It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I ask why electric vehicles not self charging

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

My God, some sort of "perpetual motion machine!" What an ingenious and novel idea! I'm stunned it took us until 2022 for someone to come up with this concept.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not exactly a "perpetual motion machine" but way more efficient , Battery's still die parts burn up etc.. It's worth thinking about any concept that will improve our current tech and good ideas come from stupid suggestions sometimes it at least starts the conversation .

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Starting amps...?

Is that the same as running amps?

Calculating dynamo drag connected to motor is DIFFERENT at different speeds...

Properly understanding voltage regulation, and measuring the newton meter DRAG of said generator..

When connected DIRECTLY, the demand is pulling from the point of starting hp.. not continual..

The torque demands...

God it was tiring being in a room of dozens of chosen smart people, to look around and still see that only a few were real players.

So the droning of group think here is something that gets me in circles with the whole denial of ignorance.

The most ignorant of things is speaking WITH certainty, of things not personally experienced..

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
NEXT breadcrumb??

Flywheels?

How much weight? Force generated? How much energy needed to start? How much energy needed to ----> KEEP TURNING

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LastFirst

Top tip: When pretending to have worked on classified projects or be a 'real player'in the engineering field don't act as if college/first semester Uni level optimisation equations and differential torque are advanced concepts - they're very basic mandatory knowlege for a junior/apprentice engineer you clearly haven't grasped and it makes you look a bit silly.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just put an American gas powered generator in it to charge your less efficient and more toxic Commie China battery powered backdoor nations energy supply takeover meme mobile.
4:20,4/20

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My dad's boomer buddy thought he was being hip.
He ran out of juice on the way back from Chicago with his brand new VSM.
The dealer said the range does not include running the heater and accessories.
Lmao.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Top tip: When pretending to have worked on classified projects or be a 'real player'in the engineering field don't act as if college/first semester Uni level optimisation equations and differential torque are advanced concepts - they're very basic mandatory knowlege for a junior/apprentice engineer you clearly haven't grasped and it makes you look a bit silly.

I don't need a protip from you..or anyone..

I worked it , saw it , all around where I say.. and know and have seen.

Were you in san Diego then, doing what, how many called you?

Have you lived my life .?

How many of your relatives worked for DOE..?

How many places have you lived?

How many careers have you had?

See?

I don't know you..

And have seen and done more than most.

Speaking in terms relative, it's too simple for you?

Or does using big words make you feel special?

edit on 20 4 2022 by LastFirst because: More thoughts

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well…

If you placed ductwork behind the grill with a baffle as an air filter to keep the bug parts/juice from gumming up the works. And then narrowed that ductwork as it ran along the bottom of the car to increase the strength of the airflow. And then just so happened to have a couple small turbine generators that really only did extend your range from 300 to 400 miles on a road trip, then it would probably be worth it since the whole thing might add 30 lbs to the weight of the car.

Or maybe do four small generators to the spinning wheels similar to the old bicycle generators in concept. For about 10 lbs and maybe get another 50 miles on a long trip. 450 miles versus 300 is a pretty good improvement for not a lot of weight, drag coefficient, etc.

But what do I know of such things?

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Or maybe do four small generators to the spinning wheels similar to the old bicycle generators in concept. For about 10 lbs and maybe get another 50 miles on a long trip. 450 miles versus 300 is a pretty good improvement for not a lot of weight, drag coefficient, etc.

I don't know those litte bike generators(as an example) produce more power than they use, and they will create drag, and more energy will be used to combat that drag. Dynamic braking though, put free energy back in.
edit on 20-4-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Simple notice of 480v motor pulling less amps than 120v. Doing same work. hmmm. 🍞 Crumbs.

Gearing.. rpms..

Are motors more efficient at different rpms?

Are dynamos efficiency also variable? Is the output variable?

edit on 20 4 2022 by LastFirst because: Clarify point x2

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

They would need a high tech dual battery bank where only half is used while the other charges.😎

A charger could be a small gas engine.😎

Bet some designs exist but are being suppressed 🤫🚬

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Bet some designs exist but are being suppressed 🤫🚬

ORNL had a whole warehouse full.. that's where the govt used to send the prototypes by garage inventors..

Back in the day ....

Oh wait.. what's ORNL...?

Lol... Who even knew what that was 10 seconds ago?
10 years ago?
40 years ago?

Lol...

Is this a protip?

Lmfao....

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Is this a protip?

Lmfao....

I don't think inserting the F in there was very professional.
And kind of unhealthy, you're not supposed to do that.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They are working with a few different charging setups like turbines.
turbine charging

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Key point is go for minor resistance and low yield to be harvested over time.

Daily 30 mile, start stop commute? Pointless decoration. Long trip…some range extension. A 17% range boost would be worth it. For the other part, directing airflow around the car in a useful way and then constriction to increase that airflow strength for your purpose seems a good idea as well. Again, not much in short trips versus long haul.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

to keep you dependant, and CONTROLLABLE

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
EV manufacturers already incorporate regenerative braking.

Everywhere that they can acquire additional power, they do.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

They did build a mile or so of solar roadways in China and Europe. They thought someone was stealing the panels but it turns out they can't be driven on at all.

The panels were damaged beyond usefulness in a couple of weeks and disintegrated to chunks within a month.

There was a bicycle path in Europe they tested but it only lasted a couple of months with nothing heavier than a bicycle on it..

edit on 4 20 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The one thing that would work, is to put permanent magnets into the roads. A coil of wire in the car could charge the batteries while it moved over the magnets. This would extend the range significantly.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join