It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk blasts BBC reporter who claims Twitter has rise in hate speech:You can't name a single example

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Billionaire and Twitter owner Elon Musk blasted a BBC reporter during an interview Tuesday, forcing him to admit he had no specific examples of hate speech he claimed he had seen proliferating on the platform since Musk bought it last year.

During the "hastily arranged, unexpected" interview between Musk and BBC reporter James Clayton, as the British outlet described it, the two had a tense exchange about the rise of hate speech on the platform.

After Clayton brought up the subject – echoing criticisms from various mainstream media outlets that Musk’s Twitter has allowed hate speech to flourish – the world’s richest man demanded the reporter give him one example of hate speech he had personally seen on Twitter. Shockingly, Clayton had no examples prepared, and Musk grilled him for it.

Elon Musk blasts BBC reporter who claims Twitter has rise in hate speech: 'You can't name a single example'

The exchange between Elon Musk and the BBC reporter James Clayton is one where the reporter will remember for the rest of his life. Elon blasts the very dishonest and very disingenuous and just obliterates his arguments where he supported that Twitter has now become a platform of hate speech where there has been a rise of hate speech incidents.

The reporter can't even come up with a single example of what he calls hate speech and he tries desperately to avoid the question posed by Elon Musk trying to find a way out. In the end as he can't get away with his rather unsubstantiated claim and after he has been obliterated by the constant questions posed by Musk he says we have no more time and we need to move to the next topic...

From the article

Musk began picking Clayton apart by asking him to "describe a hateful thing" he's seen on Twitter, to which the journalist replied, "You know, just content that will solicit a reaction, something that may include something is slightly racist, or slightly sexist – those kinds of things."

Musk then asked, "So you think if something is slightly sexist it should be banned? Is that what you’re saying?" Clayton replied, "No, I’m not saying anything."

He mentioned that, at the very least, his Twitter "feed" has "got slightly more" hate speech on it than prior to Musk owning the platform.

Pressing him on it, Musk asked, "Can you name one example?" A flustered Clayton admitted, "Honestly, I don’t – I don’t …" At this point, Musk became amused and asked, "You can’t name a single example

The obliteration of the BBC reporter is recorded here: youtu.be...

The video is a little over 2 minutes long and worths the effort of spending the time and listen to Musk and the derailed reporter.

BBC is a well known woke mainstream media that has fully embraced the woke ideology and calls everything they don't like as hate speech.

The reporter couldn't even name a single example of what hate speech is but he should have been taught much better by his managers and the other woke reporters. BBC are masters in propaganda, misinformation and disinformation.

Let me help the reporter on the subject of hate speech and discrimination.

1) Men can never become women and vice versa as biological sex is an immutable characteristic of humans.

2) Transwomen should not take part in female sports as they are biologically males.

3) Drag queens have no place in Schools teaching kids there are 72 genders

4) The US Presidential Election may have been stolen

5) Maybe there is a need to curb immigration

6) The lockdowns have caused more harm than good.

7) The entire Covid campaign and the response to the pandemic was absurd and ludicrous.

Don't you see the hate? the discrimination? or even the bigotry and racism in all of the above?

edit on 12-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
When Mainstream News Media outlets like the BBC make a claim or fake a report.

That there is a "Twitter has rise in hate speech" than in those articles they dont give the readers/audience any specif examples.

The chances are likely there isn't.

To the Media Outlets like its also hate speech, if anyone tries to discus relating issues or making certain comments about Soros, Globalists in their view to them that would be "Hate Speech"

Criticizing the current issues like LGBTQ or challenging Trans operations on youth.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The interview was very funny. Every time the reporter got into trouble, he'd try to change the subject by saying, "Let's move on." That's because he was losing so badly. I hope he is suitably embarrassed. It was pathetic.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So, someone tweets something that may or may not trigger someone. It could be something like "I hate 87 pronouns." Then someone retweets it with a savage reply of how hatful the original message is. Then, 10,000 more hive mentality people retweet it with their one savage hate speak of how hatful it was...

People then say things like hate speech is so bad in twitter...lol

Can't make this crap up when the hate is coming from the left that is accusing everyone else as hate.

edit on 12-4-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The interview was very funny. Every time the reporter got into trouble, he'd try to change the subject by saying, "Let's move on." That's because he was losing so badly. I hope he is suitably embarrassed. It was pathetic.

It was so refreshing to see Elon Musk himself taking apart and dismantling the nonsense put forward by the woke reporter. The interview is just hilarious and the BBC exposed for once more.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

I just found a longer version that's 1 hour and 32 minutes long on yt.....I think that will also be worth my time listening to.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So, someone tweets something that may or may not trigger someone. It could be something like "I hate bananas." Then someone retweets it with a savage reply of how hatful the original message is. Then, 10,000 more hive mentality people retweet it with their one savage hate speak of how hatful it was...

Can't make this crap up when the hate is coming from the left that is accusing everyone else as hate.

Absolutely!

By hate speech it could be something much more fashionable!

Such as that a man can never become a woman.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
When Mainstream News Media outlets like the BBC make a claim or fake a report.

That there is a "Twitter has rise in hate speech" than in those articles they dont give the readers/audience any specif examples.

The chances are likely there isn't.

To the Media Outlets like its also hate speech, if anyone tries to discus relating issues or making certain comments about Soros, Globalists in their view to them that would be "Hate Speech"

Criticizing the current issues like LGBTQ or challenging Trans operations on youth.

Criticising 'gender affirming operations' is definitely hate speech according to the woke crowd and that transgender activists.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There's more hate speech on yahoo's news forums than I've seen on twitter... No one goes after that one sided site.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timber13
There's more hate speech on yahoo's news forums than I've seen on twitter... No one goes after that one sided site.

Give us some examples of some of the hate speech you have seen.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If somebody gets "triggered" by something I say, that's their problem not mine. Sticks and stones.........

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That was great to watch. Elon was smart to only give him a couple hours notice of doing that interview so that he couldnt get all of his talking points and gotcha points ready.
edit on 12-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So, someone tweets something that may or may not trigger someone. It could be something like "I hate 87 pronouns." Then someone retweets it with a savage reply of how hatful the original message is. Then, 10,000 more hive mentality people retweet it with their one savage hate speak of how hatful it was...

I don't understand, I thought you would support the BBCs position here? Don't you mean to disagree with Elon?

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What a dummy. The hate speech was all from the left when it was ran by the former owners. They only deleted normal stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

What a dummy. The hate speech was all from the left when it was ran by the former owners. They only deleted normal stuff.

Yes this is what we all know. It's actually the radical left that is trying to push their agendas through legislation. We need to undo the harm caused by them over the last decade or so.

Stating that transwomen should not be taking part in female sports was considered hate speech and is still considered among the radical leftists and the trans activists.

Fortunately reality has proven them wrong and a number of sports have banned transwomen from female competitions

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Xtrozero

If somebody gets "triggered" by something I say, that's their problem not mine. Sticks and stones.........

Imagine that was the metric by which posts will be removed from various platforms and accounts will be banned. It happens to some degree but anything anyone says could trigger a reaction and someone will be offended...

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
That was great to watch. Elon was smart to only give him a couple hours notice of doing that interview so that he couldnt get all of his talking points and gotcha points ready.

I don't think the report had any valid points in regards to this matter. He was just regurgitating accusations made by others sometime ago somewhere. The repetition of the question by Elon obliterated the very confused reporter. The same happens with the strange accounts of this site. If you repeat the truth they are getting very frustrated and they eventually leave the conversations.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

I don't understand, I thought you would support the BBCs position here? Don't you mean to disagree with Elon?

Why would I do that? I like pretty much everything Elon says.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

Exactly. What used to be common sense, or biology so basic even a three-year-old could figure it out. Now the world has gone insane and reality is considered hate speech. I'm glad Elon Musk obliterated the reporter's argument.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilverMoon

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

Exactly. What used to be common sense, or biology so basic even a three-year-old could figure it out. Now the world has gone insane and reality is considered hate speech. I'm glad Elon Musk obliterated the reporter's argument.

Actually most are still sane. It's just a very vocal but tiny minority that would like to get their message through via all possible routes including legislation. They were for a shock in the last few weeks. Would Athletics banned transwomen from participating in female competitions, followed by UK Athletics, followed by English Swimming.

With a bit of more common sense many more men and women taking part, the very bizarre ideology will be defeated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join