It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Russia launches 'full-scale' invasion of Ukraine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: putnam6

It does seem that the Ukrainian armed forces Ed are being smashed, but we will see. Conventional war on this scale has not been seen in Europe since WW2. The Balkans was nothing by comparison - although fierce and sectarian.

Trouble is this is a three pronged invasion and Ukrainian forces will likely be surrounded. They need to either organise to fight back properly or stand down. Withdrawing to a defensive ring around Kyiv would make more sense, so they can concentrate what they have.

This could so easily spill out of control and still makes zero sense from Russia’s perspective. It is an insane move. Crippling sanctions and economic blocs will likely force Putin further - and then we will see very serious problems.

This really is not the time for Russian-aligned posters to excuse Putin. It is indefensible. We are all world citizens and we should all stand together against such insanity.

A big difference between excusing Putin to trying to understand his motivations. You can stand all you want, but unless somebody at NATO, the EU, or the US addresses Putin's concerns he can decimate Ukraine while they apply useless sanctions. Any ground NATO gained since 2014 has been lost, and think of the billions in aid and equipment being destroyed. Somebody got paid, some companies got rich and now we will let Russia beat them down again so we can build them back up and repeat and rinse. It's about the money made trying to shift Ukraine from Russian influence to NATO EU influence.

Putin got tired of NATO building a wall around Russia and the Nazi element in Ukraine's leadership doesn't help, along with corrupt American politicians fleecing Ukraine with aid for kickbacks and favors unless you believe Hunter was on the board of Burisma for his business acumen. None of this justifies how far Putin has gone, but you throw in being walled out economically. Along with again if Russia did what NATO did in Ukraine in Mexico we would have been screaming invade too. Unless you are fine with a Mexican version of the Azov Battalion on Texas' Arizona and New Mexico borders?

2 videos that helped me understand much more about Ukraine, it's not about defending Putin, it's about being wary of all sides involved here. Putin, and each and every NATO member, and the current Ukrainian government I don't trust any of them.

Yes yes. All trite. Wall around Russia my arsh. Would NATO ever attack Russia? No they would not. It’s downright lunacy. NATO was, is and always will be defensive. Why have they moved east? Well, likely because Russia invaded most of Eastern Europe during the time os the USSR. THEY have always been the petulant, neurotic and frankly insecure aggressors in this. They have NOTHING to fear from NATO - or had. I imagine they might now.

This is all in Putin’s mind. If we stuck all of the Wests ballistic missile forces and missile defence systems along Russias border, would we use them? No, not unless provoked. IF a dictatorial lunatic acts like a fool, then that will bring the retribution deserved. Putin has effectively destroyed Russia doing this and that will lead to the very thing he said he wanted to prevent.

And yes it is about money, but our debt based idiot society only functions well with peace and prosperity. An escalation like this, a war in Europe does NOT help anyone. Sure, stupid adventures line Iraq, Afghanistan etc make money for the global elite, but they are sufficiently far away to matter very little. This is hugely different. One misstep and the elites piles of fictional money will matter very little.

Where did I say NATO was gonna attack Russia? the point remains that Putin used NATO's, the EU's Uk's an American overt interest in Ukraine as his justification you can scream it isn't right and it's not, but yet it's happening.

Not just walled off militarily, walled off economically from Europe. With the Nazi element was Ukraine ever gonna qualify for NATO anyway

So somewhere somebody either severely miscalculated Russia's intent, or they knew exactly what was gonna happen and probably made moves so it did happen.

The world is no more secure with a NATO, EU, and US-friendly Ukraine than a Russian-aligned Ukraine.

edit on 24-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
twitter.com...

According to multiple sources, there is a battle underway at Kyiv's Hostomel Airport, the base of Antonov Airlines. Aircraft currently at the airport: An-74T; An-225 Mriya; An-26-100

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Russian Airborne Units on the ground already at that place .

twitter.com...
edit on 24-2-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, looks pretty much like Ukraine will fall completely in a day or two. That is pretty grim considering they have a sizeable military force well supplied and backed by some western technology.

Still a stupid move by Putin. If the West pull Russia from the Swift banking system then Russia loses roughly $5-6 billion a week. That would hurt them a lot. But will we do it? I’m not so sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I strongly condemn these actions by Russia and I am planning increased sanctions on Russia and Russian interests.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I'm sure Russia has thought of that. They probably have some sort of alternative system in place, probably using a third-party country that doesn't give a crap about Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, said on Twitter that Russian forces were trying to seize Chernobyl, the site of the worst nuclear accident in history. “This is a declaration of war against the whole of Europe,” he said.
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Well, looks pretty much like Ukraine will fall completely in a day or two. That is pretty grim considering they have a sizeable military force well supplied and backed by some western technology.

Still a stupid move by Putin. If the West pull Russia from the Swift banking system then Russia loses roughly $5-6 billion a week. That would hurt them a lot. But will we do it? I’m not so sure.

Looks like the answer is no.

UK Pushing To Kick Russia Out Of SWIFT, But Germany Says No

Apparently the EU doesn't want to kick Russia off of SWIFT.
So, we're back to token actions that everyone knows are just symbolic.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, said on Twitter that Russian forces were trying to seize Chernobyl, the site of the worst nuclear accident in history. “This is a declaration of war against the whole of Europe,” he said.
twitter.com...

BS. 99% chance that's just propaganda. A radiation release from Chernobyl would hurt Russia as badly as it would anyone else.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I found some pretty good OSInt feeds on Twitter.

Intel Crab
MarQs
Rob Lee

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Didn't Russia say they weren't going to invade?

I guess they were lying.

And didn't the US keep saying they would invade all over the country?

I guess they were telling the truth
edit on 24-2-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I wonder what the screwball Democrat Facist Authoritarian Elites in DC will perpetrate upon the "American" people using this war in Ukraine as an excuse. Gas Rationing? Reinstate the Draft? Limits on cash withdrawls from banks? Lockdowns? Martial Law and gun confiscation?

Never let a good "crisis" go to waste.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I'm sure Russia has thought of that. They probably have some sort of alternative system in place, probably using a third-party country that doesn't give a crap about Ukraine.

europe runs on russian gas.

noone will lift a finger, Putin has europe by the balls.

it's all just pointless posturing.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

Or maybe not.

Europe can survive this winter despite Russian energy giant Gazprom "deliberately" reducing gas supplies, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said Saturday.
"Even in case of full disruption of gas supply from Russia, we are on the safe side for this winter," von der Leyen told the Munich Security Conference, noting that Brussels has already diversified its gas suppliers to be ready in case Gazprom turns off its taps.
"For the time being we would be able to replace the Russian gas with LNG [liquefied natural gas] deliveries that we get from our friends all over the world," she added.

www.politico.eu...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Or maybe not.

Europe can survive this winter despite Russian energy giant Gazprom "deliberately" reducing gas supplies, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said Saturday.
"Even in case of full disruption of gas supply from Russia, we are on the safe side for this winter," von der Leyen told the Munich Security Conference, noting that Brussels has already diversified its gas suppliers to be ready in case Gazprom turns off its taps.
"For the time being we would be able to replace the Russian gas with LNG [liquefied natural gas] deliveries that we get from our friends all over the world," she added.

www.politico.eu...

at what prices, that's the problem.

it would ruin already damaged economy.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Or maybe not.

www.politico.eu...

at what prices, that's the problem.

it would ruin already damaged economy.

And how will Russia's economy suffer through sanctions ?

No one wins.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

US have enough oil to supply EU if the need arises,, the big secret of the Americas oil.

Is not such thing as an oil crisis in the US, is all a corporate creation.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

If it was OK for the US in Kosovo

If what was OK?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Is Russia willing to lose 1 trillion to own Ukraine, I think so...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Like China...lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join