It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's have a really weird conversation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
It Will Give You Goosebumps - Alan Watts On Existence

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: beyondknowledge

It is often said that we would understand much more if we only knew why the leopard was not actually guarding the filing cabinet as the warning stated.

Someone threw a fridge at it?

Exactly how did they get said fridge into the basement with no stairs? Are you the one that took the lightbulb?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Takes a pretty dark turn at the end.
'Only suckers put hope in the future' or like that
I disagree. Enjoyed the rest but the end made me giggle.
We're going to make the future awesome.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
'I want the truth!' you say. 'I need to know what reality is really made of. "Reality is you hand in a flame or the happiness you share with family; to expect more is fruitless."

I need to know if the gods are real and what they're made of. " The Gods are as real as your belief in them."

I need to know how my mind works and what is made of.' "Only you can know how your mind works and as far as wanting to know what a mind is made of, crack any skull open and the essence of the cracked one will cease to exist in this life."

"See the cashier on your way out."

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I don't even doubt that's true for you and about 50%.
But we, the other half live with our head in the clouds and are telling you:
Wait! There's more!

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Wait! There's more!

I wondered why some church services seemed like infomercials. You last line explains that quite well.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I just very recently realised: I was always weird and 'in contact' with something other. Occam would say it has to be: groomed by an occultist club. Alas I can't say that works for me and my experience.

It is a battle of the wills when getting into the gray zone. A strong, firm, # off can help if you are feeling uncomfortable about something. Getting deeper into some of the exorcism stuff, it can take many years to manifest from the initial invitation.

The kingdom of darkness is a strange place. A strong network feeding on our guilt and fears. It is not absolute and can only go so far as it expresses and destroys itself.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Wait! There's more!

There is always more if not life ceases to exist. The next breath, heart beat, or meal are all part of what comes next for the living... See cashier on your way out.. hahahahah

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The problem for me is not anything threatening or scary.
I don't think it's the Cristian 'Demon' that's watching over me.
Though I certainly have met people where I felt they were consumed by sthg at least very similar.

Me and my contact got politeness battles, it says I swear too much and should make better choices lol
So it's maybe one or the other way: am I an angel with a demon attached or a demon with an angel?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Exactly how did they get said fridge into the basement with no stairs? Are you the one that took the lightbulb?

Elevator. Which light bulb? been through a few.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

No with 'more' I mean our mind is a metaphysical 2d-object in an universe with 11 dimensions.
Can you imagine 11 dimensions? Micro-dimensions.
That's on top of the 95% we don't know.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Thrumbo

Those are some really good thoughts, how could the Oracle know?

The original in Delphi sat on a gas column, which we can take as: to communicate with the other, gods or whatever they are, you have to break your mind.
Or at least the barrier surrounding it.
How much truth can come from a broken mind? Or is it: can truth come from anywhere else but a broken mind?

that's like what the toad lickers say about the experence.

some say they die and are reborn.

as to the truth,

only 1 holds it.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Going into the unknown is dangerous, can get lost, confused, make mistakes. Not everyone is up to it as some scientists do burn out when trying to push the limits.

That's too true for the knowns also.

Murky isn't fun for some minds others are just dirty lol I'd say approach that with a smile because we usually get to see one way or another, it's just the more willing often beat the rest to the punch.

Our potential to affect other things isn't to be understated I guess... Oppenheimer didn't drop any bombs did he?

Ok... So we get the answers, make a guardian AI and have it run all the sensitive things humanity (or life in general) should never be entrusted with? Is that where we'd have to go?

That's like asking Oppenheimer to stick to the times table. Sometimes the knowns are boring and the only cure for boredom is curiosity and Oppenheimer didn't kill the proverbial cat.

A lack of self development and boredom is a disastrous mix too which is definitely related question 3.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The problem for me is not anything threatening or scary. I don't think it's the Cristian 'Demon' that's watching over me.

Depending on what it exactly is and how long it has been around, you, the alter writing this could be fine. Have you experienced any missing time or felt like something else was in control of what you are doing?

All these cases of possession usually have different entities attached. Some of them can be quite successful for the individual, know how to make a lot of money. In cases of perfect possession, the original alter is willing to have the attachment take over. For many this works fine and nothing a priest can do. When an attachment becomes destructive to the individual and their community and the original alter is willing to get rid of the possessing alter does a priest have a chance. It is a dangerous process for all involved in an exorcism.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Yeah no, I dusted off my negotiation skill and have set some conditions as fail-safe.
You can only use me as oracle if our intentions match.
But for all intelligences, smaller to bigger, have to show us they're messing with us. Everything else is not reconcilable with justice.
And I mean who could be against justice, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   

And I mean who could be against justice, right?

How would this world look like if there was no justice? Falling back to the law of the jungle.

I know the system has its issues. It has been built over thousands of years of mistakes, learnt a lot of hard lessons. Still got more to go. If this planet is going to reach the stars it is going to need a strong justice system as all the galactic conflict issues kick off. I know it is slow, expensive, lot of difficult topics to talk about. Its a tough job dealing with conflict. We cannot change the past, what is the right thing for the future?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A common thread I've noted seems to have been/is being used by shamans, indigenous tribes, religions and even scientists. Ritual chanting and/or drumming is used in leading to an 'altered' state of mind, Certain herbal substances were sometimes used to facilitate the mind entering a state of altered reality/another dimension.

Our brain is capable of producing chemicals naturally that science has managed to replicate to some degree, including what's considered hallucinogenic. The herbs seem to be a quicker way to Segway into this altered reality/realm/fantasy/whatever this type of experience is.

It's almost like we break through some sort of firewall in our brain where we can tap into some sort of universal knowledge or dimension we're not normally aware of, like it's too much information to handle on a regular basis and would cause a major short-circuit. Our brains don't have enough RAM.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think reality once grasped becomes an obsolete construct and you would have to forget or remember about it in order to keep on realizing reality...

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Testing ...testing...

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Pinpointing gods of uncertainty.

I genuinely might pull the trigger if I had the shot haha. Sorry to butt in! But if you're talking about what I think you're talking about then maybe I'd act differently with past experiences with a time machine. I can be less reactive.

But if I'm speaking to an oracle I might as well sing, should I stay or should I go now? Do you know which clothes even fit me?

It's all random outside of context, heck it could even be construed as malicious. I see that these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join