It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Administration Quietly Raised Amount of Ethanol Required in Gasoline from 10% to 15%

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Does anyone else still think that there is not an effort to create famine? We already burn 40% of our corn as mandatory ethanol additive to gasoline, now they are going to raise it which causes numerous problems like less food for us and livestock, less food to export, destroying engines, fuel liines and related mechanical components that are not designed for that level of ethanol usage.

Democrats insane.

Biden: You think it is bad now? Hold my beer!

Biden Administration Quietly Raised Amount of Ethanol Required in Gasoline from Ten Percent to Fifteen, Three Predictable Problems Will Surface Soon

theconservativetreehouse.com... fteen-three-predictable-problems-will-surface-soon/

Last Friday the Biden administration raised the mandatory amount of biofuel, specifically ethanol, that must be blended within the U.S. gasoline supply. The previous amount of 10% was raised to 15% by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This is likely to lead to two sets of bigger issues, less food and higher gas prices.

♦ First issue. – The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is a government mandate, passed in 2005 and expanded in 2007, that requires growing volumes of biofuels to be blended into U.S. transportation fuels like gasoline and diesel every year. Approximately 40 percent of corn grown in the U.S. is used for ethanol.

The EPA enforces the biofuel standard by requiring refineries to submit purchase credits (known as Renewable Identification Numbers, or RINs) to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proving the purchases. This enforcement requirement sets up a system where the RIN credits are bought and sold by small refineries who do not have the infrastructure to do the blending process. They purchase second-hand RIN credits from parties that blended or imported biofuels directly. This sets up a secondary income stream, a trading market for the larger oil companies, refineries and importers.

The RIN credit trading platform is similar to what we might expect to see if the ‘Carbon Trading’ scheme was ever put into place.

♦ Third Issue – “Ethanol is a valuable source of octane in finished gasoline, but it is chemically different than petroleum gasoline and cannot be used in concentrations above 10 percent in small engines — like outboard boat motors, motorcycles, lawnmowers, generators or chain saws — or in any cars made before 2001. Complicating matters further, most cars on the road today still aren’t warrantied to run on gasoline with more than 10 percent ethanol.

EPA Raises Amount of Ethanol That Must Be Blended With Gas

www.usnews.com...

Most gasoline sold in the U.S. contains 10% ethanol, and the fuel has become a key part of the economy in many Midwest states. The fuel consumes more than 40% of the nation's corn supply

“Today’s actions will help to reduce our reliance on oil and put the RFS program back on track after years of challenges and mismanagement," said EPA Administrator Michael Regan.

The Renewable Fuels Association, an ethanol lobbying group, criticized the retroactive reduction of biofuels targets but said the future requirements would bring certainty back to the renewable fuel standard, help lower gas prices and set a foundation for future growth.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Will I be able to sue the govt for damages to my vehicles from usuing an increasing percentage of ethanol in gas, like how people can sue for damages from taking a vaccine under duress....errrr...wait....nm.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have a carbureted Chevy small block, this is the last thing I need to hear.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Which effects food shortages go figure.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Try getting Cash for those Clunkers now.

All part of the EV conversion plan. And if that price doesn’t come down maybe there will be a monthly fee to join an EV Rental Group that provides a daily that return home at night to recharge and another visits you in the morning. Just check it daily because you would hate to get pulled over for drugs, booze or even guns that were left in your car to be found on a search.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What irritates me is the fact that ethanol lowers your gas mileage. I usually get the higher octane gas with no ethanol because I get better gas mileage and my car runs better. I feel my car doesn’t run very well on 10% ethanol, but since the 0 ethanol costs $5.70/gallon, I’m getting the 10% stuff. I hate it. My car runs like crap, and my gas mileage is not good. I barely drive anywhere. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this. I would never want to run my car on 15% ethanol. I think it would die.

Corn should be used for food, not for fuel.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Try getting Cash for those Clunkers now.

All part of the EV conversion plan. And if that price doesn’t come down maybe there will be a monthly fee to join an EV Rental Group that provides a daily that return home at night to recharge and another visits you in the morning. Just check it daily because you would hate to get pulled over for drugs, booze or even guns that were left in your car to be found on a search.

Yes, the problem is that it will be tied to your 'social credit score' whether you will be able to rent a car service. They want us dependent on the government (EV rent service) and enslaved further by social credit scores , which means if you don't do or say as they want you to , you don't get transportation, food etc.
It will be hell.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

You’ll own nothing and like it.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I already own nothing and hate it.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No.

Youll own nothing and be happy.

Thats to say by medication, fear or genuine, as far as anyone will be able to discern....youll be happy.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It wasn't that quietly, this was covered here on ATS when these idiots first brought it up.

This junk fuel is less efficient, and costs more oil than it saves to produce it.
It's bad for engines, it's bad for farmers.

Old and small engines HATE it. I buy non ethanol at a huge premium for garden tractors, chain saws, wheelers, etc. It destroys carburetors, and if your fuel system isn't air tight it will suck water out of the air until it separates in your fuel tank- low quality gasoline in top of low quality gasoline flavored ethanol mixed with water- like everclear but toxic. No car will run on it at that point.

15% is going to trash any car made before 2012 or so, and if you let your car sit for more than two weeks at a time between fuel ups chances are it will cause you problems too.

Ethanol burns hotter and slower than gasoline, and releases water when it burns.
Drill a drain hole in your muffler, or wait for it to rust out.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised at this point, if their neurolink has something to do with the 'you'll be happy' part.
I remember reading once , don't remember where , klaus schwab saying that we'll experience no emotions anymore.
It's a while since I read that , and google off course will be useless.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

My car is from 2006, what can I do ?

Ugh so angry about this, it's just stress upon stress upon stress, and all because of these psychopathic a**holes

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

This is likely to lead to two sets of bigger issues, less food and higher gas prices

It’ll also cut everyone’s mileage by another 5-10%.

Ethanol simply does not have the energy equivalent in it, and this is one of the last things we need in the face of record fuel prices.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

man thank God, I thought I was only one. its terriable, I got a 07 awd Ford fusion, and I really feel it should be a lot better than it is, it's not even a big car.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Not only is the fuel less and less for more and more, the way emissions testing works every year the engines waste more and more fuel for fewer and fewer miles just to pass the tighter emissions requirements.

It's insanity, and we're all screwed if we don't get our leadership in order soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Ugh so angry about this, it's just stress upon stress upon stress, and all because of these psychopathic a**holes

Most gas stations (at least where I live) have the 93 octane premium fuel, usually has no ethanol. But it’s very expensive now. $5.70/gallon in Wisconsin. If you can afford it, get that for your car. I have a 2003 Olds Alero. 19 year old car still runs pretty good, but not on the 10% ethanol. Some gas stations have ethanol free fuel that is 87-89 octane, but that is probably more costly too. Whatever you do, don’t get the 15% ethanol. It would probably wreck your car. I know it would wreck mine.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: ancientlight

Most gas stations (at least where I live) have the 93 octane premium fuel, usually has no ethanol. But it’s very expensive now. $5.70/gallon in Wisconsin. If you can afford it, get that for your car. I have a 2003 Olds Alero. 19 year old car still runs pretty good, but not on the 10% ethanol. Some gas stations have ethanol free fuel that is 87-89 octane, but that is probably more costly too. Whatever you do, don’t get the 15% ethanol. It would probably wreck your car. I know it would wreck mine.

There’s an app I use for my classic car called Pure Gas. It shows what stations near you have true pumps (non ethanol). It’s pretty accurate and up to date.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How about mixing non e and e gas ?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have a 2020 subaru and the book says it can burn up to ten percent ethanol in gas. More than that voids the warrantee. If there is an engine failure, they do test the oil and the fuel at the Subaru garage and the results are included in with the warantee information sent in to get the warrantee to pay for those failures. According to the mechanic, that happens on every failure of the engine warranted by Subaru. I still have my factory warrantee plus, my extended warrantee we got is a Subaru warrantee. Also the oil changes have to be within the guidelines, We did exceed the time between oil changes, but not the mileage, in fact we have had like five oil changes so far and don't have the mileage yet needed for two oil changes. I guess there is a lenience for time, as long as it is not over three months of six months recommended. Well, we have less than ten thousand miles in two and a half years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join