It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank god we have the 2nd amendment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Like a principal? Or staff room at lunchtime?

Often wondered that myself.

a reply to: Scubalicious

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Trump called rather a lot of things and people ""fake news"" never mind told repeated lies about the coronavirus pandemic.

As pathetic and unreliable as the press and media can be, controlling them or attempting to curtail their freedom of speech, is apt to have the opposite effect, and good luck even attempting such lunacy in the information age in which we exist.

I don't think that lead balloon is ever apt to fly. LoL
edit on 3-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Nope, I mean like President, even Pelosi needs a proper shot, not vodka.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Please read DeBeobachter post near the bottom of the page (in the link provided).. it's a reply to chr0naut......it has many links for you to read.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-6-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Just spit out whatever point you are attempting to make, please.

We know you don't like Gates or Soros, nobody really does aside from others just like them and in their own little 1%er club.

Whats the bet you still have windows on your PC all the same?

it has many links for you to read.

Unless they specifically pertain to the second amendment and guns your off-topic.

Like i suggest a summary or simply making your point may be nice, never mind somewhat less time consuming.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't have a pc......so you lost the bet.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Then thank feck there were no stakes involved then. LoL

Still waiting on you to make a point.

Aside of course from pointing out reading material without any sort of reasoning behind such.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Trump called rather a lot of things and people ""fake news"" never mind told repeated lies about the coronavirus pandemic.

As pathetic and unreliable as the press and media can be, controlling them or attempting to curtail their freedom of speech, is apt to have the opposite effect, and good luck even attempting such lunacy in the information age in which we exist.

This is off topic then 😂

It's the post I replied to.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Then thank feck there were no stakes involved then. LoL

Still waiting on you to make a point.

Aside of course from pointing out reading material without any sort of reasoning behind such.

Off topic.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Not to Ahabstar response.

He's the one mentioning old POTUS you see.

Is Ahabstar also off topic?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Still no summary or even sure what topic you wish to discuss.

Because you refuse to say what you mean or provide a summary of the reading material you wish others to peruse.

What does Bill Gates or George Soros have to do with god and/or the 2nd amendment?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Still not quite sure how Bill Gates or George Soros has anything to do with god or 2A.

Use your big boy words Itisnowagain.

Spit it out?

We get it son, you don't like Bill Gates or George Soros, yet somehow fail to point out their relevance to this thread or even why you decided to introduce them to the discussion.

Do you think Bill Gates or George Soros knows what time it is?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's a reply to this:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

So whats Bill Gates or George Soros got to do with 2A or God?

Control is illusory at the best of times Itisnowagain.

Controlling the press or mass media in the information age in which we exist, in its entirety........that lead balloon is never apt to fly.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Luke 22:36 – Sell Your Cloak to Buy a Sword

I'm hardly qualified to debate scripture with anyone but as far as I can tell like anything its about context.

My take on it, for what little its worth, is that Jesus was talking about himself fulfilling a prophesy.
Jesus wanted to be tried and judged with ordinary criminals as had been foretold, the possession of 'two swords' enabled this qualification.
It doesn't seem to me as some sort of Biblical justification of The Second Amendment when read it in full and in context.

If it was then it is contrary to the whole tone and message of The New Testament which is very much of love, harmony and turn the other cheek.

But as I said, I'm no expert on such matters....and to be honest have no desire to become one.

If I'm being perfectly honest I've never really considered how Cromwell affected or influenced events in other countries apart from the UK and Ireland.
Cromwell's ultimate failings were that he was a bigot, had very little genuine regard for the rights of ordinary men and women and was in fact a complete twat.

edit on 3/6/22 by Freeborn because: Fix quote

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

As far as i can establish the Bible doesn't even mention America or its second amendment, never mind guns for that matter.

If its something that's killed more people than guns all the same, well the Holly Roman Church of St Peter, ticks that box in spades over the years, and then some.

Guns might not kill people, but that organisation sure has, and in the name of God no less.

As to Cromwell was he not a bit of a religious lunatic himself?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Religious folk use scripture as some sort of holy precedence for life today.
I can understand why they would do that; they want their religion to be relevant today....and so they should.
Of course there are parallels between the stories and morals told and taught in The Bible and the modern world.

The Bible doesn't mention many places by name, but that doesn't in itself discount the messages it contains for people living in countries outside of the lands mentioned in The Bible.

I'm just not convinced with the connection between Luke 22:36 and Second Amendment Rights.

I'm very much Agnostic and don't hold with putting forward Biblical scripture - or any religious writing - as support and justification for laws and governance.
But my Agnosticism doesn't blind me from many of the merits of the morals and ethics presented in religious teachings, particularly The New Testament.

Cromwell was a religious zealot and bigot.
His persecution of the Irish and Catholics was brutal and extreme even when judged by the standards of the day and are in my opinion inexcusable.
He did nothing for the Rights of the ordinary men and women of these islands.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I imagine it extends them enormous peace of mind, their religion.

I certainly don't begrudge them their faith.

As to places mentioned in the book, scores of them Freeborn.

en.wikipedia.org...

Aye Cromwell seems to have been a bit of a religious bigoted twat, not that much better, or even worse in some respects to than Charles I.

The "Dissolution of the Monasteries" seems to be what he was responsible for regarding religion. A lot of confiscated lands and wealth in those 900 odd holdings methinks.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

If you are thanking God for the 2nd... MSNBC might call you a white supremacist. 🤡🌎

Video Link:👉 twitter.com...

MSNBC Guest Declares Original Purpose Of Second Amendment “Was To Preserve White Supremacy And Slavery”

Just as sure as the sun comes up in the morning, MSNBC will broadcast another feature about everything being white supremacy.

That’s exactly what happened Thursday as unhinged race baiter Elie Mystal was brought on to discuss the Second Amendment. And guess what… yep, that’s right, it’s white supremacy.

“There was an original purpose to the Second Amendment, but it wasn’t to keep people safe. It was to preserve white supremacy and slavery.”

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join