It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I ask why electric vehicles not self charging

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Have you seen KERS?

They use the kinetic energy of the wheels to charge a capacitor that is used to produce wheel torque for an increase in speed (at least in F1 race cars).

The same can be applied to EV/HFC vehicles as an additional electric source.

There is still loss with friction and movement of electricity around, as AM pointed out, but that is a proven technology.

I think a piezoelectric road, maybe beta radiation batteries included, would be a decent solution to provide constant charging. The transition points between capacitors, batteries needs to move towards losses movement and that means room temperature superconductors. And a method of converting heat to electricity would also help (especially HFC vehicles).

And if your brain works like mine, you would expect that a UFO would be the ultimate recycling solution evah!!

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Take a Physics class and get back to us.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Michigan is planing the nations first charging road.

Michigan’s Department of Transportation and the Office of Future Mobility and Electrification are partnering to make a one-mile stretch of state roadway in Wayne, Oakland, or Macomb counties to allow public transportation and private vehicles to charge while traveling as a part of the Inductive Vehicle Charging Pilot, according to a news release.

Michigan Plans 1st U.S. Charging Road For Electric Vehicles

that's how their going to make up for the sales tax on gas, charge per mile driven on roads.

I also expect the feds to get their cut through the state.

fyi...

Like the Covid-19 Vaccines, Electric Vehicles start losing their charging capacity after xxx charges.

Also, don't buy a USED Electric Vehicle unless the battery is 100% covered by a warranty, because the replacement cost is from $4,500 to $17,500 (as of 2023).

NEW REPORT: www.consumeraffairs.com...

Be a Smart Consumer!

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

you won't catch me buying a EV, i a V8 raw HP power kinda guy. so long as there is any kind of fuel that i can put in the tank and burn the tire down to the rims i will.

i was just pointing out that Michigan has plans for chargingf roads. the reason for that is they have to find a way to make up the TAX money lost due to EV's. the most logical step is to charge you by the mile and how much energy you consume.

edit on 15-3-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join