It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Win 1.5 Billion Dollars...What Would YOU Do With It

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Not to parlay the obvious - "I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man."

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
See if the current owners would be up to selling ATS. If so, make the purchase and perform necessary in-house infrastructure repairs.

2nd .... Purchase my Own Island.

Wishful Thinking, because first one must be willing to gamble with one's money believing that they have a billion to one chance of winning.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Cash Upfront

Won't tell a soul beyond immediate family

Money will be put into a trust that distributes maybe $2 mill/yr to live off....

Trust will be setup for immediate family to ensure they are well taken care of.

Splurges:
Purchasing dream second home on Martha's Vineyard. Maybe spend about 5 to 7.5 million.
Singer restomod 911
Icon restomod Bronco
A few dream watches: Platinum Rolex Day-Date. Patek Nautilus.
Kids college fund setup
Probably make a $100 million donation to my undergrad

Will spend the first year or two traveling the world.

Will probably start a small business to keep myself from being bored. Maybe open a hobby shop for RC Cars.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm going to buy two tickets for this drawing, one billion was only worth one ticket.

What would I do if I won it.....probably have a heart attack and die as soon as I saw the numbers were all there.

Well, I wouldn't have to feel like I was ripped off by paying so much taxes if I won if I died. I also would not have to listen to all the calls of people trying to get some of that money if I died either. All the headaches would go to the kids who would probably give most of the money to conmen.

If I survived, I would buy a bunch of local small farms and find good people to run them and donate all the food to those in need in the U.P. here. I would pay a bunch of good honest people decent wages to take care of the farms and grow things more naturally. They could train the young to farm properly....if we can even find young people who would actually work hard for a living anymore.

I would also try to start a few more meat processing facilities and work with the few that already exist to be able to get better coverage of processing meat to supply this area. If you want good people to move here, supply decent quality food for the people at reasonable prices and get them to respect the people who actually do farming. Remember, I would not need to profit from a business, I would like to get it so it is mostly self sufficient though, and when I die I would leave the businesses to someone that works there that could keep it going without having to overcharge because of a high mortgage and equipment costs.

I don't have to worry about any of that since my luck sucks. I consider it a big win if I get my money back from buying a lottery ticket. So lets say it is just a pipe dream which has almost zero chance of happening.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I would create a free coffeehouse library with banned books and stray cat shelter.

I would pay self defense instructors to give free lessons to all high school girls in my area.

I would open a restaurant where I got to choose the customers.

I would buy so much land and lease it out to organic farmers.

I would open a school for kids that don’t conform to regular schools. They could wear their hair any way, dress any way and use whatever bathroom. The focus would be on learning, creating art, music, and everything that should be taught but isn’t. Cooking, cleaning, taxes, home repair, car repair, gardening etc.

Pretty sure I just spent all my winnings.

Some might ask, wouldn’t you want to buy anything. Other than a pool no, I have everything I want.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

So just curious Johnny, what infrastructure you talking about? You talking about the broken stars counts?

(For any newbies that don't know, for many long time ATSers such as myself, something went wrong with the database years ago, and so the stars count got messed up. This in turn likely causes the wats and karma scores to be messed up as well, due to the formulas used to calculate them. At least i think that's right, not sure. The post counts and flag counts stayed accurate though. And it would be nice to get it fixed but if I remember right, SO said it was going to be way too much of a hassle. And speaking of SO, what ever happened to him? Haven't seen him post in forever!)

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'd spend it all on subversion.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The site was sold, I though SO tweaked the star system to make up for ancient posters who posted tons before star count existed, remember when we use to have stars under our names?

It was based off amount of posts you made.

ATS on some old ass php/bbcode #.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Dance like this -

for the rest of my life - in some vain attempt to shake off whatever the heck id done wrong to deserve it

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'd buy you a green dress.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Take the cash option (no guarantee that I'd live to see full payout of the annuity).

Set up trusts for family (who are the only ones I'd inform of my winning), with request that they keep their new wealth quiet.

Make anonymous endowments, via trusts not in my name, to a few charities.

Then live a comfortable life "under the radar".

My state allows lottery winners to remain anonymous, and does not tax lottery winnings.

With a few hundred million dollars at my disposal, I would not worry about investing; it's not like I would need to make more money.
edit on 4-11-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Be a philanthropist (after investing some ofc 😊)
edit on 4-11-2022 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

And animals, definitely take care of as many animals as possible.
edit on 4-11-2022 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2022 by Albert999 because: My phone hates me

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I would buy up the last bit of diesel in the states and sit on it for a week before selling it back.

Then, with my 10 billion dollar fortune start a bank, pump out easy loans to Americans in financial difficulty to the tune of trillions and become too big to fail.

That would stop the money laundering in Ukraine as I would become the biggest money pit the US has ever seen.

With my trillion dollar fortune, I would buy Mexico and kick out all the lefties and criminals across the border.

With the collapse of the US imminent at that point. I would offer conservative families across the world free citizenship and their own piece of land for subsistence farming, as long as one family member brings with a desired skill set.

And that's how I became king of the United States of Mexico, claiming land ever upward as the left eat their own in a woke deathspiral.

Someone buy me a lottery ticket, please?

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
With $700m I could afford to turn on the central heating this winter.

In truth I’d go and live somewhere else, I hate what my country has become. I’d make sure friends and family were sorted before that and they’d all have to sign an NDA (money does strange things to people)

Here in the UK though we have a £2m to about £13m maximum on our lottery but the Euromillions we can enter can rise into the £140m range. There’s no tax on your winnings though, you get exactly what you won. I’ve always thought that the best way to deal with a large win would be to wait until a smaller amount was won a few weeks later and then tell people you know that you won that amount. Then hand out that amount in total (or close to it) so everyone now thinks you dont have millions any more.

This should stop people hassling you for more and more money. it should also stop people from trying to grab your kids or grandchildren for ransom, or threatening to hurt them. (It actually happened to a lottery winner here)

We do not have to go public here, and I am amazed that people do. It rarely ends well and for years you read of a friend of a friend with smear story in the tabloids. I guess the going public part tells us all we need to know about how it will generally go for that kind of person.

After moving abroad, in my new location I would volunteer somewhere on a regular basis and give one of the most precious commodities you can, your time. It’s easy to throw money at things but if everyone gave a little bit of their time on a regular basis to help others the world would be a better place. Unfortunately life doesn’t often give us the time to spare, being a millionaire through it would. It should also keep you grounded.

Of course I’d use money to help people, but anonymously.
edit on 4-11-2022 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I would use the winnings to setup my own lottery, which is basically a licence to print fiat money, with all profits going towards establishing a debt-free gifting economy.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

So You Win 1.5 Billion Dollars...What Would YOU Do With It

Might just about cover my leccie bill here in the UK.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I would pay self defense instructors to give free lessons to all high school girls in my area.

No, you would be better off with "psycologists".

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'd buy a warehouse and fill it with preserved food / MREs

I'd support existing soup kitchens
halfway houses
shelters

I'd buy a bunch of old motels and such and turn them into living facilities for impoverished veterans
senior living for the ones that can take care of themselves but can't afford housing or unable to keep up their houses.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I'd buy a warehouse and fill it with preserved food / MREs

I'd support existing soup kitchens
halfway houses
shelters

I'd buy a bunch of old motels and such and turn them into living facilities for impoverished veterans
senior living for the ones that can take care of themselves but can't afford housing or unable to keep up their houses.

A kind heart speaks the soul of a good hearted person you are.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
First buy a nice house in a neighborhood with a school that has great services for special needs children for a couple I know and love who have a special needs child and are in a school district that isn't so great for special needs children. They also desperately need a new car for the Dad as his is falling apart. I'd set them up with a trust so the Mom didn't have to work but could care for her special needs child and not have to worry about him so much.

Second, buy a nice house for my BFF whose husband dumped her and hid all their money before dumping her, leaving her while going through cancer treatments broke and relying on social security. I'd set up a trust for her so she can quit working while living in pain.

Third, buy lots of tiny houses for a friend who runs a prison release program for released prisoners who have no place to go upon release. His place is at capacity with a waiting list. Ex-prisoners are helped to get jobs, then have to pay minimal rent, must take money management classes and can stay until they save enough to get a decent apartment.

Fourth, start a foundation to help organizations.

As for me personally, I'm happy in my normal house in a normal neighborhood and I really don't need anything. Wants are different but real needs, nah, not really. So I'd spend 99% of it helping others in need. (Oh, I'd also set up a trust for my gardener who is nearly 70 and still has to work so he can retire, he's a wonderful man)

I can't even finish my bucket list, going to Xian to see the terra cotta soldiers, because it is too dangerous to go to China now.
My biggie want, so that is out. No other biggie wants. So maybe for me, I'd be free to do what I love, buy things I see that other people need or could use. I do it alot, but can't afford to do it as much as I'd like.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join