It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Although I am a dog lover (I have had dogs all my life, mostly exotic breeds), I have always had respect for cats. But, I had one Siamese cat Gorby, I adopted him as a small kitten. Gorby - because he had a characteristic spot on his muzzle. But the cat grew up, and to the surprise of my whole family, he turned out to be gay.))) Local cats arranged nightly concerts near my door until Gorby ran away with them and disappeared. Didn't show up again. I don’t know how LGBT supporters will react to this, for sure - feline homophobia.)))
But today I want to tell you about a few real Russian cats who spend their time not sleeping on an armchair, but together with their owners, doing socially significant work. About cats - workers.

Chapel Behemoth

A native Muscovite and the most mystical cat of the capital. Behemoth works at Bulgakov's House on Bolshaya Sadovaya, 10, where the writer lived. (Those who read the brilliant novel by Mikhail Bulgakov "The Master and Margarita" will understand). The black cat greets guests and keeps order in the museum-theater. He does not play pranks, does not touch anyone, refutes a well-known sign. If the Behemoth crosses the road, an interesting excursion or performance awaits the person. The cat is delighted with black caviar and walks on the Patriarch's Ponds.

Trucker Chief

Chef was born at a car wash and quickly became an orphan: a falcon attacked the mother cat. The kid was looking for a warm corner and got into the cabin of an oil carrier. While the car was taking a shower, the kitten met the driver. He climbed onto Denis's shoulder and decided that this guy would definitely take him where he needed to go. And Denis took him to his home. They became friends so much that they don’t part at all - they go on flights together and travel around the country. The boss is only a year old, and there are already more than 100 thousand kilometers behind his ears!

Guide Ryaba

The cat has been working in the Museum of Wooden Architecture for more than 15 years, protecting the Russian cultural heritage from rodents. Ryaba lives in the historic village of Yamka on the island of Kizhi; she runs a century-old two-story house where guides are accommodated. She is friends with the hare Nikolai and loves "kalitki" - pies from the Russian oven.

Yeti soccer player

He is the lop-eared Krish, he is also the mustachioed Messi, he is also the Penza football player-nugget. The guy grew up on Akinfeev's saves and Dziuba's goals. From the cradle, he has been talented at the gate, but he loves to play in the field more. Practices dribbling, feinting and making a hat-trick. Yeti remotely advises Karpin (the head coach of the Russian national football team) and smashes the TV if the Russian team loses.

Guardian of the monastery Vladyka

Vladyka the cat guards the Pskov-Caves Monastery, which is over 600 years old. Under the control of the Maine Coon, the entire territory - from the famous monastery caves to domes. The cat is not afraid of heights and bell ringing. He likes to sit on the roof and watch the life of the monastery with a long history. She eats pancakes with sour cream, and in her free time she listens to Beethoven.

These are Russian cats - hard workers. And it doesn't matter what breed they are, they are Russian.))) But I still sometimes yearn for my gay cat Gorby. And in his memory, I want to present you with a video of a speech by a Bundestag deputy from, in my opinion, the only sane faction - the Alternative for Germany party.))

Well, I want to end on a minor note. Video about bullying and discrimination of Russian dogs in the USA. Unfortunately.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Beautiful cats . They are Prrrrrrrfect ( bad joke, but couldn’t help myself ) . .. I have 2 cats . Both are rescues . One is a Russian blue, and the other a mix of exotic wild cat and a tabby . Both guard me and my house . They are family ! …. Loved reading your stories .
edit on 25-7-2022 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have had various cats adopt me. The current resident is Natasha, a slightly built tuxedo, but of Michigan, not Russia. Her former lover, a large orange tabby named Boris, has gone on ahead, eating shrimp, no doubt, in his heavenly realm. They were companions until Boris was caught with the faint scent of another feline on his collar following a night out on the town. Two days they fought and were finally separated, with Boris going to my daughter’s apartment until his passing. ‘Tasha remains at age 15 +/- and is as needy as ever - but only shows any affection to me and doesn’t give my wife the time of day. She puts up with the grand-toddlers pretty well, and has never been known to bite or scratch anyone. Eats only enough to maintain her svelte figure.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is a cool thread with some awesome cats. Thank-you for this. I am a cat person myself, but I like dogs too and other animals. We have a household cat named "Rocky". He is a dark grey and white tuxedo much like Tom from the Tom and Jerry cartoons. He is about 16 years old. There is another cat outside that comes around our property since we live in the country around farming areas. He has a lame front paw and hops on three legs. If you try to get close to him he runs away quickly considering his condition. He looks healthy and seems to be always on the hunt for rodents. I have named him "Three Paws". He is a light orange from head to tail with a white underside. I like to observe him when he comes around and watch him hunt.
Off subject, I have a friend from school that we nicknamed "Gorby" because of the same colored spot on his forehead. He's a cool guy and has a family out in Utah.
Thank you Russian Troll for this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Beautiful pics, cats can become your family. I was in 7th grade I was walking home from school and found this little black kitten around the drainage runoff on the sidewalk. He was very skinny, had no tail and it started following me, after just one block I picked it up and put it on my also skinny shoulder. I walked the rest of the way home about 3 miles with it just clinging to my shoulder. I got home and gave it some warm milk and when it got through, it looked up at me and climbed back up my leg and set on my shoulder like I don't care where you are going I'm going with you. It went with me everywhere if we didn't stop it. That first day I went to school, I made it a little place in our garage, and had to put it in a box, it could get out of but it took him a while or it would follow me to school. I left the garage door cracked so it could get out, at this point my parents didn't know about it. That afternoon I got off the bus and started walking the 4 miles home, when I got to the gutter drain where I found it the day before there was the kitten. I stopped a bit amazed it has walked this whole way it was so tiny, hell it had to take most of the day just to get there. It looked up at me and climbed up my leg and sat on my shoulder as if I said I told you I'm going where ever you go.

I named him King Tut and we fed it and took it to the vet, and for weeks at first, it followed me every where and when it would catch me it would climb up on my shoulders. I'd go to a friend's house to play basketball and had to go through the woods about half a mile and here comes the kitten, I'd go down to the lake to fish and Id be setting there, and sooner or later it would climb up my back and sit on my shoulder. He grew into a nice healthy cat, but about a year later it just vanished, I got home one day and it wasn't in the garage. So I walked all around the neighborhood trying to find him. For about a week later I'd walk home from school and Id sit on the drainage sewer where I found him hoping he would show up.
edit on 25-7-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Ummm...I had a very large and beautiful mix breed cat when I was a child...I named him Ferocious...

Ferocious was a wonderful companion and a great hunter...One of my favorite pastimes was to hike and explore and Ferocious was always there...following along...or running ahead...
When he got tired...he would jump up on my shoulder and relax while I wandered...

One of his amazing traits was sharing...he would bring home and leave on the porch fully grown rabbits and pheasant's that he caught...

He was a wonderful friend to a young country boy...whose summer days were full of exploration and fishing...but mostly reading and exploring the possibilities that youth filled imagination might engender...and Ferocious was always there...by my side...

Thank you for bringing those memories to the forefront of my consciousness...it was good to reminisce and travel those paths I thought belonged only to the past...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Check this out
Same cats same story word to word

copyright violation perhaps ?
edit on 25-7-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Jericho (foreground) and Joshua are Ocicats: half Siamese and half Abyssinian with some American Shorthair thrown in for good measure. 16 pounds each. Smart. Obnoxious. They sleep a lot.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

People who constantly complain are pathetic. They are not capable of anything else. In Russia, these are called "terpils".)))

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I've never had a cat hang around for more than 3/4 months throughout my entire life, but have always had a dog. After my last canine's passing, another pup wasn't in the cards so I decided to try my hand with a cat, and 8 years on I can say Smoosh is one of the best choices I've ever made.
He's my constant shadow, never letting me get more than a few feet away from him. He likes to be close, but is not keen on being constantly petted; affectionate but not needy.
I've learned to appreciate a cats place in the world; it's a lot easier to clean a litter box than to pooper-scoop an entire yard after a Great Dane. lol
He's a good friend and companion that I thoroughly enjoy.

edit on 10000001212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: oops

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

People who constantly complain are pathetic. They are not capable of anything else. In Russia, these are called "terpils".)))

It could be your story in Russia but if not in the USA we give credit to the author when we copy something.
Also it is against the rules on ATS unless you put it in quotes.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I wonder what user "Cat Bridge" in Zen platform thinks about when his/hers post are stolen and presented as your own. You know about copyright law ? if you don´t educate yourself.
edit on 25-7-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Well you are once again showing your ugly side by slandering... well its funny but what else we could expect from you ?

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I also prefer dogs, but we have a cat, too. I found her living in the wild as a kitten and was surprisingly able to catch her. I brought her home intending to find someone else for her to live with and, despite my wife saying, "No Cats!!!" as one of the conditions of our marriage, when she saw the kitten I brought home, she was like "Can we please keep her?!?!?"

I tried uploading a picture, but it is not working for me today.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Again complaints, whining and drooling ...
I'm wondering if the villain starts molesting and raping your woman, will you fight back, or will you run around in hysterics and call the police?

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Again complaints, whining and drooling ...
I'm wondering if the villain starts molesting and raping your woman, will you fight back, or will you run around in hysterics and call the police?

We are talking about cats here and you change it to raping and molesting ??? Are you serious !!!
Beside i don´t have a woman i have a husband and i am a woman. Anyway you move quickly from cats to raping and molesting...

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Sorry, I thought you were from one of the gender orientations listed by the Bundestag MP in the video in this thread.
I am a man, and I do not offend women. Sorry again.
I thought that such aggression against me, a typical man, is due to the lack of real men around you. In psychology there is a clear description of such cases.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sorry, I thought you were from one of the gender orientations listed by the Bundestag MP in the video in this thread.
I am a man, and I do not offend women. Sorry again.
I thought that such aggression against me, a typical man, is due to the lack of real men around you. In psychology there is a clear description of such cases.

Your rhetoric approach is interesting. First you pretend to be sorry and after that you slander me telling that my husband is not a real man LOL. I believe he is more man than you are, he has direct approach in matters not like you.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thank you for the vivid confirmation of my conclusion in the previous comment.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If you didn´t understand, he says what he thinks straight and direct, not like you who twist and twist. There is nothing pure or honest in your words you write, i feel bad for your family if you even got one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join