It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Being Too Sensitive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Nope not at all. I would have a problem with this as well. This is not for schools to introduce to kids at all!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EdumakatedWell, so that must be the reason why we were treated to fleeting pics of gay guys kissing during the basketball game last night. It was “almost subliminal”, as one of our friends put it.

But seriously, parents are beginning to stand up about some of the disturbing things that are happening in their kids schools, whether it’s vaccine mandates, mask mandates, or that rape that occurred in a school bathroom recently ... actually the students did a walk out on that last one. Oh yes and CRT also the parents are standing up against. But the nanny gov says your children belong to the State and you have no right to guide your own child’s education. This is what was really going on with Common Core, and the educational system since John Dewey(he was a signer of the Humanist Manifesto btw).
Prof Antony Sutton wrote about Dewey believing children are just cogs in the wheel in his book,”America’s Secret Establishment-How The Order Controls Education”

edit on 29-10-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Fri Oct 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2021 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I just wanted to add something else. I think no matter what you are seeing, and what concerns you, don’t let anyone make you feel bad. You are doing the most human thing on earth. You are being a good parent.

Here’s another tidbit of advice.

Just love your kids. Give them all the love you can humanly give them.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Children that age do not need to be introduced to concepts they can not understand.

Most parents spend a good portion of their time trying to maintain and protect their child's innocence. It is a treasured time of simple purity. Introducing these concepts is an entirely unnecessary violation of the child's right to pass through childhood unmolested in thought or deed, their right to be a child.
edit on 29-10-2021 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yep. I think lots of folks forget who their roommates were in college and early life. Most of us started out adulthood in a communal living arrangement with one or more same sex roomies like Bert and Ernie. And most of aren't gay.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yep. I think lots of folks forget who their roommates were in college and early life. Most of us started out adulthood in a communal living arrangement with one or more same sex roomies like Bert and Ernie. And most of aren't gay.

I never assumed Bert and Ernie were a couple. However, I could see why people assume that given current climate and social norms.

I remember as a kid my mother would sometimes pick up her church choir director and pianist. They lived together. I didn't know it at the time, nor did I care.... it was only till I got much older that I realized they were they were a gay couple.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Please elaborate.

Alright then. You've heard the term "Right makes might"? As it refers to
a persons level of ability and power to oppose and defeat an aggressive
opposition. Is greatly increased when defending what is righteous and/or
morally correct.

Can one be to sensitive when defending what is morally correct?
How can there be an "Over reaction" to any aggressive opposition.

Make no mistake in what you're looking at as it is openly aggressive
opposition and it doesn't matter where it's coming from. Teaching
your children against what you believe or know to be right? And
forcing you to accept it? Whether you realize it or not it's an act
of war. And a fire wouldn't be an over reaction. You can't be civilized
with these lollipops trying to divide your house. I don't know about
you at all but you can't over react. And your wife should back you up
to whatever end.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Remember yourself at that age... whomever was the center of your world where'd they go? You're still right there being you. For many children Barney, Sponge bob etc. remember your own innocence and try not to soil them with your (you now)experience, keep it at a you then experience, for a better one.

Keeping yourself at that; Helps you see into their world and bridge the slight differences... Remember that toy car that was the center of your world? Parents said "no." When they put you in that place or shoes? "My parents won't buy me that either." is a better and more realistic response. Remember they see YOU not the labels others have heaped over "time."

I was "duped" for over twenty years thinking a child from a previous marriage was "mine." Finding out he wasn't was more painful than anything even the fear of death vanished. But in the end greed is greed, hate is hate, lust is lust... and fortunately they can never be anything else... not even the mask of them called "emotions." On the flip side but not equal nor opposite love is love, joy is joy etc. confusing those as opposites instead of entirely different things and experiences has never done anyone or the world any good whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Personally. I think Bert and Ernie are enough. They clearly lived together, and my point was that there reasons why that happens. Children only need to know it can; they don't necessarily need to know why.

It's also not wrong to celebrate high achievers, and again, kids can celebrate them for years without needing to know the fullest measure which may wait until the kids are older and exploring human sexuality.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol I remember when I worked for Volkswagen. There was a commercial that showed 2 guys picking up a couch and putting it on top of their Golf to bring back to their apartment. Oh the hate calls and emails we received for "supporting a homosexual" lifestyle. I was thrown off, I had assumed they were like college age and roommates or something. I didn't get that other vibe at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Our creators made man and women go together.

If really can't be more straight forward and simple.

These people have brains that are malfunctioning and cant bring mind and body together.

Most have been abused and suffering from mental abuse issues From prior trauma.
Some just got hit on the head..

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So I dropped my daughter off at pre-school this morning. My daughter is four years old. In the lobby of the school they always have pictures up of famous people that get changed out each month. For example, during black history month, there would be a bunch of pictures of important black history makers. Keep in mind this is PRE-SCHOOL... the ages of the kids are 2 to 5. So basically a school for kids right before they enter kindergarten.

So what am I being sensitive about?

I noticed this morning that apparently it is LBGTQ month. I never knew there was an LBGTQ month. Anyway, the school had all these pictures of up of celebrities, politicians, and others in the alphabet community.

I guess where I am asking if I am being sensitive is if this is appropriate for pre-schoolers? It just seems they are to young to even know what LBGTQ means contextually. If they are too young to know what being an LBGTQ means (since it essentially is a sexual identity), it just seems inappropriate to be promoting it.

There are a few kids in my daughters class who have two moms and two dads. I really don't care what people do in the bedroom. it is one thing to just easily explain how my daughter's friend just has two mommies.... an entirely different thing to introduce the concept of a lesbian or whatever.

It just caught me off guard like when I saw an ad for Drag Queen Story Time at the library. Just seems inappropriate.

Flame away...

Yes, I do think it is a little too sensitive. I understand where you're coming from, as you may see this as a perverse indictrination. But look at it with a different light. They will grow up and see society not access the people for who they feel they truly are. They are this way. And society looks down on them. By showing its okay, it instill a thought process that it is okay to be who you are. There's no need to worry about others telling you how to be, how to act, what you should like. This is a real problem with society. We create barriers. We limit ourselves and hold thresholds over others that we say they cant go beyond. Basically, we do hold people back from living their best life. All for what? Because it is different. That is a consistent trend throughout human kind's brief history on this planet.

When we, as people, put up pictures of those in the "alphabet community" we show our children of the next generation its okay to be you. Its okay. This isnt a constant shove down your throat thing. Its no different than the "We Can Do It" movement for strong female movement. These are things that can be beneficial for the growth of human kind. Accept those who are different than you. Theres no need to harm yourself because others cant accept you. There's no need to worry about others harming you because you accepted yourself.

Unfortunately, we do not live in such a world.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

These people have brains that are malfunctioning and cant bring mind and body together.

I do not think this is "their" minds malfunctioning.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExiledSpirit777

originally posted by: Bloodworth

I do not think this is "their" minds malfunctioning.

A huge majority of them have brain injuries either through something physical or from a traumatic experience of mental abuse.
Their minds and bodies are not in sync.
Humans are pushed by temptation all the time.
Only the weak cave in.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
No, you are not being too sensitive.

We are living in a world being taken over by evil, manipulative, gaslighting, narcissistic sociopaths. We are vermin until only a fraction of the population is all that is left. Children will soon be killing parents in their sleep. I know that this sounds whack-a-doodle, but this is the world in which we are now living. I am not saying this as a knee jerk reaction to the stupidity of today, but to even give a bit of an objective look at our recent past and our present, it’s logical to conclude that tomorrow is going to be rather messy.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

imo, you have every right to feel the way you do. Sexual identity has no place on schools' walls, period. It's wrong and you see that so keep your wisdom and sensitivity!! It's the right thing to do.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So I dropped my daughter off at pre-school this morning. My daughter is four years old. In the lobby of the school they always have pictures up of famous people that get changed out each month. For example, during black history month, there would be a bunch of pictures of important black history makers. Keep in mind this is PRE-SCHOOL... the ages of the kids are 2 to 5. So basically a school for kids right before they enter kindergarten.

So what am I being sensitive about?

I noticed this morning that apparently it is LBGTQ month. I never knew there was an LBGTQ month. Anyway, the school had all these pictures of up of celebrities, politicians, and others in the alphabet community.

I guess where I am asking if I am being sensitive is if this is appropriate for pre-schoolers? It just seems they are to young to even know what LBGTQ means contextually. If they are too young to know what being an LBGTQ means (since it essentially is a sexual identity), it just seems inappropriate to be promoting it.

There are a few kids in my daughters class who have two moms and two dads. I really don't care what people do in the bedroom. it is one thing to just easily explain how my daughter's friend just has two mommies.... an entirely different thing to introduce the concept of a lesbian or whatever.

It just caught me off guard like when I saw an ad for Drag Queen Story Time at the library. Just seems inappropriate.

Flame away...

You are not being too sensitive.

My girls are a little older than your daughter but the same sh1t happens in grade school. I’ve had to have more than one talk to explain to them what all of this means - including the “I don’t care what people do with each other but…” conversation - and they together are less than 18 years old.

You’re a good parent. Screw that lefty BS. Raise your girl to be a high minded, strong and confident little lady.

I’m a jerk. But my girls are awesome, confident, smart, well behaved and upstanding little ladies. Judge me by them and I’ve done well as a human (and I’m not just saying that - they are third-party verified) - and that’s what matters.

Good on you for noticing and caring - this is all out of control.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ExiledSpirit777

Except we also live in a world where who we sleep with is not our most important characteristic. And in order to explain to these children why exactly these high achieving individuals are being held up on this particular month, you have to go into topics they aren't really aware of because they aren't physically really ready to be. The ones who are likely have been inappropriately exposed to things (abused/molested).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join