It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk blasts BBC reporter who claims Twitter has rise in hate speech:You can't name a single example

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There was a time when the BBC had high quality investigatory journalists. The journalist, James Clayton, seems to have confined his cutting edge research to a quick Google search and a chat with his echo chamber.

It's embarrassing to see a journalist so poorly prepared, whilst still receiving a salary from the BBC. Come on BBC, pull your socks up and at least try to make an effort.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
youtu.be... .

The video together with commentary by a very good channel.

Seriously, the BBC reporter has been obliterated. Anything that the left doesn't like is now called hate speech.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
There was a time when the BBC had high quality investigatory journalists. The journalist, James Clayton, seems to have confined his cutting edge research to a quick Google search and a chat with his echo chamber.

It's embarrassing to see a journalist so poorly prepared, whilst still receiving a salary from the BBC. Come on BBC, pull your socks up and at least try to make an effort.

But that's not a unique example. The BBC are just masters in propaganda, misinformation, and disinformation.

They reflect the British left quite well though and some of the accounts here on TSR (that come from the UK) who employ the same tactics and get obliterated in conversations over various threads.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Here is what Clayton has to say about that interview. I don't have a dog in this fight, so just out of interest:

BBC News - Elon Musk: What it's like to interview the billionaire Twitter boss
www.bbc.co.uk...

"My editor suggested I have a bash at asking for an interview. Why not have a go, we thought.

On Tuesday lunchtime I typed an email, requesting a chat about his first six months as Twitter boss. To my surprise, he responded.

"Sure, how about tonight?" he said.

I wasn't totally sure if he was being serious. I prepped for the interview, hoping it would happen - but wondering if it actually would.

The curveball came just before the interview - when Elon Musk's team insisted the interview should be live on Twitter Spaces.

We responded saying if Twitter Spaces was going to be live, then we'll put it on the BBC channel too. "Cool," he said.

According to his team, more than 3 million people logged in to listen on Twitter Spaces."
edit on 13-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I was on this live Space literally within the first few min it went live, the whole thing was pretty funny

That reporter was basically begging to leave, faster than ive ever seen any reporter.

He went on this rant about all the "hate speech" he sees on his feed, then when confronted, (after changing the subject) repeatedly said "Well i havent looked at my feed in over 6 months"

Well then how the fk can you say what you said in teh first place.

weeeell, Elon stated he wanted to take questions from listeners, that was the straw, the reporter was OUTA THERE! Literally packing up his stuff around Elon as Elon started addressing listeners.

These people only want to talk when they feel they can control the narrative, this is just more proof, they dont want to be challenged, they arent interested in being honest, they arent interested in truth...........

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: paraphi

Here is what Clayton has to say about that interview. I don't have a dog in this fight, so just out of interest:

BBC News - Elon Musk: What it's like to interview the billionaire Twitter boss
www.bbc.co.uk...

"My editor suggested I have a bash at asking for an interview. Why not have a go, we thought.

On Tuesday lunchtime I typed an email, requesting a chat about his first six months as Twitter boss. To my surprise, he responded.

"Sure, how about tonight?" he said.

I wasn't totally sure if he was being serious. I prepped for the interview, hoping it would happen - but wondering if it actually would.

The curveball came just before the interview - when Elon Musk's team insisted the interview should be live on Twitter Spaces.

We responded saying if Twitter Spaces was going to be live, then we'll put it on the BBC channel too. "Cool," he said.

According to his team, more than 3 million people logged in to listen on Twitter Spaces."

Clayton has been obliterated.
A woke journalist employed by the BBC thought he could challenge Elon in relation to the 'rise of the hate speech' in the platform. By hate speech he meant a man cannot become a woman and other hilarious versions of reality that can't be challenged...

I am sure that Clayton is also a vaccine apologist and a denialists of reality. I will definitely bet on this one given his wokeness. Is the BBC the best you have in the UK?!?!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

"Iam sure that Clayton is also a vaccine apologist and a denialists of reality. I will definitely bet on this one given his wokeness. Is the BBC the best you have in the UK?!?!"

Of course you are.

Like I said, which you choose to ignore, I have no dog In this fight.

You can be sure of whatever you want.

So long as it fits your agenda.

I just posted that for a bit of balance.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

originally posted by: Timber13
There's more hate speech on yahoo's news forums than I've seen on twitter... No one goes after that one sided site.

Give us some examples of some of the hate speech you have seen.

Right after you give me examples of what you've seen on twitter...

Even better. Go to Yahoo and hit the forums below ANY post. Literally ANY post.

Be sure to come back and tell me that I'm full of it so I can go back and spend time making examples for you because you can't find the effort to go and look yourself.

it's pretty simple. A 3 year old can do it. I just had my 4 year old navigate to it. If you can't do it... oh man!
edit on CDT3804bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 13 Apr 2023 15:38:05 -050013 by Timber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

There's more hate speech on yahoo's news forums than I've seen on twitter... No one goes after that one sided site.

Be sure to come back and tell me that I'm full of it so I can go back and spend time making examples for you because you can't find the effort to go and look yourself.

it's pretty simple. A 3 year old can do it. I just had my 4 year old navigate to it. If you can't do it... oh man!

I have seen nothing on twitter. The hate speech they claim exists and it's on the rise is nothing more than left wing paranoia and propaganda.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

"Iam sure that Clayton is also a vaccine apologist and a denialists of reality. I will definitely bet on this one given his wokeness. Is the BBC the best you have in the UK?!?!"

Of course you are.

Like I said, which you choose to ignore, I have no dog In this fight.

You can be sure of whatever you want.

So long as it fits your agenda.

I just posted that for a bit of balance.

What balance?? The guy was following orders and got obliterated. He is so woke that he is definitely a vaccine a vaccine apologistm

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

Go to Yahoo and hit the forums below ANY post. Literally ANY post.

If that is true then that would be a Yahoo problem, not a Twitter problem........Do we really have to point that out?

Then by all means , proceed, show us the hate speech

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Timber13

Go to Yahoo and hit the forums below ANY post. Literally ANY post.

If that is true then that would be a Yahoo problem, not a Twitter problem........Do we really have to point that out?

Then by all means , proceed, show us the hate speech

Still no response on what this hate speech might look like...

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Still no response.

You made some claims you have seen 'hate speech' on Twitter. Well... What is this hate speech after all? It's pretty simple as you said to find examples. The journalist who interviewed Musk couldn't find any.

Can you give a simple example?
edit on 16-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

More than 600 cases of hate speech on Twitter currently pending in German Courts, for example?

www.cnbctv18.com...

"As per a report by Techcrunch, more than 600 cases regarding hate speech on Twitter are pending before German courts. Adding fuel to the fire, earlier this week, Germany had announced an investigation into "suspected systemic failures under the country’s hate speech takedowns law". As per Techcrunch, the law, known colloquially as NetzDG, allows for fines of up to 50 million euros per case."
edit on 16-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

Also, here:

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 16-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Can you post some examples of hate speech included in the 600?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No, I couldn't find any. But I only did a quick Google and posted what I found.

I don't do Twitter, mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Can't find any of the German ones but here is an example of hate speech on Twitter which Musk obviously knew about:

www.bbc.com...

By Kanye or Ye or whatever.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You could just do a simple Google search?

Like I just did?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Like I just did?

These are allegations that hate speech occured or any other wrongdoings. I will repeat that Musk said. Can you give some examples of hate speech? Or is it just vague accusations here and there?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Like I just did?

Nothing is there to support the nonsense by the BBC reporter who couldn't even give a simple example of hate speech on twitter. Google search? You did it and what happend? Nothing much. The allegation there is a significant rise in hate speech on twitter is just unsubstantiated.

First of all they need to qualify what hate speech is. The left and the lefties cannot do it as they don't know themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join