It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Would Have Guessed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Wasn't this already known? That or there were some early hotspots near the lab, and it has been suspected that either someone infected from the lab went to the wet market, or, as has happened previously in China, lab animals were taken to and sold at the wet market. I believe that was indication that lab staff came down with the disease in the fall of 2019 (is mentioned in the NY Post article cited).

Given that this pandemic began in a city with a lab that studies corona viruses and has conducted gain of function experiments, I have assumed since the beginning that this was a lab leak. There was not a track of outbreaks from where the virus is found naturally to Wuhan; rather, it began in Wuhan and was immediately transmittable from and to humans.

Whether or not it was intentional -- and I don't think it was -- this was a bio attack just as much as someone accidentally setting of a nuclear ICBM at another country would be a nuclear attack. That China kept information from the world regarding the outbreak only makes it that much more culpable for this pandemic. For this reason alone China should be treated as a renegade and terrorist country. Unfortunately, initially Trump played it down as well, and had only good things to say about Xi, and only later when it had spread all over the world, including the US, did Trump start blaming China for it, and even then wouldn't provide any information to the public as to why. And the WHO and the CDC did everything in their power to make it seem like it was an in-the-wild transmission to humans.

I don't generally go for conspiracy theories, but in this case the lab leak theory and evident suppression of this theory by authorities makes the most sense, has the most circumstantial evidence backing it up and fits Occam's Razor solution to the mystery.

I'd vote in 2024 for the presidential candidate and political party that makes getting to the bottom of this business and punishing the country responsible for this pandemic its #1 priority. I think a lot of other people would too.

edit on 16-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: modified a clause to 2nd sentence

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Wasn't the virus already going around and reaching pandemic levels before those cotton swab "jibber jabbers" were being given?

And the essay you reference seems rather word salady, and seems to refute established knowledge on viruses. Can't take it too seriously.

I think Covid-19 was a lab leak. If China wanted to do something nasty, like wreck the world economy and kill millions of people in other countries, it would have released the virus elsewhere, and then quarantined their country to outsiders for a few years. That it was likely a lab leak doesn't make the Chinese government any less responsible for how they handled it or the level of bio-security that lab had, or the fact that they were allowing gain of function research in a city of 11 million people. If that sort of research is to be done at all, it should be on a remote island or in remote desert area.
edit on 16-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: original post was already made redundant, so made it a reply to another post

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jorge1986s

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Jorge1986s

Of course they exist:

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Not going any further into this madness.

Deny Ignorance.

Sounds good to me, your belief system calcified long ago and is inflexible to a paradigm shift.

The conversation simply wouldn't be fruitful.

Go ahead, ignore 130 years of viral research. Obviously one article on the web that claims all of virology is junk science, without any evidence to back up the claim is so much more clearly the truth.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Everyone with any sort of common sense knew this from the beginning. Now that this is out there, all of those nay-sayers can take a minute to see that there was some actual clout to what we were all saying.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Dionysaur

Back in 2001 while in MBA graduate school during a breakfast break my Chinese professor came up behind me and Squeezed both of my butt cheeks. Several girls in my class witnessed it.

I am not into backdoor vaccines. Fast forward to 2023 I wonder if he's into T-girl call girls. The pretty ones?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join