It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat thread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: dollukka

I don't know what page you are saying that he stole his pictures from, but is it really "copyrighted"? Just posting things online does not confer any copyright protection.
''

Yes it does. Statutory copyright is invoked at conception. You no longer need to "register" copyright for it to be in effect. The law was changed over a generation ago. The only thing registration does is prove you published on or before the date you registered, but that is not the only way to prove it.

Our Russian Troll doesn't care about any laws except his own, which he considers sacrosanct. All others are irrelevant. He will steal anything he can from anywhere else. That is his character.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

YES
Link

There are at least three possible law regimes in effect for a site: the country in which the text was created; the country in which the server hosting the site resides; the country in which you are viewing the text. It’s quite likely that at least one of these is a signer of the Berne Convention, which treats creative work as copyrighted “at birth.” So even if the country’s original laws didn’t make this happen, Berne supplements or supersedes those local laws

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You've both showed me that there may be some protections now for things posted online. It still doesn't matter to me. I will continue lifting pictures from the internet to turn into NFTs and separate the fools from their crypto.

edit on 25 7 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: RussianTroll

I appreciate your attempt at a pleasant thread, but alas dollukka's undying hatred for you is not going to allow the rest of us any enjoyment. Sad, really.....

What hatred ? Appreciate his threads which are not stolen from the web. You can make thread on your own about pets more pleasant.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You've both showed me that there may be some protections now for things posted online. It still doesn't matter to me. I will continue lifting pictures from the internet to turn into NFTs and separate the fools from their crypto.

So you will continue to show your flawed sterling character to all who will listen. Bravo. I'm sure you are very proud of yourself.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I've never claimed to be perfect, and I certainly do not care what people think about me.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I've never claimed to be perfect, and I certainly do not care what people think about me.

Most people serving life in prison feel the same way.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
nvmd
edit on 20000001212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Good gawd. Can't we even have a discussion about cats without it devolving into attacking each other? 

I was looking forward to having a friendly cat discussion with my man RT and putting aside our differences to just be people having a friendly conversation.

It reminds me of the girl in school who goes out of her way to antagonize a boy she has a crush on that doesn't feel the same way about her.

I recommend getting a cat for company, and it's a more constructive way to fill idle time than starting arguments.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

So, I'm getting life in prison for copy and pasting a pic from the internet? Besides, it is nearly 100% unrecognizable as the original photo by the time I am finished editing it into something people will buy.
edit on 26 7 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I tried to upload a picture of my cat, but still no dice. It looks like it is uploading and even says "100% complete", but the image does not appear in my ATS collection.

Anyways, she's a pretty Snowshoe type cat with a perfect upside-down "V" pattern on her face.
edit on 26 7 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I tried to upload a picture of my cat, but still no dice. It looks like it is uploading and even says "100% complete", but the image does not appear in my ATS collection.

Anyways, she's a pretty Snowshoe type cat with a perfect upside-down "V" pattern on her face.

After it completed uploading, did you click on the 'uploaded' file? Then you can click on the pic to get the jpeg.

I'd love to see a picture of your cat!
edit on 20000001212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The image does not appear in any of my collections. I suspect the image may be too large even though it says "100% complete" instead of "File too large". I will mess around with making reducing the file size later on and see if it works. I have to get myself to work now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join