It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Bond Film "Moonraker" the character "Dolly" had dental braces. CERN changed it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnKerrysBarber

I am nearly 60 and i dont subscribe to the Mandela affect......BUT i remember braces as clear as day !
Maybe i missed it because of the wonderful jelly wobblers....

All the best

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
First this is a very cool thread. Someone mentioned Frebreze earlier I was NO WAY..I thought it was Frebreeze as well even asked friends and family to spell it..googled it and found a thread on FB concerning it and someone asked Febreze when they changed the name. They stated they have been spelling it that way the entire time? My take is the mind just added the extra "e" because of how we spell breeze.

On to Dolly. I was too young to watch it so I can not add to the with or without but after seeing some screen caps I can see why most would not really be looking for braces.

I was curious if I could find some old stills from that time period so I went to eBay. I know these are not the film but I think movie cards are stills from the film correct? I also found the original trailer on 35mm for sale but I did not see a clip on Dolly on it when I watched the trailer on YouTube so no sense in buying it..

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos77

Like I mentioned in a previous post, it doesnt matter how much "evidence" you guys find, because we are on your timeline, so everything related to any changes we perceive will present itself as YOU remember.

Our only hope for understanding is that one day, you experience something where you go "hey wait... that's not what I remember"

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is driving me crazy. Does anybody remember several years ago, maybe ten years or so there was a music video created by the CERN staff

at one point in the video we see a scientist with long white hair and a beard looking jovial. He is holding a sign that said something cryptic like Bond/Mandela 1....

Or something like that I can't quite remember I'd love to find that screenshot to add to the discussion.

I remember it had the vibe of "lol we created the Mandela effect lol"

I'm aware if the irony of not remembering small details in a thread about the Mandela effect.

I do think something happened. Something with quantum physics and reality was manipulated.
edit on 26-5-2023 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Aha! I found it....

I know nothing of this video or what is being narrated but this Is the guy from cern with the weird cryptic signs..

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I don’t understand how cern changed a movie. I watched a couple seconds of the YouTube clip and remember both the girl and the big guy both had braces. Was there a movie remake?
I suppose if someone says the girl never had braces, they will say I am from a different reality.

I remember Jaws having a mouth full of titanium-looking teeth, not braces which do not make sense if he is biting through steel cable.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes. Jaws had a bit more metalware than "braces"!!!!

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
does anyone else remember this advert i posted earlier, and how come in this Richard Kiel has no bloody metal mouth but the cashier does, could this be what is confusing us?

i thought in both the movie moonraker and the advert boy fell in love with girl because of braces, yet in this advert and in movie only one of the lovebirds has braces.....

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wasn't Dolly supposed to be sort of a social outcast due to them? Remove the braces and there's zero connection with Jaws. Why the flying f# would she have any interest in him now?

Without braces there's no reason for her to be portrayed as withdrawn either. Normal men would be lining up around the block to take advantage of her (with or without braces tbh, look at them boobs!).

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

Because she is the total opposite of Jaws?

Like, opposites attract and stuff?

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think this is a case of our brains subconsciously noticing a missed opportunity (giving Dolly braces) and our memories retroactively "filling in the blank" with what would have made the film better. I think this logic applies to most Mandela Effects.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Good point but I've never see the advert you've posted. Wasn't shown here. But like others I have the recollection of Dolly wearing braces in the movie when she smiled in that scene. Of course many years ago.

Looking at the posted scene now where she does not have them on I'm sorta taken aback and somewhat surprised.

It's like 'okay, I remember that scene differently'.

Can't explain it.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murenu
I think this is a case of our brains subconsciously noticing a missed opportunity (giving Dolly braces) and our memories retroactively "filling in the blank" with what would have made the film better. I think this logic applies to most Mandela Effects.

Could be. I do remember a lot of things from my childhood and later (some 60 years ago) that others don't recall or perhaps say the memory is flawed. It's just that I remember them that way.

In the movie. I recall the braces (like many) where some others say there were no braces.

Some of the other 'Mandela' effects I have no knowledge of, like the Berestain/stein bears, as I never had access to those story books. As for Mandela himself I never followed up the man as it was a world away. Only later in life did he have an impact of sorts but others remember he died years before he became president.

Maybe I've missed something in this thread but I'm wondering what or who was the initial spark outside this discussion that started the debate and how long it has actually been since first noticed.

Thanks for your thought provoking post,

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

For me it was this thread from way back when.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This sent me down a rabbit hole so deep I don't think I've ever actually gotten out of it. It's quite comfy down here now

I've been blessed with an above average memory that goes back all the way to being an infant. I've also been and excellent speller, getting 100 percent on spellathons back in the day. The changes to spelling and events, for me, was very disorienting.

The Portrait of Dorian Grey, Interview with a Vampire, Sex in the City, Steven Segal, Life is like a box of chocolates, all of them are wrong now and I just plain accept it these days.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

I mean... it would make more sense if that advert was meant as a parody of the scene in moonraker, which only solidifies that braces were indeed there in the original!

Come to think of it, if the Mandella effect is real, then surely a parody of something will not be changed as this is a separate thing. Maybe a good idea is find parodies (if any exist) of things in the mandella fx umbrella, see if there is any pattern!

Maybe there exists a parody of MOnopoly man for example somewhere!

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: astralrocker2001
I remember watching the movie when it first came out, and during that scene, thinking that if I were the writer I would have had her having braces on when she smiled. Since then I have seen the version of her smiling with braces on.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Perhaps the Mandela Effect is related to the internet more than anything else. Consider the origin of the internet . . .

ARPANET, which established the first host-to-host network connection on October 29, 1969. It was created by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) of the U.S. Department of Defense. ARPANET was one of the first general-purpose computer networks. It connected time-sharing computers at government-supported research sites, principally universities in the United States, and it soon became a critical piece of infrastructure for the computer science research community in the United States.

www.britannica.com...

This was ten years before the release of Moonraker, plenty of time for the government to plan and execute a psyop using the details from this movie as a test of how they could manipulate information via the emerging internet. Computers and their networks were a revolutionary development similar to the printing press, except the government and military were there from the beginning and undoubtedly had control as their first priority when creating it.
edit on 26-5-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   
because I have a memory like a steel trap. Watched this as a kid, even the interview with the cast and writer describing the scene. (there is a synopsis somewhere online of them talking about the film) There NEVER were braces. The scene is supposed to be their differences, not there sameness the writer said. She accepted him for who he was and smiled at him with nice teeth in approval of his metal teeth. This whole Mandela Effect is just BS for people with horrible memories!

a reply to: Nirishman

edit on 27-5-2023 by inflaymes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I assure you that in the seventies in the version shown on television , she had braces. We are not all wrong. We are not all imagining it. I know the the actress stated that she never had braces so they must have been added then removed. Or the mandela effect is real.
a reply to: inflaymes

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying
...Life is like a box of chocolates...

Yeah, that's a general timeless quote of life being unpredictable, so if his mother used the past tense 'was' when he was young, then life is ok and predictable then? (and present day when he's sitting on the bench)

Plus using 'was' doesn't mesh logically with the second line, as I'll know EXACTLY what I will have gotten.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join