It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk blasts BBC reporter who claims Twitter has rise in hate speech:You can't name a single example

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Sigh.

600 cases against Twitter in Germany?

You asked for a simple example, I gave you one by Kanye.

Move those goalposts!

You want a definition now?

Here is Twitter's:

help.twitter.com...
edit on 16-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Sigh.

Move those goalposts!

Cases of what?? 'Hate speech'? Something else? Give some examples of these cases so we can see whether if there is any law that has been broken or anything had been committed.

Because as far as I know 'hate speech' could be anything. Stating there are two biological sexes could be classified as 'hate speech'.

So I am asking you again. Give some examples just as Musk did.

For all we know is that these are allegations and all 600 cases can be dismissed. So you don't have much there to support your argument. Furthermore just because there are 600 reports and cases doesn't prove the claim made by the BBC reporter: There is a significant rise in hate speech on twitter.
edit on 16-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's not as if Elon allowed the offensive Kanye stuff to go unpunished....he was suspended according to the article.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I gave you exactly what you asked for.

Waving away 600 cases of hate speech against Twitter in Germany does you little credit. Let's see if they get "dismissed", which will be decided by the German Courts, not by you.

I gave you one example, which is what you asked for, namely Kanye.

Now, you move your goalposts again.

I gave what you asked for originally.

Also, I gave you Twitters actual definitions and policy on the subject.

Not going to spoon-feed you anymore.

It's clearly a waste of my time.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes, I know. I didn't suggest otherwise?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

It's not as if Elon allowed the offensive Kanye stuff to go unpunished....he was suspended according to the article.

The left is paranoic. What do you expect.
The BBC journalist was obliterated in the interview and the BBC was humiliated for once more.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I gave you exactly what you asked for.

Waving away 600 cases of hate speech against Twitter in Germany does you little credit. Let's see if they get "dismissed", which will be decided by the German Courts, not by you.

I gave you one example, which is what you asked for, namely Kanye.

Now, you move your goalposts again.

I gave what you asked for originally.

Also, I gave you Twitters actual definitions and policy on the subject.

Not going to spoon-feed you anymore.

It's clearly a waste of my time.

You gave me an example of an account that was banned I suppose.

I am not the one who has moved the goalposts. The BBC journalist has moved the goalposts by claiming there is a significant rise in hate speech on twitter.

Having 600 cases in Germany by no means proves the claims made by this reporter. Nor the number is significant as you seem to think. Many of these cases could be dismissed for all we know.

If that was a strong point the BBC and its activists would have used it long time ago. But there is nothing there they can use.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

More than 600 cases of hate speech on Twitter currently pending in German Courts, for example?

www.cnbctv18.com...

"As per a report by Techcrunch, more than 600 cases regarding hate speech on Twitter are pending before German courts. Adding fuel to the fire, earlier this week, Germany had announced an investigation into "suspected systemic failures under the country’s hate speech takedowns law". As per Techcrunch, the law, known colloquially as NetzDG, allows for fines of up to 50 million euros per case."

Also, here:

www.nytimes.com...

Are you really citing the New York Times on this matter?! They are the ones who want to see a reversal of policies on twitter where anyone can be banned for stating there are two biological sexes...

You have nothing! And you suppose to be a lawyer.

Take a look on how Musk obliterated the woke BBC reporter.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Here you go. Rise in hate speech on Twitter, substantiated by Amnesty International, just one result produced by a simple Google search:

www.amnesty.org.uk...

"Social media giant Twitter is failing to protect LGBTQ+ organisations and those advocating for the LGBTQ+ community from online violence and abuse, according to a new survey from Amnesty International USA, the LGBTQ+ media advocacy group GLAAD and the US LGBTQ+ advocacy organisation The Human Rights Campaign.

The survey found that harassment of LGBTQ+ activists has intensified since Elon Musk acquired Twitter last October.

In the survey, 60% of respondents reported they’d experienced an increase in abusive and hateful speech on Twitter since Musk took over as CEO. The other 40% said they’d experienced the same level of abusive and hateful speech as before. None of the respondents reported a decrease in abusive and hateful speech."

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Here you go. Rise in hate speech on Twitter, substantiated by Amnesty International, just one result produced by a simple Google search:

www.amnesty.org.uk...

"Social media giant Twitter is failing to protect LGBTQ+ organisations and those advocating for the LGBTQ+ community from online violence and abuse, according to a new survey from Amnesty International USA, the LGBTQ+ media advocacy group GLAAD and the US LGBTQ+ advocacy organisation The Human Rights Campaign.

The survey found that harassment of LGBTQ+ activists has intensified since Elon Musk acquired Twitter last October.

In the survey, 60% of respondents reported they’d experienced an increase in abusive and hateful speech on Twitter since Musk took over as CEO. The other 40% said they’d experienced the same level of abusive and hateful speech as before. None of the respondents reported a decrease in abusive and hateful speech."

Enjoy.

That's just a survey. Do you have anything else? Or you desperately looking around for 'proof'. I am sure I was to ask a number of trans-activists and leftists if there is a rise in trabsphobia in England then the numbers would be very high indeed.

You said you are a lawyer. I am actually starting to doubt it a lot.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

As you simply dismiss all evidence and resort to personal attacks and as you are simply engaging in "denialism of reality"
I will simply end this conversation as it is clearly pointless discussing this with you.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It's such a shame that Clayton did not give Elon the chance to defend himself by mentioning all that. I am sure that the bbc did not want that to be addressed so Clayton had nowhere to go so avoided the question.

Asmodeus3 wrote this in his first post on this thread:

Let me help the reporter on the subject of hate speech and discrimination.

1) Men can never become women and vice versa as biological sex is an immutable characteristic of humans.

2) Transwomen should not take part in female sports as they are biologically males.

3) Drag queens have no place in Schools teaching kids there are 72 genders

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Clearly, Clayton had not prepared properly, but mind you, it was an unexpected interview, apparently.

Certainly, he made a bit of a twit of himself.

Yes, he did write all that. I'm not that invested in transgender issues, as I have previously made clear.

Hate is hate, and most folk don't need a legal dictionary to know it when they see it.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

As you simply dismiss all evidence and resort to personal attacks and as you are simply engaging in "denialism of reality"
I will simply end this conversation as it is clearly pointless discussing this with you.

There is no evidence there. Most of what you linked are unsubstantiated claims emanating from the left that having nothing else to throw at Elon Musk. Vague arguments having no basis. They can't even define what hate speech is let alone accuse Musk there is a significant rise in hate speech on the platform.

You said you are a lawyer. I am actually starting to doubt it a lot.

Denying facts?! What facts?? There are unsubstantiated allegations by the usual suspects.
I am sure if there were facts they would have used them already against Musk.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Clearly, Clayton had not prepared properly, but mind you, it was an unexpected interview, apparently.

Certainly, he made a bit of a twit of himself.

Yes, he did write all that. I'm not that invested in transgender issues, as I have previously made clear.

Hate is hate, and most folk don't need a legal dictionary to know it when they see it.

Yes hate is hate..

Let me help the reporter on the subject of hate speech and discrimination.

1) Men can never become women and vice versa as biological sex is an immutable characteristic of humans.

2) Transwomen should not take part in female sports as they are biologically males.

3) Drag queens have no place in Schools teaching kids there are

4) The US Presidential Election may have been stolen

5) Maybe there is a need to curb immigration

6) The lockdowns have caused more harm than good.

7) The entire Covid campaign and the response to the pandemic was absurd and ludicrous.

Don't you see the hate? the discrimination? or even the bigotry and racism in all of the above?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

"As you simply dismiss all evidence and resort to personal attacks and as you are simply engaging in "denialism of reality"
I will simply end this conversation as it is clearly pointless discussing this with you."

End of.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"As you simply dismiss all evidence and resort to personal attacks and as you are simply engaging in "denialism of reality"
I will simply end this conversation as it is clearly pointless discussing this with you."

End of.

You have no evidence to support the claim made by the BBC reporter. Unless you consider the unsubstantiated accusations and the likes of New York Times article as evidence. If evidence was of this type then everyone would have been convicted by now about something.

I see you get immediately stars for your posts.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Sigh.

Move those goalposts!

You want a definition now?

Here is Twitter's:

help.twitter.com...

We are still waiting to see this rise of hate speech on twitter according to the woke BBC journalist or let's say activist.

I seriously doubt you are a lawyer given what you consider 'evidence'.

The NYT has an article about the topic. And so what?? And the BBC reporter made similar claims but had nothing to back them up. Likewise for the NYT.

Give us some examples from twitter so to see this rise in 'hate speech' and see whether it is indeed hate speech. Because I am quite what most of these cases of hate speech are.

Giving me a survey is another great convincing way to support the claim made by the woke BBC activist. I noticed you have now got 5 stars in 2-3 of your posts. It seems the left is confusing all words as it seems including the meaning of 'evidence:

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3
Actually most are still sane. It's just a very vocal but tiny minority that would like to get their message through via all possible routes including legislation. They were for a shock in the last few weeks. Would Athletics banned transwomen from participating in female competitions, followed by UK Athletics, followed by English Swimming.

With a bit of more common sense many more men and women taking part, the very bizarre ideology will be defeated.

I believe you're right that it's a very vocal small minority.

I have noticed that there was some banning in female competitions. I really hope this insanity disappears as more and more people become brave enough to speak out against it.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilverMoon

originally posted by: Asmodeus3
Actually most are still sane. It's just a very vocal but tiny minority that would like to get their message through via all possible routes including legislation. They were for a shock in the last few weeks. Would Athletics banned transwomen from participating in female competitions, followed by UK Athletics, followed by English Swimming.

With a bit of more common sense many more men and women taking part, the very bizarre ideology will be defeated.

I believe you're right that it's a very vocal small minority.

I have noticed that there was some banning in female competitions. I really hope this insanity disappears as more and more people become brave enough to speak out against it.

Twitter used to consider hate speech pretty much everything. Had you states transwomen are men or there are two biological sexes or transwomen should not be taking part in female competitions then you were risking a ban of your account on the basis of hate speech, trabsphobia, and the rest.

Actually I have created another thread where I discussed how many twitter employees were either fired or left twitter as it was no longer a woke platform. In particular one of the moderators/fact checkers was a trans activist and a transwoman who has banned several accounts that stated facts. Later on these accounts were reinstated after Musk took over.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join