It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Administration Quietly Raised Amount of Ethanol Required in Gasoline from 10% to 15%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
How about mixing non e and e gas ?

Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Around here, you can only find ethanol free at marinas and airports.

They won't put ethanol gas in a plane, it's too likely to cause it to fall out of the sky.

They won't put it in boats- too likely to get you stranded in the open water.

But they'll force it on your car, and then tell you to buy a newer car.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I smell a deeper conspiracy, most modern vehicles are pretty ok with E10, but if not flex fuel rated for up to E85 then 10% is about the limit before damage starts to occur. This is because the ethanol content is often not carefully controlled, sometimes E10 can be as high as 20%. So I must assume E15 might often be 25-30% ethanol. We know there is a supply chain problem with replacement parts.
Know what doesn't need gasoline at all? Yeah, electric vehicles, the current administrations wet dream. Push the idea they are more reliable, while also causing food supply chain issues.
The woke idiot far left maniacs will play every dirty card up their sleeves to get their idea of utopia in place.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: texas thinker
I smell a deeper conspiracy, most modern vehicles are pretty ok with E10, but if not flex fuel rated for up to E85 then 10% is about the limit before damage starts to occur. This is because the ethanol content is often not carefully controlled, sometimes E10 can be as high as 20%. So I must assume E15 might often be 25-30% ethanol. We know there is a supply chain problem with replacement parts.
Know what doesn't need gasoline at all? Yeah, electric vehicles, the current administrations wet dream. Push the idea they are more reliable, while also causing food supply chain issues.
The woke idiot far left maniacs will play every dirty card up their sleeves to get their idea of utopia in place.

You know what else don’t need gas? A Donkey, # it I’m getting me a smelly donkey that eats my grass and a Shetland Pony for the wimmins. # it!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

You know what doesnt like ethanol?

Small engines.

Generators, tractors, chainsaws, motorcycles/dirtbikes/quads/atvs,

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Not that " Quietly " it seems . Joe " I Don't Give a F..k What Happens to Me Now Because I am Just a Dupe Following Orders and THEY Will take the FALL Instead of Ole Joey Boyo Because I was Heartfully To Believe So " Biden . This is Just Pissing in the Well Joe , It Still Isn't Enough for Your NUMEROUS Critics I am Affraid........

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You got that right!
I have a couple of little Honda engines that the ethanol made mush out of the o-rings in the carburetor.
I have a really old Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine though that just doesn't seem bothered by it🤔

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

If folks cant run a generator or use their food plot implements it may cut rural folks down a few preparedness pegs. Just diving into your conspiracy theory abit

edit on 6-6-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

That's what I was thinking as I read. I have 2 cars that run on premium only so no troubles there (mileage in old Trailblazer SS sucks to begin with and a twin turbo 3.6l that admittedly does not as horribly as you'd expect; 17-21 mpg) but I have a 2016 Corolla that was specifically bought for mileage and being able to use 87 without caring much.

Used to regularly pull around 40mpg combined but I've noticed in the past couple months I'm lucky if it hits 31mpg. The thing's a damned Mario Cart shoebox, there's no excuse for that. It's still under 30k miles and I do any needed work myself so I know what's going on in it. Best I can guess based on the mileage combined with running like trash is either there's places already doing this or virtually every station near me is watering (slim chance, when the tank was EMPTY empty last I had zero signs of water when checking). Oh and the "TOYOTA" across the back is probably at least a small part of the "running like trash" part.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You Know , It's Funny . In Another " Time Line " Joe Biden NEVER Became POTUS . I Was there for Just a Moment then..........

Direct LINK Down on ATS > ?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-6-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
a reply to: ChiefD

That's what I was thinking as I read. I have 2 cars that run on premium only so no troubles there (mileage in old Trailblazer SS sucks to begin with and a twin turbo 3.6l that admittedly does not as horribly as you'd expect; 17-21 mpg) but I have a 2016 Corolla that was specifically bought for mileage and being able to use 87 without caring much.

Used to regularly pull around 40mpg combined but I've noticed in the past couple months I'm lucky if it hits 31mpg. The thing's a damned Mario Cart shoebox, there's no excuse for that. It's still under 30k miles and I do any needed work myself so I know what's going on in it. Best I can guess based on the mileage combined with running like trash is either there's places already doing this or virtually every station near me is watering (slim chance, when the tank was EMPTY empty last I had zero signs of water when checking). Oh and the "TOYOTA" across the back is probably at least a small part of the "running like trash" part.

What does premium have to do with it?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

Premium in this area is ethanol free. Well the 93, I only use 2-3 stations. There are a few that have 91 I believe.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I actually have a specific tune in my car via the obd port, to run 93. These tunes adjust timing mostly, as well as boost, wast gates, stuff like that, depending on the vehicle. On a good E15 tune you can get more power, but you have to be comfortable enough to do it yourself, and if something goes wrong, it can void your warranty.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Does anyone else still think that there is not an effort to create famine? We already burn 40% of our corn as mandatory ethanol additive to gasoline, now they are going to raise it which causes numerous problems like less food for us and livestock, less food to export, destroying engines, fuel liines and related mechanical components that are not designed for that level of ethanol usage.

Democrats insane.

Biden: You think it is bad now? Hold my beer!

Biden Administration Quietly Raised Amount of Ethanol Required in Gasoline from Ten Percent to Fifteen, Three Predictable Problems Will Surface Soon

theconservativetreehouse.com... fteen-three-predictable-problems-will-surface-soon/

Last Friday the Biden administration raised the mandatory amount of biofuel, specifically ethanol, that must be blended within the U.S. gasoline supply. The previous amount of 10% was raised to 15% by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This is likely to lead to two sets of bigger issues, less food and higher gas prices.

♦ First issue. – The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is a government mandate, passed in 2005 and expanded in 2007, that requires growing volumes of biofuels to be blended into U.S. transportation fuels like gasoline and diesel every year. Approximately 40 percent of corn grown in the U.S. is used for ethanol.

The EPA enforces the biofuel standard by requiring refineries to submit purchase credits (known as Renewable Identification Numbers, or RINs) to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proving the purchases. This enforcement requirement sets up a system where the RIN credits are bought and sold by small refineries who do not have the infrastructure to do the blending process. They purchase second-hand RIN credits from parties that blended or imported biofuels directly. This sets up a secondary income stream, a trading market for the larger oil companies, refineries and importers.

The RIN credit trading platform is similar to what we might expect to see if the ‘Carbon Trading’ scheme was ever put into place.

♦ Third Issue – “Ethanol is a valuable source of octane in finished gasoline, but it is chemically different than petroleum gasoline and cannot be used in concentrations above 10 percent in small engines — like outboard boat motors, motorcycles, lawnmowers, generators or chain saws — or in any cars made before 2001. Complicating matters further, most cars on the road today still aren’t warrantied to run on gasoline with more than 10 percent ethanol.

EPA Raises Amount of Ethanol That Must Be Blended With Gas

www.usnews.com...

Most gasoline sold in the U.S. contains 10% ethanol, and the fuel has become a key part of the economy in many Midwest states. The fuel consumes more than 40% of the nation's corn supply

“Today’s actions will help to reduce our reliance on oil and put the RFS program back on track after years of challenges and mismanagement," said EPA Administrator Michael Regan.

The Renewable Fuels Association, an ethanol lobbying group, criticized the retroactive reduction of biofuels targets but said the future requirements would bring certainty back to the renewable fuel standard, help lower gas prices and set a foundation for future growth.

15% Ethanol is E85 and if your not driving an E85 rated car, your about to have major issues. Not only that, but if that's the case for regular unleaded, then we are being stolen from at the pumps.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thanks Joe ! You Piece Of........

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Does anyone else still think that there is not an effort to create famine? We already burn 40% of our corn as mandatory ethanol additive to gasoline, now they are going to raise it which causes numerous problems like less food for us and livestock, less food to export, destroying engines, fuel liines and related mechanical components that are not designed for that level of ethanol usage.

Democrats insane.

Biden: You think it is bad now? Hold my beer!

Biden Administration Quietly Raised Amount of Ethanol Required in Gasoline from Ten Percent to Fifteen, Three Predictable Problems Will Surface Soon

theconservativetreehouse.com... fteen-three-predictable-problems-will-surface-soon/

Last Friday the Biden administration raised the mandatory amount of biofuel, specifically ethanol, that must be blended within the U.S. gasoline supply. The previous amount of 10% was raised to 15% by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This is likely to lead to two sets of bigger issues, less food and higher gas prices.

♦ First issue. – The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is a government mandate, passed in 2005 and expanded in 2007, that requires growing volumes of biofuels to be blended into U.S. transportation fuels like gasoline and diesel every year. Approximately 40 percent of corn grown in the U.S. is used for ethanol.

The EPA enforces the biofuel standard by requiring refineries to submit purchase credits (known as Renewable Identification Numbers, or RINs) to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proving the purchases. This enforcement requirement sets up a system where the RIN credits are bought and sold by small refineries who do not have the infrastructure to do the blending process. They purchase second-hand RIN credits from parties that blended or imported biofuels directly. This sets up a secondary income stream, a trading market for the larger oil companies, refineries and importers.

The RIN credit trading platform is similar to what we might expect to see if the ‘Carbon Trading’ scheme was ever put into place.

♦ Third Issue – “Ethanol is a valuable source of octane in finished gasoline, but it is chemically different than petroleum gasoline and cannot be used in concentrations above 10 percent in small engines — like outboard boat motors, motorcycles, lawnmowers, generators or chain saws — or in any cars made before 2001. Complicating matters further, most cars on the road today still aren’t warrantied to run on gasoline with more than 10 percent ethanol.

EPA Raises Amount of Ethanol That Must Be Blended With Gas

www.usnews.com...

Most gasoline sold in the U.S. contains 10% ethanol, and the fuel has become a key part of the economy in many Midwest states. The fuel consumes more than 40% of the nation's corn supply

“Today’s actions will help to reduce our reliance on oil and put the RFS program back on track after years of challenges and mismanagement," said EPA Administrator Michael Regan.

The Renewable Fuels Association, an ethanol lobbying group, criticized the retroactive reduction of biofuels targets but said the future requirements would bring certainty back to the renewable fuel standard, help lower gas prices and set a foundation for future growth.

Joe Biden and the people running his administration are all idiots. Keep in mind while reading all the articles about Biden attempting to lower fuel prices, that Joe Biden told the press 3 weeks ago the higher fuel prices were good for Americans and will get us where he wants us to be.

Results of the higher ethanol quantity in gasoline, just mandated by Joe Biden's Administration.

-30% higher corn prices with other crops rising by 20%, according to the National Academy of Sciences.

-Growing more corn for ethanol causes increased amounts of water pollutants from U.S. farms

-Expect more fertilizer use when fertilizer costs are soaring

-More summer smog

-E15 erodes older car engines, gas pumps, storage tanks and pipelines.

-Small refiners will suffer and some will go out of business allowing Elizabeth Warren to moan about the concentration of "Big Oil".
More at: oilprice.com...

Joseph R. Biden, Jr. = Worst President EVER!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Where are all the assholes that support this clown Biden?
If I personally knew a Biden supporter, I would kick their ass just for being so stupid.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Ironically enough on google trends searching about high gas prices isn’t even on the top 20

Here

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: RazorV66

Ironically enough on google trends searching about high gas prices isn’t even on the top 20

Here

Inflation increases follow gasoline price increases about 60 days later. The inflation we're seeing now was caused by gasoline that costs 20% less than it does today. By August, the $5.00 gasoline cost will hit the economy with all products jumping another 15% to 20% more than they cost today.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sure, but apparently people today aren’t even looking into it, golf, pride, and junteenth or whatever the # are apparently what’s on peoples minds more then any of that.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Also I been reading elsewhere that the ethanol thingie is fake and is a rumor.... Forbes just posted about the corn liquor in our gas increase 18 hour ago

NOT FAKE

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join