It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimean bridge linking Crimea to Russia has been hit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: putnam6

Well Russian KGB blew up 3 housing complexes in Moscow (IIRC) killing several hundred people. These acts were blamed on Chechnya in order to justify the 2nd Chechen war.

I have no doubt Russia is capable but would Ukraine already have a commemorative stamp designed if it was Russia? it all smells fishy, and I don't know obviously but I do have questions.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The stamp in question is not even real. Its outside to boost morale as people are taking selfies in front of it. Also it shows the arched sections as blowing up when the explosion did not even occur in the area.

video in question

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The stamp in question is not even real. Its outside to boost morale as people are taking selfies in front of it. Also it shows the arched sections as blowing up when the explosion did not even occur in the area.

video in question

I understand the purpose, but I question the timing, it came out rather quickly, secondly why is Ukraine's morale low all we are hearing is how well they are doing. why the need for a morale boost?

the stamp in question is already on the Ukrainian Mail service site...

postmark.ukrposhta.ua...

edit on 8-10-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm not a structural engineer but would assume the rail bridge would be built to higher tolerances as it has to carry both the track and heavy rail freight , I guess the force of the blast caused the collapse of the road section.

Seems to have been a well planned operation aimed at the fuel tanker train, probably pre-planted explosives remotely detonated.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'm not convinced this was a truck bomb.
Looks more like it came from under the bridge...
Is there another road below?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The explosion happened at night.

That's clear from the video.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable

The explosion happened at night.

That's clear from the video.

Apologies I really shouldn't post without coffee I've looked at the video I should have put it the explosion wasn't in daylight ergo a missile flame would have been easy to see. Not to mention the explosion was huge, I supposed a small missile could have hit a tanker on the railroad and debris collapsed the roadway, but the roadway which was below the tracks didn't have any damage on the roadbed. If that makes sense, just trying to piece stuff together and see if it fits the narrative we are getting from both sides.

SBU seems to cryptically take credit FWIW 2 things though I doubt they could pull it off without assistance from NATO, as well if they did, why advertise the capability?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The timing of the stamp is a bit sus for sure. Although, as the Ukrainians have been talking about destroying this bridge for months, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Ukrainians already had "commemorative stamps" made, waiting for when it happened.

Just a thought although I do find the timing to be a bit too much of a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

so tired of the WWII comparisons.

To bad. You will have to remain tired then.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

No is problem, comrade.

Russian soldier lay flat and grasp ankles of Russian soldier in front of him.

In this way, we make surface for bridge!

Guess they could duckboard that sucker.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

yea cause 60 years later and the socio-political dynamics are the same and the intelligence and military capabilities are the same, Putin is just like Hitler and Liz Truss is just like Winston, and damn if Biden isn't just like FDR. Shame we spent all that money on NATO to get just the same as WWII

but you do you

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

yea cause 60 years later and the socio-political dynamics are the same and the intelligence and military capabilities are the same, Putin is just like Hitler and Liz Truss is just like Winston, and damn if Biden isn't just like FDR.

but you do you

War is War.

Unless you know different ?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

don't mistake this for a theory denying the bridge was blown up, but that video is incredibly cinematic. it really looks like a movie explosion. a good movie effect at that.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

yea cause 60 years later and the socio-political dynamics are the same and the intelligence and military capabilities are the same, Putin is just like Hitler and Liz Truss is just like Winston, and damn if Biden isn't just like FDR.

but you do you

War is War.

Complete speculation on my part that warfare has changed in the last 60 years. Putin had better watch out for Olaf pulling a double cross.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

but you do you

War is War.

Complete speculation on my part that warfare has changed in the last 60 years. Putin had better watch out for Olaf pulling a double cross.

People kill and get killed

Property and infrastructure gets destroyed.

Territory gets taken and the reclaimed.

So how exactly has it changed not only in the last 60 years, or even hundreds of years prior to that ?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
damaging the flow of supplies is a standard tactic going back as far as supply lines were used.

Its funny seeing some of the russian apologists complaing about civilian infrastructure beings hit considering the cities russia has flattened.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Indeed. It's sheer hypocrisy given Russia's history of targeting civilian residential areas, apartment blocks, shopping malls and so on.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: DAVID64

Its going badly for Ukraine when you restore on using terrorist tactics.

Somebody is playing a very dangerous game.

Your right but and that would be the US trying to provoke Russia.

'Terrorist tactics'?

Blowing up a bridge on it's own territory that's being used by a foreign invader for military freight?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

No is problem, comrade.

Russian soldier lay flat and grasp ankles of Russian soldier in front of him.

In this way, we make surface for bridge!

Guess they could duckboard that sucker.

Cheers

russians could try driving all their BMPs into the water to make a foot bridge again, that would be extra entertaining in the deeper water there.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

but you do you

War is War.

People kill and get killed

Property and infrastructure gets destroyed.

Territory gets taken and the reclaimed.

So how exactly has it changed not only in the last 60 years, or even hundreds of years prior to that ?

You are discussing the simple end results. It seems more complex to me but I could be wrong

mwi.usma.edu...

While describing the role of friction in warfare, Carl von Clausewitz wrote that “everything in war is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.” Though war has always been and will always be very difficult, changes in the character of warfare over the past two centuries indicate that everything may not be as simple as it once was. For example, the types of problems the Russian military has struggled with during its invasion of Ukraine are not new: logistics, sustainment, achieving surprise, protecting forces, and achieving unified command are all enduring military challenges. Yet new threats from unmanned aircraft, loitering munitions, multispectral sensors, satellite imagery, cyber, and many more emerging technologies have made the successful execution of warfighting functions far more complex than they were on previous battlefields.

The increasing number of variables on the battlefield, increasing range of sensors and weapons systems, and increasing speed of decision-making are evidence of an exponential increase, rather than a linear one, in warfare’s complexity. In fact, Army Research Laboratory chief scientist Alexander Kott developed a formula to demonstrate that growth in the range and destructive capacity of weapons systems over time is exponential. Russian military leaders have proven unable to adapt to a dramatically more complex battlefield, resulting in operational failures and the deaths of senior military leaders. If American military leaders are to fare better in future wars, they must understand the increasing complexity of the battlefield far more than their Russian counterparts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join