It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be better for DeSantis not to run this time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
With fox gone, where will the GOP run their campaign ads? And where will the money come from to pay for them.

Like it or not, political campaigns are big business and like all big business...it's all about the money.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: combatmaster
Desantis is good domestically. But he cannot compete with Trump internationally. World leaders are afraid of Trump because he is unpredictable. Thats why he should be president!

a reply to: Mahogany

I agree on the unpredictable aspect.
But do you really want someone with that much power that doesn't fully understand geopolitics?
That is a gamble I wouldn't make.
But you do you mate

Yes i do... if memory serves correctly, it was under this 'someone that doesnt fully understand geopolitics' that the world was moving towards peace in every region.

Fact is it aint that complicated..... keep the barbarians at bay (theres geopolitics for u in a nutshell)... Trump knew how to do that., desantis doesnt! Hes too clean.. too sane!!!!

Bwahaha the world was moving towards peace....
What a load of crap
I get you like Trump and on some issues I really did like his approach.
....every region huh...
Ya nah

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Isn't that the plan?

No voices to challenge Joey's second installment "reelection"?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
With fox gone, where will the GOP run their campaign ads? And where will the money come from to pay for them.

Like it or not, political campaigns are big business and like all big business...it's all about the money.

The departure of Tucker balls will dramatically change the political climate in America and around the world.
Times are a changing that is for sure.
I personally think Tucker is a smart idiot but he was the glue for the GOP.
With him gone I fear that one political party will have too much power.
That frightening fact worries me much more than him having a stage to speak on.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Good domestically? Good for what? What plans does he have? Is the love for DeSantis simply because he is "anti-woke"? Does his allegations of corruption and treatment of prisoners not matter?
Is it just because he is a great cookie-cutter republican on paper? Is that all republicans care about - just having an anti-woke republican who looks good on the outside?

What does he represent? What plans does he have?

Why don't people put any thought into who they want to be president? Seems like its all superficial BS that people care about.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

It is all superficial BS.
Hell they froth at the mouth when a dem changes parties.
Yet they do very little if any at all to take the time to look at previous policies of said people.
The only thing that matters is that letter before the name.
After that R is present nothing matters.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The departure of Tucker balls will dramatically change the political climate in America and around the world.
Times are a changing that is for sure.
I personally think Tucker is a smart idiot but he was the glue for the GOP.
With him gone I fear that one political party will have too much power.
That frightening fact worries me much more than him having a stage to speak on.

The GOP destroyed any candidate they might run because of their stance on abortion. No party can win with out the female vote and the republicans blew it. Female voters are younger and they don't like being told how to manage their bodies by fat gray haired old men.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Very true and many here you included pointed that out.
Unfortunately for the Republicans they doubled down.
And now here we are.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Being ordered by a superior officer to over see a force feeding of a prisoner on a hunger strike is SOP US practice regardless of how the WMA considers it.

edit on 24-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
Yea! Lets elect another anti-woke divisive Republican whose plan for America is.... who knows?! He's not a democrat!

And who cares that he has allegations of assisting in the torture of GITMO prisoners. No biggie!

Biden got 80 million votes for being "Anyone but Trump".

Oh the irony

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm

Just watch the interview on how he handled it. He took a sadistic approach to it. Choosing to torture the prisoners as a response.

Just because one is ordered to oversee a hunger strike, doesn't mean one has to choose torture and sadistic punishments to solve the issue.

Maybe you don't care, but I don't want someone with a huge lack of morals or ethics to be president.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Strapping some one to a chair that is on a hunger strike and force feeding them. the US government does not consider that torture.
It started with Bush, Continued through Obama's 2 terms, Trumps 1 Term and is continuing during Bidens current term.
If you have a problem with it contact the current Administration that is using the same Procedure.

They wouldnt even have needed to strap them down but they were purposely vomiting it back up. So they strapped them in the chair and isolated them until it was decided they could not vomit it up.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
Voting for Trump or Biden is idiotic. Why must we choose either an ego-maniac or old senile man? Why do we feel we're forced to choose the idiots each party gives us?

You guys constantly talk about "TPTB" but then advocate to vote for candidates that are hand delivered by TPTB who do absolutely nothing to change the status quo and ACTUALLY clear the swamp (not just talk about it).

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Watch the interview of the prisoner (who was found innocent) and what he and others had to go through while DeSantis was there.

If you find nothing wrong with that, then maybe that shows what wrong with America and it's voters. We're okay with torturing and killing people from other countries as long as we just label them "terrorists or terrorist associated"

DeSantis could have refused to participated in that torture. AND yes, it is torture. But he not only participated in it, but actively contributed to it.

Sorry, but ill vote for people who show signs of humanity. Not sadists. I guess some people only care about having a shiny republican face in office. Ethics be damned.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It is all superficial BS.
Hell they froth at the mouth when a dem changes parties.
Yet they do very little if any at all to take the time to look at previous policies of said people.
The only thing that matters is that letter before the name.
After that R is present nothing matters.

Was ATS always like this? I don't remember it being a Republican worship forum before Trump's reign. Perhaps it was a bit more mixed until Trump came along and the forums were spammed with Trump cultist love letters every day.

I remember a time when both parties and medias were criticized heavily. Maybe my memory is flawed. But i remember ATS having a lot more educated and thought-provoking takes - nows its mostly just 'VOTE REPUBLICAN DEMOCRAT BAD:

Or maybe everything changed. Reddit is the same. So many diehard leftists that it is unbearable and very few people have orginal takes. Are people so blind not to see that they're being pushed into this civil-war mentality and hatred of each other over parties that are both corrupt?
edit on 24-4-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Biden has spent his entire term undoing all of the "nothing" Trump did and how does his America compare to Trumps?

Oh, and newsflash - They're ALL egomaniacs.
Every single one. Even the senile old man.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You consider it torture the US Government does not, Other Countries also do this regardless of what the WMA says about it.
That particular story they even claim it can not be independently verified if it actually happened.
But researching the process which is still being done today. It is not some guards and a Military lawyer force feeding a prisoner.
The Lawyer Observes and a Medical person force feeds the prisoner.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Big difference is that Trump is not the nominee. Joe is basically
the chosen nominee, there will be NO debates until a R challenger.

The comparison is not valid.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You have no idea what Joey is doing in the White House,
no one asks any questions about torture, surveillance, etc.

It's funny when people still peg Bush for things Obama clearly
continued. Get real!

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The U.S. gov. also deems it lawful to drone strike women and children. Of course it can't and will never be independtly verified. They definietly scrubbed any records they could of the torture that occured at GITMO.

We all have a choice in this life. The excuse of "I was following orders" is how terrible things happen and continue to happen.

Why advocate for someone who does unethical things just because the gov. has cleared it. Human rights violations aren't up to the u.s. gov. to decide. We all have human rights and America will never stand for "freedom" as long as it continues to violate those rights.

Why not vote for Tulsi? She actually served in the military and didn't torture anyone (that we know of). Do people even know why they are voting for DeSantis or is he just what the republican media has convinced braindead repubicans of?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join