It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's have a really weird conversation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Imagine an Oracle, a place you go to because you need advice how to decide and what to do.
You bring presents, a basket of fruit, a goat, a chicken, jewellery, whatever.
The temple officials ask for your request.
'I want the truth!' you say. 'I need to know what reality is really made of. I need to know if the gods are real and what they're made of. I need to know how my mind works and what is made of.'

What could the Oracle answer? To someone without any technology. Without all those concepts we found, improved and/or discarded along the way.
Are we now at a point where we can handle the answer?

There's this line of thinking that we're on purpose being kept from figuring out those answers.
Would it matter? Would it improve things if we knew?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

1. Sadly, truth is buried in quicksand these days.
2. I go on a map of the wind these days and never get lost.
3. I have a fishing pole and bait, I'll make it till i find spring water in the mountains tonight. got 2 hours till i set tent up. got some bread though.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The oracle wouldn't be able to answer that in any semi accurate way. They'd come up with something that sounded intense and impossible to understand because you paid them and they have a reputation afterall.

You'd accept the answer as something amazing that you wouldn't be able to understand because it'd be impossible to do so (because it was some fancy made up mumbo jumbo).

They'd say the Gods are real because the oracle has to be getting their powers from somewhere.

If they could answer your questions in any convincing, respectable way, you'd take it as sacred esoteric truth and pass it down the line. When people asked you to explain it, you'd do what the oracle did to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

It won't matter.

Even if we unlocked some magical abilities it wouldn't matter. When a kid is raised on Lego bricks you can educate them, teach them the ways of the world and give them a wonderful career in design and technology, art or research. Let them truly understand what we've accomplished so far. But give them 10 minutes on a cutting edge CAD/CAM machine or a 3D printer and guess what recreation toys they'd like to make us?

Lego bricks...

Then when they're worked it's a block or somebody else's thoughts put into work usually right? I'm not sure it's a really weird conversation, I guess I'm framing it to say that Lego is useless to a cave man and what makes the Lego is a bit beyond us for now.

Again I doubt we'd do anything but Lego anyways... Where's the inspiration?

The answer could always have been God or whatever but that seems to me like when a kid writes any old number to a math question they didn't want to answer.... Thing is plenty before showed us their works with their working out too. Many feel no closer to the answers, I personally don't think an answer changes our nature either.

We'll still be recreating caves without even knowing it.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   

1. The periodic table of elements is a good start to understanding the fabric of reality.

2.I don't know what you mean by gods? Sounds like some kind of entities. As for god, something that made this universe, so I guess everything that exists goes into what god is made of? Could it be infinite or is there a clear boundary somewhere?

3. How neural networks work is a good start in understanding how our mind works. It is why we are all sinners, fall over learning to walk and such. It is also why there is hope for redemption as we can learn from our mistakes. The brain is made of grey gooey stuff. As for a more eternal, spiritual component to how it all works I don't know, still in the maybe box. There is some compelling evidence around that there is more to life than what is officially accepted, as for what it is exactly and how it all works looks complicated.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
questions that would change everything if we had the answer.

is there a God

is there life after death

are we alone in the universe

who drank my last beer!

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   

*shakes 8 ball of magical mysteriousnesses*

Try again tomorrow.

...and thanks for all the fish.
edit on 6-9-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Don’t skip to the last chapter and expect to understand the whole story.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Those are some really good thoughts, how could the Oracle know?

The original in Delphi sat on a gas column, which we can take as: to communicate with the other, gods or whatever they are, you have to break your mind.
Or at least the barrier surrounding it.
How much truth can come from a broken mind? Or is it: can truth come from anywhere else but a broken mind?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

40 years in the wilderness, question everything, don't believe anything, white tantra... Annihilation of psychological aggregates of which they are legion

Know thyself, do thy duty, let you light shine

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

1 and 2 would be the same thing, it's what all the theoretical physics, the hadron collider and demons from the other side is all about. What's the make-up of the elements and therefore everything else? In the past they spoke of the aether. But there's stories like the well of Mimer which are most definitely stories of questions and questions of stories. The only new thing to us is our ability to actually define things and we've gotten considerably farther than the elements.

3 is why I love threads like this, I have my suspicions about life and the universe. Elements know nothing but they're bound with information, how long they've been around, how long they have left, what they are and what they've been... Even what they'll become. Life is similar but nowhere near as stifled in it's ability to exchange information nor express it.

How "our" minds work is quite possibly a brilliant choice of words. As a human I'm a collection of many different cells and some of them are not mine. Thinking on the elements ever notice how rare they are in nature by themselves? So why is a human a human? A tree a tree? The reality is I'm a very sick human without my gut bacteria and trees don't last very long without their fungi.

Might seem like I'm waffling on there... I am. Yet life is life, matter is matter. Non of it works differently from one another. If it did we'd probably have cults naming it God.
edit on 6-9-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Imagine Peeple that you have the ability to channel the answer to any question you ask of the universe.

Do you:

a) plant yourself at a fixed location and receive gifts your whole life in exchange for something that just comes naturally to you?

b) anything else

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

a) because: talent = calling

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes, the fabric of reality does get deeper than the atomic scale. We have hundreds of years of scientific endeviour on the atomic elements, makes for a solid foundation when getting deeper into the sub atomic realm, still a murky place.

Going into the unknown is dangerous, can get lost, confused, make mistakes. Not everyone is up to it as some scientists do burn out when trying to push the limits.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It is often said that we would understand much more if we only knew why the leopard was not actually guarding the filing cabinet as the warning stated.

Back to the subject at hand. The answers cannot be answered truely. Not because the answers are not knowable but because they would spoil the entire set up.

If you make a show about looking for bigfoot, it kind of spoils the rest of the series if you find him and get his autograph in the first episode. The same thing goes for UFOs. We show you around one then give you a ride and you get tired of all the shows with all those pictures form the potato cameras.

Why would anyone bother worshiping God if you have his number in your phone.

For most, the magic is gone when there is proof.

The old saying, 'keep them wanting more' applies here.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

How much truth can come from a broken mind? Or is it: can truth come from anywhere else but a broken mind?

When getting into the trauma based mind control stuff, trauma is used to break ones identity. This open the individual up to other personalities or alters. In time they all learn how to live together as the individual.

As for what other things might be broken, our bodies are constantly building and repairing itself. Damaged spots get more resources and can get stronger over time. If too much damage can have long term effects, never quite the same again, but the body will do what it can with some improvements taking years.

When my mind broke waking up to 9/11, the truth was the only thing worth hanging onto.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Isn't the set-up in use also 'spoiled'?
I think the bigger problem is fear of the unknown.
Proof would mean we have an educated guess and a method to test it. And we just don't know where to start looking.
Proof is I think a 2. or 3. step, because besides all subjectivity, all proof would be anecdotal and we got zero scientific methods that deal with the effects of 'stories' memes etc. on our subjective experience, which is the majority of our existence.
The unspoken of nebulars. lol

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

It is often said that we would understand much more if we only knew why the leopard was not actually guarding the filing cabinet as the warning stated.

Someone threw a fridge at it?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I just very recently realised: I was always weird and 'in contact' with something other.
Occam would say it has to be: groomed by an occultist club.
Alas I can't say that works for me and my experience. I feel there's more.

Truth, justice, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

Hang on, Rock on

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I love Tarot. It tells you a story that everything will turn out alright.
Is it The Future ? No, but a mirror to where you currently are.
edit on 6-9-2022 by Peeple because: ...and hope *Pandora*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join