It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be better for DeSantis not to run this time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Came across this link to Twitter from another website. DeSantis is asked today what he thinks about trailing Trump in polls, and he gives a pretty clear reaction that he doesn't like that question and he doesn't like trailing Trump. He also states he still hasn't decided whether he will run or not.

I think that's BS, he decided months ago, but now Trump is outshining mini-Trump, because nobody can out-Trump Trump at his own game.

So what does this mean for DeSantis? Is it better to run this time, in 2024, and potentially come out damaged, or to sit this out and run in 4 years when Trump is either too old or already done with his second term?

In 4 years he'd be running as a first time candidate, no losses yet, in the primaries or anywhere else. If he lost in the primaries to Trump, he'd come back with lots of baggage in 2028. Not counting how dirty that primary will be between the two of them.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Do you even like DeSantis?
Obviously you can't stand Trump?

Serious questions by the way.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
DeSantis should run as Trump's VP.

He'd be easily elected to the Presidency in 2028.

Unless America wants Trump to stay another 4 years.

edit on 4/24/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think Desantis should sit out 2024 and just watch the clown show while finishing his term in Florida.
He can finish his term then he can ramp up and campaign for two years going in to 2028.
I also hope that he doesn't attach him self to anything involving Trump, Though Desantis being head of the DOJ could make things spicey.

I think this is just the left and some of the right pushing for Trump to create another loss in 2024.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

From what I see around the boards is the only choices are Trump, or perhaps DeSantis, against Biden, or perhaps Robert Kennedy.

The Republicans think that the majority of Americans will vote for Trump over Biden and the Democrats seem to believe that Biden will beat Trump.

I am nonpartisan. I know people bound to their parties, think that we don't make a difference, but I think we have shown now, in two elections, that we do.

Nonpartisan numbers are rising, and they are not thrilled with Trump or Biden, so don't be surprised if we contribute to another unexpected outcome.

Personally I think the Republicans have a better chance with DeSantis, and the Democrats stand a better chance with Kennedy.

Biden and Trump are too old, and folk are tired of hearing about them.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Call me crazy but my gut tells me Newsom will be the democrat to beat for the POTUS

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm

I think this is just the left and some of the right pushing for Trump to create another loss in 2024.

You have a point. At the present time, Trump seems to have as much polarizing baggage as Hillary did in 2016.
R v W and climate change for the win! It's all about feelz this time around.

The DNC will be contributing heavily to the Trump campaign knowing he'll be the Hillary of 2024.

I fully expect my grandmother to vote Democratic, and she's been dead for 36 years now.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

He certainly is rubbing his hands together gleefully.

Newsom has turned California into a woke hell place.
And he would do the same for The US.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yep I also think the left is more scared of Desantis than Trump.
The lefts attempt to polarize Desantis doesn't seem to hold and I think he could get more of the Center based voters.
Plus he is young and has plenty of time.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The GOP needs to repair the rift in the party before the corporate campaign money will flow to whom ever they choose. And perhaps make some concessions to the ladies on the abortion issue; they will determine the winners and losers.
Time is growing short....

Eventually it's going to boil down to has the most money to advertise their golden boy...It's capitalism, candidates bought and sold like so much toilet paper.
edit on 24-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yes! He has age on his side. Give Trump 4 more years to finish what he started and then step in where Trump leaves off.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Call me crazy but my gut tells me Newsom will be the democrat to beat for the POTUS

I won't call you crazy! Newsome seems to be working overtime on his image by suddenly addressing the drug problem he's been ignoring his whole term.

Hope for his voting base that won't take the time to look up his past stances in politics.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Interesting you bring that up.
The other day I was chatting with my sister and she said the same thing you just did.
She likes Newsom so I kinda expected her to say that.
And sadly you may be correct.
When he openly said he will not run against Biden tells me that him and Biden made some sort of agreement.
Biden won't run and will give his support to Newsom.
Calling it now

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Desantis is good domestically. But he cannot compete with Trump internationally. World leaders are afraid of Trump because he is unpredictable. Thats why he should be president!

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
Desantis is good domestically. But he cannot compete with Trump internationally. World leaders are afraid of Trump because he is unpredictable. Thats why he should be president!

I agree on the unpredictable aspect.
But do you really want someone with that much power that doesn't fully understand geopolitics?
That is a gamble I wouldn't make.
But you do you mate
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It worked pretty good for four years.
Now we've got a guy with 50 years of geopolitick'n under his belt - hows that working out?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

The DNC will be contributing heavily to the Trump campaign knowing he'll be the Hillary of 2024.

That would be illegal, as it is illegal for Harlan Crow and Donald Trump to run the No Labels PAC as an alternative to democrats. Investigations into this are likely to begin.

But the democrats can support Trump in other ways, non monetary ways. The democrats couldn't hope for a better candidate to go against... again, that's true. Not much has changed.

The people that voted for Biden still will, and the people that voted for Trump still will. A few points up or down, but not enough to bridge the gap the last election had.

DeSantis-Biden would be an unknown. That would keep people on their toes.

edit on 24-4-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: combatmaster

I agree on the unpredictable aspect.
But do you really want someone with that much power that doesn't fully understand geopolitics?
That is a gamble I wouldn't make.
But you do you mate

Yes i do... if memory serves correctly, it was under this 'someone that doesnt fully understand geopolitics' that the world was moving towards peace in every region.

Fact is it aint that complicated..... keep the barbarians at bay (theres geopolitics for u in a nutshell)... Trump knew how to do that., desantis doesnt! Hes too clean.. too sane!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
For those readers who honestly think some "insider source" can speak for Desantis on his campaign designs, here's your sign.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yea! Lets elect another anti-woke divisive Republican whose plan for America is.... who knows?! He's not a democrat!

And who cares that he has allegations of assisting in the torture of GITMO prisoners. No biggie!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join