It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Report possible Nordstream 2 and 1 Sabatoge

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I believe sabotage, if indeed that's what it is, could've been perpetrated by Russians, and you don't even need to hypothesize about false flags or military ops.

Turn on the news, either in the West or in Russia (I'm speculating about what Russian news reports, but I expect it's of similar tone as the West, with just the culpable parties reversed), and large chunk of the programming is generic anti-"other side" propaganda.

We are in a retrograde course back to Cold War level tension. A new generation of Westerners are being taught to hate Russia, and the Russians are no doubt reciprocating. The back and forth on this site is a microcosm of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Russian ex-pats living in the West, after getting their fill of either their domestic anti-West propaganda, or the Western anti-Russia propaganda, decided to inflict some suffering on Europeans this winter by attacking the pipelines. Or it could be the other way around (i.e. German or other country's dissidents that believe they are damaging Russian finances by shutting down the pipeline).

It boggles the mind how anyone of even moderate intelligence in the political/diplomatic arena, on both sides, could let the situation return to the levels of fear and anxiety felt in the '80s. Duck and cover drills to prevent being vaporized by the flash of a nuclear detonation. MSM stories exploring (fantasizing?) about the outcomes of nuclear exchanges. Ominous rhetoric.

I think part of the problem is that the generation(s) that grew up in the shadow of nuclear annihilation have retired or are on the verge of it. Probably my generation (GenX) are the last group to experience life in the Cold War before the Berlin Wall came down.

We are rehashing the brinkmanship of the Cold War, just with a new set of players. Sad and incredibly disappointing.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And our ecofriendly government did it.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The US and third party actors have had backdoors into many infrastructure software, starting with the INSLAW scandal since at least the 90's. Wouldn't put it past someone with access to these systems to lower the flow and or speed to cause a rupture via the computer controls.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

The US and third party actors have had backdoors into many infrastructure software, starting with the INSLAW scandal since at least the 90's. Wouldn't put it past someone with access to these systems to lower the flow and or speed to cause a rupture via the computer controls.

The pipeline was not in use, Europe had already told putin where to stick his gas.

edit on 28-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Ahhh.. okay. Was just thinking of the fairly recent explosions with other pipelines as well as factories in China etc.

Submerged explosives sound the most likely then.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Ahhh.. okay. Was just thinking of the fairly recent explosions with other pipelines as well as factories in China etc.

Submerged explosives sound the most likely then.

I don't pretend to know how it was done, but the pipeline wasn't in use at the time, and nobody planned to use it anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Either someone wants to completely freeze Europe or someone wants NATO's boots on the ground.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Either someone wants to completely freeze Europe or someone wants NATO's boots on the ground.

Or both. Who would want that though?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

In the case of wanting Europe to freeze which would create general unrest and stopping the military and aid to Ukraine -> Russia

Boots on the Ground -> Ukraine

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

In the case of wanting Europe to freeze which would create general unrest and stopping the military and aid to Ukraine -> Russia

Boots on the Ground -> Ukraine

Except nobody was buying gas through the pipeline, and nobody had any plans to do so anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

The pipeline was not in use, Europe had already told putin where to stick his gas.

Yeahbut now somebody made sure of it 😀

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yeahbut now somebody made sure of it 😀

Doubly sure.

Have any world leaders been throwing violent and vindictive tantrums lately?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
yeahbut yeahbut . . . . . . .
Amid an energy crisis, Germany turns to the world's dirtiest fossil fuel

Hilarious, the greenest of the greens using the dirtiest of dirty!

We have PLENTY of much cleaner coal for them if they want, but they'd have to get the democrat party out of our way to get it.

We also have plenty of gas. So much it's damn near free compared to what Europe is paying.

It's a good thing European greens and the democrat party have stood in the way of expanding our LNG capacities for so long, eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And the 10k Germans protesting to turn the gas back on now have nothing to protest about. That's convenient.

The fact the pipeline existed presented a problem to whoever blew it up. It was obvious the Germans would eventually give in to Russia's demands. Whoever did this could have potentially killed thousands of Germans. That's how we all should be looking at this.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

They had their say.

Elections have consequences.

russia could only muster 10k German 'protesters'?

You guys are slipping.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree with most of your posts, but I do wonder if a NATO country blew it up. This ensures Germany doesn’t flip flop when it gets cold this winter. a reply to: MidnightWatcher

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtEsquire
I agree with most of your posts, but I do wonder if a NATO country blew it up. This ensures Germany doesn’t flip flop when it gets cold this winter. a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Could be, I don't claim to know whodunnit, only that most of the russian propaganda on the subject so far has been absurd.

My guess is russia, based entirely on recent russian propaganda, but prefer to wait for actual evidence.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join