It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Being Too Sensitive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So I dropped my daughter off at pre-school this morning. My daughter is four years old. In the lobby of the school they always have pictures up of famous people that get changed out each month. For example, during black history month, there would be a bunch of pictures of important black history makers. Keep in mind this is PRE-SCHOOL... the ages of the kids are 2 to 5. So basically a school for kids right before they enter kindergarten.

So what am I being sensitive about?

I noticed this morning that apparently it is LBGTQ month. I never knew there was an LBGTQ month. Anyway, the school had all these pictures of up of celebrities, politicians, and others in the alphabet community.

I guess where I am asking if I am being sensitive is if this is appropriate for pre-schoolers? It just seems they are to young to even know what LBGTQ means contextually. If they are too young to know what being an LBGTQ means (since it essentially is a sexual identity), it just seems inappropriate to be promoting it.

There are a few kids in my daughters class who have two moms and two dads. I really don't care what people do in the bedroom. it is one thing to just easily explain how my daughter's friend just has two mommies.... an entirely different thing to introduce the concept of a lesbian or whatever.

It just caught me off guard like when I saw an ad for Drag Queen Story Time at the library. Just seems inappropriate.

Flame away...

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
No you are just a sane thinking person.

You are not oversensitive.

The people doing this are desensitized to sexualizing innocent small children.

You are perfectly normal.

edit on 28.10.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm sorry, in clown world, it's wrong to consider your child's position with regard to the letters. Perversion and sexual exploitation are key to getting small children to normalize deviant behavior at an early age. In normal land, the sexual habits of people would remain in the bedroom, and we would all act like we had some smarts in public. Hope that helps. Honk honk!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It's always intelligent to have a conversation with your kid and learn how they feel before you react to their learning environment, unless it's obvious they are in physical or emotional peril. Like being assaulted in a bathroom by a so called trans student, for example.

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's always intelligent to have a conversation with your kid and learn how they feel before you react to their learning environment, unless it's obvious they are in physical or emotional peril. Like being assaulted in a bathroom by a so called trans student, for example.

but at some point, don't we all have to look at kids and wonder why they should even have to think about this kind of junk at 3 and 4 years old? Why can't they just worry about blocks, crayons, and playing?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This is the same ole Burt and Ernie are gay storyline.
Burt and Ernie are puppets made for little children.

They are not gay...

They are not bi...

They are not straight...

They are made to help teach kids how to be friends.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with you. The world has gone crazy. I understand at some point parents / teachers feel the need to explain why some families have two same sex parents. However in your situation I believe it is inappropriate. Somewhere along the line of explaining this to children there has to be a gradual introduction, without the sexuality part. I feel so lucky my kids are old enough that I don't have to have this discussion, because there is so much to it, I'm not sure I would do it properly nor when the most appropriate time would be.
When I was in school ,sexual education was in Grade 7. We were 12/13. When my kids were in school, grade 5. The teachers claimed if they waited till grade 7 it was too late. So it keeps getting younger and younger. Where do you draw the line between what kids need to know and what level of maturity they need to be at to properly understand the information they are being given?

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
What "conversation" can you have with a five year old about sexuality and feeling about a complicated concept like this?

They don't get the concept and it is nothing that should be actively engaged as a topic.

There are things a 5 year old can not process, do not get me started on a 2 year old just learning words.

This is just wrong and no amount of examples, strawmans or moving the goal post will change this.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

We should tell four year olds how abortion works too.
I'm sure that would go over well.

I mean if they are old enough to be told about sexual preferences they are old enough to hear about sexual consequences.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

When my kid was in preschool, she identified more with the house cat than with anyone ever from the LBGTQ community.

Hope that helps in someway.

link   

Times have changed, in my day there were ABC's and Apples on the wall.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
That would be a logic consequence if we contemplate a horrible world where this is acceptable.

Also teach them that some adults, most of the time it's those that start engaging conversations about sexuality with little kids, are to be avoided like plague.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The "Q" means "queer".

Photos of people fitting that description would be highly entertaining on the wall...especially as we move towards Halloween.

Your daughter should get a kick out of those pictures!

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No, it's not being too sensitive. What people seem to always overlook is that homosexuality isn't love, it's a sexual attraction. Love is love. A man can love another man and a woman can love another woman - that has nothing to do with wanting to have sex with them. Promotion of homosexuality is promotion of being sexually attracted to and/or wanting to engage in sexual activity with other people. Most people would consider it grossly inappropriate to go up to a 2-5 year old and say "Hey, that lady over there really has some nice tits, doesn't she? Look at that nice round behind, too!". Anytime "gay pride" or whatever is pushed on people, what those behind it are really saying is "Hey, you should want to have sex with other people, specifically those of the same sex as yourself!".

Why not just tell kids to care about and be kind to one another? This agenda to push sex on children everywhere is spiritually evil.
edit on 10/28/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I noticed this morning that apparently it is LBGTQ month. I never knew there was an LBGTQ month.

But June is LGBT Pride Month.

So what, now the queers get an additional month to celebrate their 'Q'??

Why stop there. Might as well give them each a month.
June = L Pride
July = G Pride
August = B Pride
September = T Pride
October = Q Pride

I think there's already a couple more letters who can have November and December.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I actually have an early memory from nursery and there was this one kid who liked to dress up like a girl. He was my friend and I didn't think anything bad of it, we were just playing as children do. The supervisors didn't make a fuss about it either because they understood that children express themselves as they see fit.

We had no idea what sex was at that age and if an "adult" had tried telling us about it at that time in our life we would have had a wtf moment.

My friend grew up and he is learned that he is gay. As far as I know he is now happily married to his love.

Children at that age are too young to understand such things and I think that you are well within your right to be horrified by this.

It's akin to grooming.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

but at some point, don't we all have to look at kids and wonder why they should even have to think about this kind of junk at 3 and 4 years old? Why can't they just worry about blocks, crayons, and playing?

As if you could actually force kids not to explore and ask questions. The idea is to make sure they learn.

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
What "conversation" can you have with a five year old about sexuality and feeling about a complicated concept like this?

They don't get the concept and it is nothing that should be actively engaged as a topic.

There are things a 5 year old can not process, do not get me started on a 2 year old just learning words.

This is just wrong and no amount of examples, strawmans or moving the goal post will change this.

I thought this was about gender, not sexual reproductive materials?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Conversations with four-year-old children are not exactly "intelligent." Don't try to shame me into saying they are; it won't work. You are wrong.

For-year-old kids need instruction. They need teaching. They need to be taught that sexual perversion us destructive, immortal and sick.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Disney does too.
I believe that's just really popular.
And if I want to be put on a leash I don't show that in public, or my 3 year olds.
But I got the right to express my self however I identify today.
Pirate ! Arrrgh!
Lol
I think we should all just shrug and keep doing our own colourful.
Why not letting children have self confidence with experimenting in terms of identity.
That's not sexual.
It's just be who you are.
And if you feel your category isn't well represented, may I suggest
you do something about it.
Some traits maybe just correspond better with a certain ... faboulessnessèsssessesss
I'd defend everybody's right to be the colourful dumbass they are!
That's not sexual. It's Identity.
So if you feel your own uniqueness needs to be known, go ahead.

But I'd pledge children get the fool's freedom until 12.
And I want to live in a world of unique dumbasses.
So let my people be, Babylon.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The issue here isn't about answering questions. It's about shoving it in kids faces when they are too young to even understand the concept of sexuality.

Once again, this cat is you:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join