It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's have a really weird conversation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

But an Oracle comes with a ton of personality and it's always up to the recipient to make the decision.
It's not like a medium.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I would like to know how it all started, what or who created reality, and my next question would be what created that.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Ok... So we get the answers, make a guardian AI and have it run all the sensitive things humanity (or life in general) should never be entrusted with? Is that where we'd have to go?

Trying to predict the weather tomorrow is still challenging, as for what grows out of all this technology over the years? Thing like the Borg or Terminator are a possibility. Hope it does not all go down that way, but with the way nature is some might try it out? Overall I expect a strong reflection of humanity with the way technology grows.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Imagine an Oracle, a place you go to because you need advice how to decide and what to do.
You bring presents, a basket of fruit, a goat, a chicken, jewellery, whatever.
The temple officials ask for your request.
'I want the truth!' you say. 'I need to know what reality is really made of. I need to know if the gods are real and what they're made of. I need to know how my mind works and what is made of.'

What could the Oracle answer? To someone without any technology. Without all those concepts we found, improved and/or discarded along the way.
Are we now at a point where we can handle the answer?

There's this line of thinking that we're on purpose being kept from figuring out those answers.
Would it matter? Would it improve things if we knew?

It would depend on how many could have access to this "truth" and access and the transfer of knowledge would have to be uniform across wide swathes of the population. If not there will be some that try and control this information,some deniers of the knowledge, etc. ie humans are skeptical anyway, now even more, hell it's probably a survival mechanism.

Even if this entity was true and genuine it would take decades to convince the whole population. Even though some have seen it with their own eyes, would not believe it. One reason we likely need a big reveal, we are just too skeptical and wary. Just as I am skeptical of "The Stranger in the Pentagon" story I could see the interaction going something as the story goes. Once TPTB found out there would be those who would want to control it, hide it, etc. I mean hell the country was jumping at the communist shadow in the '50s and we still are a tad jumpy 70 years later.

eraoflight.com...

It is in our nature and perhaps even that is a learned behavior passed down, and/or it's in our genetics. It would have to be done in steps and reinforced over and over.

Individuals can be convinced but collectively there will always be those that learn at their own pace.

We are likely the Cosmos' version of North Sentinel Island.
edit on 6-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I like my smarty pants to be less vague!

See what I did there

It's not like a medium.

What is it like?

It's always framed like it's a question then an answer and by some crazy divine relationship there's significant relevance.

Maybe the ladies at Delphi were weird gas boffing esoteric teachers and nobody knew? Idk... I did ask questions but I'm not really here for answers anyways. I think?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

The oracle wouldn't be able to answer that in any semi accurate way. They'd come up with something that sounded intense and impossible to understand because you paid them and they have a reputation afterall.

You'd accept the answer as something amazing that you wouldn't be able to understand because it'd be impossible to do so (because it was some fancy made up mumbo jumbo).

They'd say the Gods are real because the oracle has to be getting their powers from somewhere.

If they could answer your questions in any convincing, respectable way, you'd take it as sacred esoteric truth and pass it down the line. When people asked you to explain it, you'd do what the oracle did to you.

Historically some got pretty close describing the elemental makeup of things, they even got close to describing magnetism and electrical bonds. They got almost to the atomic level.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who the fairest of them of all.

Depend on what kind of Oracle you’d be talking to, wether it was a person or an object like the mirror in Snow White or a well similar to scurrying, drawing answers from somewhere. Usual answer would be a spirit told it so, similar to Greek classic mythologies Daimons an Gods, being in line to Angels an God in the Bible.

Do, be like sending as simple as laptop, being shipped back in time, with instructions that someone back in time could read an use. The idea that it would accelerate technological progress would be the ideal innocent goal, benefiting humanity an what not. Thing is though, we wouldn’t have the wisdom or maturity, and would more then likely a annihilate ourselves ether by war or tapping into an unstable power source.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Would it matter?

The truth always matters, even if we don't like it.

Would it improve things if we knew?

For some, but most humans will do what they have always done. Believe what they want to believe, because it's what they have built their reality around.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Imagine an Oracle, a place you go to because you need advice how to decide and what to do.
You bring presents, a basket of fruit, a goat, a chicken, jewellery, whatever.
The temple officials ask for your request.
'I want the truth!' you say. 'I need to know what reality is really made of. I need to know if the gods are real and what they're made of. I need to know how my mind works and what is made of.'

Hi Peeple, those are some big questions.

Idk, if someone would be able to receive any particular answers that would settle the question in a single visit. If someone was seeking the truth, they should be mindful to be being careful what they wish for. Imo, it would be prudent to ask for the truth and the wisdom to practice using it for the better.

What could the Oracle answer? To someone without any technology. Without all those concepts we found, improved and/or discarded along the way.
Are we now at a point where we can handle the answer?

I doubt someone could have their curiosity about these things satisfied in a single visit, rather the act of seeking an answer from the oracle serving as a catalyst for events afterwards to hopefully fill in the blanks. Idk if there is such thing as an absolute truth per se. Perhaps truth itself would gradually reveal itself as someone grows to realize it.

Perceiving too much too quickly could be overwhelming, and expressing it with those who haven't gone down that path may put someone at odds with the world around them.

There's this line of thinking that we're on purpose being kept from figuring out those answers.
Would it matter? Would it improve things if we knew?

I doubt the universe itself would try to hide truth from any sincere seeker. I get the impression that the stumbling blocks that appear in the way of this sort of understanding are a reflection of someone's own progress in these departments. Iirc, "Know thyself," was written somewhere around the entrance to the oracle of Delphi. Imo, suggesting that many of the keys to understanding life lie within.

Ideally, seeking truth is a good thing. I think your questions here are to do with those who may appear to prevent someone from knowing themselves in this way. It may be helpful to know, to communicate better. I think these challenges primarily are rooted in ignorance.

Hopefully the lessons someone learns on their path, can be used to light the way for others. If someone is STS or has malevolent feelings towards others, it is better to know sooner than later in order to avoid them if they refuse to level with you or are blind to truth. Vampires suck.

edit on 6-9-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: added around entrance to oracle of Delphi (more specific)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
A common thread I've noted seems to have been/is being used by shamans, indigenous tribes, religions and even scientists. Ritual chanting and/or drumming is used in leading to an 'altered' state of mind, Certain herbal substances were sometimes used to facilitate the mind entering a state of altered reality/another dimension.

Our brain is capable of producing chemicals naturally that science has managed to replicate to some degree, including what's considered hallucinogenic. The herbs seem to be a quicker way to Segway into this altered reality/realm/fantasy/whatever this type of experience is.

It's almost like we break through some sort of firewall in our brain where we can tap into some sort of universal knowledge or dimension we're not normally aware of, like it's too much information to handle on a regular basis and would cause a major short-circuit. Our brains don't have enough RAM.

I agree, this is why some of those that partake in the psychedelics theorized it changed them and opened them up to a newer consciousness, while the opposing view is you just zapped your brain and you probably should be careful doing so. All it did was change your perception and your perception becomes your reality.

This is what is scary about the world today we are all mostly living in our perceptions, we are even more closed to accepting other perceptions, much less other realities.

I would pose we will never take the next step till we alleviate all the tasks we have to do in the modern world for survival. Much like early humans didn't have time to ponder thier existence, they were too busy trying just to survive and get enough food water, and shelter.

Yes, we have limited RAM and our task manager has too many open processes. Until collectively more of us aren't preoccupied with just surviving the old rat race, it will be difficult changing our thought processes. Well unless we get more RAM, and even then some motherboards can only handle certain kinds of RAM. We aren't just limited by our ceiling on our capacity for learning, we are limited collectively by how low our basement is on the capacity for learning.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yes, know thyself. Knowing about the nature of objective truths is not the first step. As gangsters in film noir films often reply to a question concerning their particular group of associates or nature of their operations - “who’s askin’?”

Whatever truth is we’re it. But we want to possess it. Like making a pot out of ice to hold water. When we see that that very idea is ludicrous we melt. The search for truth leads to evaporation of the name and form. Be careful what you ask for maybe?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It's almost like we break through some sort of firewall in our brain where we can tap into some sort of universal knowledge or dimension we're not normally aware of, like it's too much information to handle on a regular basis and would cause a major short-circuit. Our brains don't have enough RAM

When getting into some of the technicalities on how the brain works there are parts that are receptive to quantum mechanical functions. How do some people know who is call them before picking up the phone? How do some parents know when a child is in trouble? What is it with some identical twins finishing each others sentences? We all have a small part of god within us.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

“Would it matter?”

YES…..

Over the past two years I’ve pondered a lot about life and death.
I absolutely 10000000% believe there is “life” after death.

The reason we aren’t “allowed” to know or there isn’t humanly concrete proof is because we would be offing ourselves and probably a lot more people if we didn’t take this life seriously. If we had easily recalled memories of our previous life, would we make new connections in this one?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The Oracle is redundant and played out. Even the trans-brothers that did one good Matrix movie kept that guru line of thinking. It's like genetic memory for people to need wise and or elected sages.

Most everybody wants to be spoonfed enlightenment. Want the catfish without the rod, tackle, and knowledge of blood bait. And then just buy it when they fail.

Enough cliche analogies though. In that hypothetical situation I'm not sure the sage would provide comfortable answers. Might up end looking like some Sikh reject that talks like he lives solely on opium.

Oh great guru, "Why do we have a corrupt democracy?"

Love the idea of giving control of the world to MENSA though. Unfortunately for even intelligent meritocratic utopias the dark triad would still get you way further.
edit on 6-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I am in the "it wouldn't matter" camp. I have studied, prayed, asked, wondered, and imagined, and I have found my truth. I am confident there is something that can communicate with me, understand me, and is much greater than I am, yet can communicate with me in a way that I understand. But I cannot convey that to anyone else, other than to say "faith" is the answer. I wish it was a burning bush, or a booming voice from the sky others would see and hear, but it isn't. It's hugely personal, and I think, purposefully impossible to convey to others.

I can't imagine why a creator would need validation from his creation, so perhaps that's why not everyone asks for answers and gets them. Until you do, the entire thing sounds to fantastical. But when you do, it all comes into focus, and it's easier to grasp the "why" part of things. I wish I could share the confidence with others, but it would likely come across as "that voice in my head" which some equate with Schizophrenia. So best I can do is wait for others to have the same epiphany.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I've been asking questions like you do all my life, it wasn't till I was 39 that I started to get tangible answers, it's not for the faint hearted

Perhaps if you are yet to reach your 40s they will come to you also

I don't have the answers yet though, not sure if I will but I know enough to say, there is a world in there that is beyond real, a world that your physical eyes or brain cannot comprehend, or even remember
edit on 6-9-2022 by GoldGoo9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's an interesting thought-exercise, because it tickles the old ego so deliciously.

The first instinct is to have the Oracle say whatever the ego thinks is our most solid, profound, and just conclusions.
The Oracle is then reflecting our beliefs, instead of any independent thoughts.

Takes a bit of mental gymnastics, to work around or through that.
Yet when testing : evidence of the ego and our beliefs are still lingering there ! LoL !!

So will take a stab at it, but who knows really, eh ?

What is the Truth ?
Oracle : truth is relative, to every point-of-consciousness.
Similar, and yet different.
Find the common-thread, in the similarities.
It's right there, everywhere.
Yet veiled and obfuscated by noise and pollutants.
We are consciousness, interacting with star-stuff.

What is reality made-of ?
Oracle : Yeah ...
That was covered by the first answer.
A bit slow today, are we ?

Are gods real, and if so, what are they made-of ?
Oracle : Uhmmm ...
Told ya to go-back and read the first answer.
Now go-back and read it again, until it sinks-in.
Why are you still here ?
Next !

How does my mind work, and what is it made-of ?
Oracle : What ?
Are you still here ?
Security !!

Yeah : couldn't post without the old ego taking-over. LoL !!
Oh well !

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

b) anything else

b) because I would be able to have the answers that would get me anything that I wanted and wouldn't be interested in sitting around holding court with those who seek answers.

However, answering any questions from other people in riddles would be entertaining. 
edit on 6 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Don't mess about with Oracles.

Become one yourself.

Read, study, meditate, look within for your answers.

Eventually things will fall in place and you will have discovered your own unique personal truth, which is far more important that adopting someone elses.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

It's almost like having a permanent genie at your beck and call.

It's definitely a superpower I wouldn't sit around waiting for fruit and incense and a jar full of tips.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join