and stick out as different from the surrounding rock. They run across the plane.

Sill, on the other hand...

www.differencebetween.net...

en.m.wikipedia.org...(geology)

Dykes can be classified as vertical, nearly vertical, or steep in nature; their creation is dependent on the consistency of pressure that originates below.
The usual classification of dykes can be diabase, basaltic to granitic, or rhyolitic, but other forms like pegmatite dikes and aplite dikes also exist. Dykes are classified as discordant intrusions – they are not parallel but run across the preexisting land- or rock form.

On the other hand, sills are formed in the same way as dykes, but their direction is different. Dykes are created in between and parallel to their surrounding bedding plates.
Meanwhile, sills are often uniform in orientation since the surrounding rocks can give consistency to their form. However, they can also be non-uniform in appearance in terms of color and direction.

There's a lot of exposed dykes and sill in Montana, but it looks like this:

This wall sticks out as out of place.

There are natural wall formations like this, exposed batholith looks exactly like this, maybe a little more haphazard looking. If so uplift, erosion, and glaciation would be the process by which they were exposed over time.

It's weird for a single wall formation of batholith to be the only thing exposed.

Upon research to location: it's a batholith exposed over time. Sage Mountain is nothing but batholithic formations.

Had hope. But that is natural..
edit on 26-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: randomuser

Ya know, out of all the JW’s (there have been many) that have posted on this site — I like you the most. Because you actually post in threads that have nothing to do with Jehovah.

As you know, I used to be a JW, a regular pioneer in fact (back when we actually put in a 1000 hours a year). When I left the religion, ancient civilizations was where most my research got directed. The reason being, the JW timeline of 6,000 years absolutely did not add up.

This planets events are cyclical. If we peer into the past, we can understand the present and future. Then there is words from your own bible that 100% verify this sentiment, in Ecclesiastes 1:9:

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

www.bible.com...#

Why believe in a faith there are so many and everyone is correct -The only reason we believe what we do is our surroundings and teachings from our inner circles , As a race "Human" we need to realize we have no clue and faith is wasted energy we should focus our faith energy on longevity and space travel . We are one disaster from being extinct if we do need leave this planet and live longer . Imagine what the great minds could have done with a few more 100 years .

Faith in ourselves is the Savior .
edit on 26-6-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Natural. Rock walls like these (usually formed at a site of an old earthquake, where the bedding planes fractured and one moved apart) are very very common all around thw rold.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
There are tests that can be done that determine if it in natural or human arraigned structure. I saw how they did it on another wall years ago. I think it may have been in Texas. They dug up an enormous man-made looking wall and took core samples in multiple areas. They checked for magnetic polarity or something, and they all faced the same way magnetically, showing that it was actually a natural volcanically formed wall like structure. There may be a thread on here about that wall. The city in Texas has wall in its name.

Yep. This is the city of Rockwall, just to the NorthEast of Dallas

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: visitedbythem

What if the method of moving and assembling the huge boulders leaves a magnetic orientation into the stone? And that lining up is remnant of how it's built?

Just spitballing here.

If those were produced and stacked by men, the magnetic orientation of each stone would likely point in different directions. It was set before men walked the Earth. It is locked into that direction forever.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Natural. Rock walls like these (usually formed at a site of an old earthquake, where the bedding planes fractured and one moved apart) are very very common all around thw rold.

Yes, and there are many examples of incredibly similar sites, that we know for a fact are man made. You don’t find that intriguing, as an archeologist?

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Thanks for posting the pics. Wish I could do that with the hardware I’m dealing with.

I think what differentiates those examples with Sage Wall, is the symmetry. 275 feet of what looks to be almost perfectly straight.

More studies need to be done there.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Degradation33

Thanks for posting the pics. Wish I could do that with the hardware I’m dealing with.

I think what differentiates those examples with Sage Wall, is the symmetry. 275 feet of what looks to be almost perfectly straight.

More studies need to be done there.

I have to walk back my initial tone after brushing up on the igneous provinces of Montana.

I have to go with glacier exposed. Glaciers can uniformly expose the igneous formations (like batholith, dykes, and sills) which can be smoothly eroded by wind and rain thereafter. If glacial striations match the direction of the wall (and they do) it's probably related.
edit on 26-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have seen ancient sites in USA, Mexico, England, Ireland, and France. Right angle cuts are engineered. Nature doesn’t do right angles. Nature is random. Think of the law of Entropy. The bowls in the stone can also be found out in Santa Barbara’s botanical gardens. The Indians ground corn in them. The other cuts in the stones could be from grinding up stone sledge hammers and axe, ceremonial or for everyday use. These can be seen near Carnac in France. The dolmens in Ireland, France and Stonehenge England are similar to those in the video. So what is the problem? The ancients were everywhere doing things, maybe even the giants.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What human activity has been found around these sites?

Sorry to say, but these look like natural formations, I have encountered similar looking rock formations while on hikes here along the niagara escarpment.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Sorry to say, but these look like natural formations, I have encountered similar looking rock formations while on hikes here along the niagara escarpment.

Cool! Please provide examples.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Hopefully the town name or wall name in Texas comes back to you. I'd like to see a picture of it to compare visual features. The volcanic ones dont look so blocky.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I went ahead and found something in Texas, Rockwall? I found an article that talks about the orientation of the rocks in the wall.

From the images, the wall in Rockwall Texas looks nothing like the megalith wall Montana or the others that seem likely to be manmade, at least of the images I've seen.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Yes Rockwall Texas. The test samples reveal it is a natural formation

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Half way through the video I'm thinking yeah these look man made but they don't have those nubs that all the rest of the megaliths from around the world all share. And then they show the nubs.

Been reading about megaliths for over 30 years and I am convinced there was a global civilization in our far far distant past.

This megalith stuff imo is the greatest mystery of humanity.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

What if it wasn't heated but chemical softening?

Mix chemicals together pour the liquid over stone , it softens for a short time.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

edit on 6/27/23 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I think many of us want to believe that examples like this are evidence of some mythical ancient human civilization whose achievements in many ways outstripped those of today.

But we have to look at things with a critical eye and if I'm being perfectly honest I think the evidence provided by randomuser - I fail to see what his religious convictions have to do with this? - cast sufficient enough doubt on this for me to personally to be sceptical about this particular case.

Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate you bringing this to ATS - we need more threads like this - and I'm certainly not dismissing it outright, but I'm not convinced either.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I gotta admit, not being a geologist or anything, that does look like an old wall to me.

I gotta admit, having some geological knowledge, that looks exactly like a natural dyke to me. I've seen very similar (though smaller) ones on Jura. I can understand though why some would be confused.

Just remember though, anyone posting a video like the one in the OP has an agenda. Ancient unknown civilisations sell much better than boring geology!

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think the nubs were used to stop "rope" slippage" when liftin and the n cut/ground off when the stone was in position. Yes, there are some nubs still on but that could be that they just haven't been taken off.
Now if it is a natural formation there can be no excuse to remove a few stones to examine the internal structure. I've posited this theory about the pyramid of Giza and the dating thereof. Removing a few stones would expose the surface from when it was constructed and I would say there would be a very good chance that organic material (plant spores, pollen etc.) could be found and dated to give a date of construction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join