It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Russia launches 'full-scale' invasion of Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Well, this is some kind'a news to wake up to. Don't have much else to add into the OP except, "Everyone should have expected this at the very moment the Western World worked up Nordstream2. If you weren't watching/listening ... you might be surprised.

Happy Turdsday everyone!! People are gonna die.

Link-a- DinkUkraine invasion live updates: Explosions near major cities including capital Kyiv as Ukraine 'attacked from Russia, Belarus and Crimea'
Ukraine latest news as Vladimir Putin orders invasion, with explosions heard in the country's capital Kyiv; Russia threatens other countries with "consequences they have never seen" should they interfere; Ukraine introduces martial law.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If it was OK for the US in Kosovo

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hopefully the Nazi Regime in Kiev will stand alone.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I've got that T-Shirt. Not too much happened there. So, no, nowhere close to the same thing.

Not trying to be a Putin apologist either.

Eastern Europe (white people) is not a place I would want to be involved in a ground war. Those people don't know the word Quit.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Is this on the excuses crib sheet handed out?

Frankly it’s incomparable to what Russia is doing in Ukraine - more in line with the idiotic adventures in to Iraq if anything. However, as Kosovo is European it serves as somewhere with more geographical significance to the events unfolding.

This is an absolutely ridiculous move by Putin, making NO logical sense in any way. NATO has not and would never have attacked Russia. Other countries bordering Russia are already in NATO. Economic sanctions in Russia will be massive and vastly damaging. There is no guarantee Putin wins. NONE of it makes any sense militarily, politically or economically. Perhaps, then, Putin has indeed lost his mind.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I've got that T-Shirt. Not too much happened there. So, no, nowhere close to the same thing.

Eastern Europe (white people) is not a place I would want to be involved in a ground war. Those people don't know the word Quit.

America bombed the snot out of Serbia, a lot of people died.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I wonder what talking points the Russian contingent on here have been given to claim this is justified.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It was. "Freedom and Democracy"

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

Is this on the excuses crib sheet handed out?

Frankly it’s incomparable to what Russia is doing in Ukraine - more in line with the idiotic adventures in to Iraq if anything. However, as Kosovo is European it serves as somewhere with more geographical significance to the events unfolding.

This is an absolutely ridiculous move by Putin, making NO logical sense in any way. NATO has not and would never have attacked Russia. Other countries bordering Russia are already in NATO. Economic sanctions in Russia will be massive and vastly damaging. There is no guarantee Putin wins. NONE of it makes any sense militarily, politically or economically. Perhaps, then, Putin has indeed lost his mind.

Region declares independence, central government cracks down on then, larger power steps in to support new state.

Similar to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I could say why has taken a territory from Syria Golan heights? with no one stopping them? putting sanctions?

claim this is justified

Was Kosovo, Golan heights justified?
edit on 24-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

America bombed the snot out of Serbia, a lot of people died.

And alot of people died the world over when the UK tried to colonise the planet......

You can get down from your ivory tower now.

Humanity always has been and always will be a disgrace and I for one am thoroughly ashamed to be part of humanity, we are repulsive creatures indeed when all is said and done.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Humanity always has been and always will be a disgrace and I for one am thoroughly ashamed to be part of humanity, we are repulsive creatures indeed when all is said and done.

I disagree, entirely.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this will not be a full scale invasion of Ukraine, I imagine the Russians will do what they said they were going to do then stand by.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Yeah, this seems like a real all-or-nothing roll of the dice for Putin.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Russians claimed to have wiped out most of Ukraine's Air defense systems. I'm still waiting for the videos of jets falling down in flames out of the sky like Georgia in 2009.

This is targeted precision strikes of military infrastructure.
Found some sources for Raw footage and images. Will try to add more as i see
caucus war reports
Odessa8436 not English
Some opening highlights
Russian helicopters being shot at by Ukrainian forces around Vyshhorod city in the Kiev Oblast . Flares can be seen deployed.
Ukrainian Su-27 attack aircraft has crossed the border of Romania and later was intercepted by two F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft of the Romanian Air Force of the NATO Air Command.
The Ochakov sea port of Ukraine is also destroyed by Russian ballistic missiles.
Moment Russian cruise missile “Kalibr” hits the Ivano-Frankivsk Airport in Ukraine.

Destroyed Russian tank near Kharkov city. Reportedly targeted by an Ukrainian Javelin anti-tank missile.
A Russian tank was hit in Kharkiv, the bodies of dead Russian soldiers! graphic content warning
Ukrainian military convoy has been targeted/destroyed along side the road by Russian missiles.
Two Russian soldiers have been captured by Ukrainian forces.
Numerous Russian military helicopters over Hostomel town in the Kyiv Oblast. Looks like a Russian Air Assault has started.
Moment Ukrainian military warehouse in Odessa is destroyed by Russian ballistic missiles.
Helicopters of the Russian Armed Forces near Kiev, the direction of Brovary, the Desna River, near the Gostomel military airfield

edit on 2-24-2022 by worldstarcountry because: That's enough. I'm going to rest now.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ukraine should be training up their citizen on guerilla tactics as I think the Russians are there to stay. Their stay should be made uncomfortable until they leave.

It would be folly for any other nation to intervene militarily.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I wonder what talking points the Russian contingent on here have been given to claim this is justified.

It's in the video I posted, but ... any ATSer should know it's about $$$. America dorked-over the new Russian pipeline. That happened yesterday (if I'm not mistaken on the date). Stoopid if you ask me. Should'a left that one alone if the consequences really wanted to be avoided.

Murica let BJ (from England) make the call to the UN this morning. -chuckle-

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Check your history books , these two actions are nowhere near comparable , it's sad to see this line puppeted.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Ukraine should be training up their citizen on guerilla tactics as I think the Russians are there to stay. Their stay should be made uncomfortable until they leave.

It would be folly for any other nation to intervene militarily.

Day late and a dollar short I'm afraid. One of my military buddies over there told me yesterday that Ukraine (at the last moment) eased restrictions on citizen's right to own and possess firearms. Of course, the restrictions on ATMs to amounts less than $180/day followed. How stoopid. -chuckle-

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It's already a full scale invasion. This is no longer just focused on the two disputed oblasts and Russia now has troops invading from Belarus and Crimea.

If a three pronged attack that is leading to shelling/bombing occurring in many major cities in the country isn't a full scale invasion, then what constitutes one?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Depending on how sleepy joe fumbles this, I'd keep an eye on china/Taiwan. This would be the time china makes their move.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join