It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Win 1.5 Billion Dollars...What Would YOU Do With It

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That's right, the Powerball jackpot is around 1.5 Billion Dollars right now. So let's say you win it in an absurd stroke of impossible luck. What's your next move? Do you take the annuity? Cash option?

After taxes for those taking the cash option, you'd have around 700 million dollars, give or take. So now you're rich.

Considering you'd probably never have to work again if you set it up right, then what? Solar-powered bunker in the hills with suicide drones to protect you? Perhaps a vacation resort in Hawaii? Maybe you'd offer up a too good to refuse offer to buy up ATS? Or perhaps you'd sink a sizeable investment into renewable energy? How about build some affordable housing?

Or would this be all about you at that point and indulge in every conceivable excess you could get your hands on because you've been poor and nearly starving your whole life?

The possibilities seem nearly endless. However, one of the smartest moves up front would probably be to hire a financial advisor so that you would be a lot more educated as to what your options really are. That's a lot of money, and it would likely turn your life upside down, if you were not extremely careful.

If it were me, first off I wouldn't tell a soul at first- because while your name will likely become public, will be a while before people that know you find out. And that is the time to escape. Before anyone could get their grubby hands on me I would up and leave it all on the spot. *Poof*. Gone. Then reemerge at my leisure after everything was set, with cool, unexpected gifts going to certain people who helped me in life. Unexpected gifts to forums such as ATS. Help for family and friends, and all the cool things that such a life would afford.

But then I would seek ways to be very creative with that money, and invest in worthwhile causes. Find cases of families in extreme, impossible situations and try to help. Stuff like that. Might even get into songwriting again, but this time with political motivations. I always kept politics out of my songs, but not no more.

So what would YOU do, now that you're stinking rich?
edit on Thu Nov 3rd 2022 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

But then I would seek ways to be very creative with that money, and invest in worthwhile causes. Find cases of families in extreme, impossible situations and try to help. Stuff like that

I would feel 100% obligated to do the same. It would be an absolute moral imperative.
I'm not very materialistic, however a definite indulgence would be a couple vintage 1960s muscle cars. That would barely make a dent in such a fortune.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Cash option.
Church
Charity
Family
Friends
Random folks on the street

Considering you'd probably never have to work again

I don't HAVE to now .
edit on 11/3/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'd start with something LIKE THIS

Imagination and an underground lair would easily spend the rest.

Bwah ha ha ha ha!

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I’m buying new underwear. Mine are starting to look like a WWII flag from a battlefield. Maybe some socks too, but I don’t want to be throwing my money around. I believe in staying humble.

link   
I would devote my life to charity, open an animal sanctuary and take in all the homeless and unwanted.
After of course giving away to those in desperate need.

link   
I'd go on a globe trotting harem recruitment tour. Pickup hotty concubines from across all seven seas. Buy a private island and start seeding my future army of international infiltrators. .. to takeover the world.

Or I could do it like my ones friends idea, next to all the planned parenthood offices setup a booth to intercept the ladies strolling in, kind of going to gun buybacks to intercept the gun bringers, offer them a better deal to adopt the babies, then train them to... takeover the world.

Muahahaha!

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If timed correctly, a few hundred million more lottery tickets? LOL

ETA: I guess given the math, that is probably not the wisest choice. LOL
edit on 3-11-2022 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
I would devote my life to charity, open an animal sanctuary and take in all the homeless and unwanted.
After of course giving away to those in desperate need.

Agreed, largest animal sanctuary in Australia would begin construction immediately.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Buy my sister a house and pay off her debt.

Pay off my friend's mortgage and her debt.

Donate to animal shelters.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I imagine I will never have that kind of money because I couldn’t keep it.
I would take the cash and change peoples lives. I’ve managed to make it this far without being rich and I’m happy with my life. I can only see that kind of money ruining that. Imagine the people who would just come around just for the $.
Sure it sounds awesome, but if I have riches and others do not, what does that make me in the end? A filthy rich turd? Nah, I’ll pass.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Cash out.

ATS meet n greet

Build AATS

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Probably go into a type of witness protection program.
With that kind of money you would be hit up by your third cousins best friends roommate.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Buld a fortress and stock it with hookers and blow.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Disappear

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
With that kind of cash could recruit an army of lawyers to push for Nuremberg 2 trials. Will need a few bucks for security as the drug pushers defend their turf.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For $700 mil I could buy a Senator and three Reps. That would leave me $200 mil for insider trading. Within a year I'd have at least a billion in foreign bank accounts.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would find out how to secure the money with US Treasury Bonds. ( I think that is what it is called ).

The current situation in the States in many places are in such turmoil it would be useless to even give a helping hand. The reason I say that it is even too dangerous to go into such areas now.

Since I have a residence overseas, I would high tail it over there and remain so.

I have a personal saying, " sharing is caring and caring is sharing " . I found out a little secret in life and that is ... the more you do for someone the less they appreciate it.

I do have a helping heart for those "truly down and out ", but I would vent anyone approaching me for assistance.

Personally, at one time I saw a man bring in a case of pork and beans at a homeless shelter in the State of ... I always felt that would be one of the ways I would personally donate to any and all societies.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Cash option
Pay off bills
Help family and friends become debt free
Give house to first time homeowner
Buy modest house with some acreage, with a lovely garden and reading room
Invest conservatively
Finish important projects at work
Leave work to study philosophy and travel the world
Finnesse the balanced routine I've been crafting
Figure out how to spend the remainder of my life helping people
Write about what I've learned in this life.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm in the UK so I would have to use 80% of it to pay next year's energy bills. After that, give it away. Excess wealth magnifies and amplifies all the worst aspects of human nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join