It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Bond Film "Moonraker" the character "Dolly" had dental braces. CERN changed it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: astralrocker2001

I Just saw moonraker on hbo, no braces. - i was more intrigued by the miniature jet used for one of the bond films but noticed the lack of braces while watching.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I remember this. What killed Mandela effects for me was C3P0's silver leg, totally never saw that in all the times I watched Star Wars.

I think this is just an example of how our brains can see a better scene than the one in front of us and thats how so many people think they remember braces.

Anyway, if the Mandela effect is real there would never ever be any proof that things were different would there?
edit on 11pWed, 24 May 2023 12:07:11 -050020232023-05-24T12:07:11-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: C2po is c3pos brother and wasn't in ghe film

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Oh, she had braces just look at the video upThenDown posted at the 47-second mark.

Yet at the end of the movie in the scene where she shares champagne with jaws and smiles just before the station blows, she doesn't have any braces.

Trippy, but like someone else suggested the actress may have had something to do with it.
edit on 24-5-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Check out the red wedding in Game Of Thrones, Rob Stark's wife is still pregnant in the story line but now her belly is flat in the Red Wedding scene.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What makes you think CERN or the ATLAS detectors have anything to do with this or can change time? (I don't see the link/logic leap)

CERN is very, very low power (a millionth of a Joule) the computer/phone you're typing on is roughly 1 billion times more powerful - a mosquito uses more energy to fly, a human jogging slowly is several hundred times the power and you have thousands of particles with far more energy passing through your body every second but none of these alter time.

You can make the same exotic matter at home by shining a $10 green laser at a gold cone - it's the detectors and data analysis that make it so useful and an incredile feat of engineering - no chane of it altering time or ending the world though.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

edit on 24-5-2023 by CR4SH0V3R1D3 because: Double post

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas
I can only see the Starbucks cup now 😂

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The sorcery that is CERN will ultimately go sideways despite the arrogance of those enamoured with it and all of its mighty glory. Moonraker was a terrific Bond offering. Lois Chiles was a top choice Bond girl. Good times!

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Absolutely...beyond any doubt in my mind she had braces. Must have watched the movie 50 times as a kid and that was the best scene in the movie.

P.S.
Had to create a new account. For some reason can't get in with my old account. 10yrs down the drain!

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was 9 years old when my father took me to see that movie.

I remember the braces, I remember the conversation he had with me about it, "you're gonna have to have braces too." He was not talking about Jaws either, as my father did not have much of a sense of humor and wouldn't have made a joke about that.

I remember seeing it on TV in the 80's and she had braces as well. I never really had any awareness of braces before this, I mean, I had heard the term bantered around by my parents before this, but in 79 there was no internet for me to go see what they looked like and I didn't know anyone with braces (only a retainer).

I can only surmise, I am somehow trapped in the wrong dimension - could someone please send me back to my original one, the one where I am surely an ultra-rich elite. Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Same here. Formerly thedudedoesnotabide a reply to: OdinsPath

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Definitely remember Dolly having braces; that's part of the comedy of the scene when they smile at each other - Dolly's metal braces and Jaws metal teeth.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Had to (re)register...

She has always had braces (on my wordline of matter), there obviously was a cornucopia behind the fruits, you had to lock a NES cartridge down for it to launch, Tinkerbell (now spelled "Tinker Bell"?) had her distinctive castle/stardust intro, sometimes the wand didn't quite work as it should, upsetting the lady, she said "Mirror mirror" not the redundant "Magic mirror etc.", the capitalist wore a monocle, Volkswagen's logo was gapless, Volvo's arrowless, and, this is for the connoisseur, George McFly pushed Mark Dixon's face, not torso, at the ball.

A few observations: the former world (not that an outer world really exists as it would appear, take the word in an idealist sense) had more humor, meaning, intelligence, was happier, vivid, not that bizarre or debased (transgenders? transableists?!) The nearly sole interesting aspect this new plastic normal, sinister Joker Luna Park displays can only be appreciated by those who are strangers to it, namely the phenomenon called Mandela Effect. The decidedly everywhere surprisingly energetic and angry, supposedly disinterested deniers/debunkers/fact checkers are either born, bred and dead in this synthetic hell, knowing no better or are bought trolls, contributing to the annoying foreground noise characteristic of this unreality we found ourselves in.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I recall her having braces. That was the entire point of the scene.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gentzen

You might want to check this sites T&Cs.

Calling folk "bought shills" is frowned on.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is true. Saw the film many times. Dolly always had braces. She smiled at Jaws and showed him hers. It’s what softened him towards her. Absolute nonsense now.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1986

Well her dental braces are clearly evident in the video posted by upThenDown at the 45-48-second mark.

So it's not much anything to do with CERN or the Mandela effect else the version posted would not exist by my understanding of the matter.
edit on 24-5-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

If you subscribe to this theory, it may not have been CERN, it could be an advanced alien civilization 100 million light years away. Fooling around with time travel could cause a re alignment of the timeline anywhere in the universe. For example, suppose some alien civilization develops time travel and decides to send a probe back to a few million years after the big bang to observe the early universe. The probe arrives, makes observations, and in the process some atoms of gas are disturbed slightly, and as a result, the milky way galaxy never forms. That would certainly affect our timeline! Hopefully any alien civilization advanced enough to do such a thing would know better. But you never know, maybe a more innocent experiment somewhere in the cosmos might tweek the universal timeline very subtly. Resulting in someone being born with green eyes instead of blue, or a movie scene in which the actress now is missing braces she formerly had....
edit on 24-5-2023 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ARM1986

Well her dental braces are clearly evident in the video posted by upThenDown at the 45-48-second mark.

So it's not much anything to do with CERN or the Mandela effect else the version posted would not exist by my understanding of the matter.

the VFX edited version? Does it matter what is done nowadays with digital editting software? The matter is the original and the actors/actresses versions of it.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnKerrysBarber

The matter is the original and the actors/actresses versions of it.

I don't disagree

And if you had bothered to read the entirety of the thread, or even this page, you would clearly see where i said.

Trippy, but like someone else suggested the actress may have had something to do with it.

Still, nothing to do with the Mandela Effect or CERN being responsible far as i can establish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join