It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Being Too Sensitive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: TzarChasm

Welcomed?

He wasn't excluded from anything, he was just expressing himself and nobody judged him for it.

It's people like you that make a big deal about it. Natural progression is real whether it fits your narrative or not.

People like me? I don't know what that means. Why am I part of the problem?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=26185172]trollz[/post

Why not just tell kids to care about and be kind to one another? This agenda to push sex on children everywhere is spiritually evil.

Yes to this! I'm all for rights for all groups of people but at the early ages a working example is enough like two moms/two dads can be answered by "they love each other" the sexual part is irrelevant. Even having enough people of other races working in schools/ or students promotes equality while posters advertising black history month could make kids see others of different skin tone as separate somehow.

When my kids were in kindergarten/grade one they were in a programs called roots of empathy/seeds of empathy. One was structured around a parent bringing a newborn baby to the class and the kids follow the babies progress for the year, involving themselves in discussing how the baby is feeling, how it develops and grows. In short they bond with the idea of parenting and develop their empathy. The other program was partly done at a local public garden and the kids learnt about starting seeds, the routine care needed with the idea of priding themselves on having the empathy to nurture life. I think these programs do way more toward raising better citizens, future parents, self sufficiency than any posters celebrating some random day, week or month. There are much better ways to get children to connect with others in a respective, reflective manner. I feel that black history month, women's day, lgbtq month (and I'm bi) are token gestures to placate people and sometimes allows a blindness to corruption in the system to be hidden.

Roots of Empathy

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So I dropped my daughter off at pre-school this morning. My daughter is four years old. In the lobby of the school they always have pictures up of famous people that get changed out each month. For example, during black history month, there would be a bunch of pictures of important black history makers. Keep in mind this is PRE-SCHOOL... the ages of the kids are 2 to 5. So basically a school for kids right before they enter kindergarten.

So what am I being sensitive about?

I noticed this morning that apparently it is LBGTQ month. I never knew there was an LBGTQ month. Anyway, the school had all these pictures of up of celebrities, politicians, and others in the alphabet community.

I guess where I am asking if I am being sensitive is if this is appropriate for pre-schoolers? It just seems they are to young to even know what LBGTQ means contextually. If they are too young to know what being an LBGTQ means (since it essentially is a sexual identity), it just seems inappropriate to be promoting it.

There are a few kids in my daughters class who have two moms and two dads. I really don't care what people do in the bedroom. it is one thing to just easily explain how my daughter's friend just has two mommies.... an entirely different thing to introduce the concept of a lesbian or whatever.

It just caught me off guard like when I saw an ad for Drag Queen Story Time at the library. Just seems inappropriate.

Flame away...

You are ENTIRELY correct.

The "overly sensitive" ones are the FREAKS who push to introduce concepts of sex to primary school kids.

Sex grooming.
Period.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You are not overreacting, never feel bad for wanting accountability from your child's school. You are not wrong

Nor is the school necessarily wrong or doing anything too off the wall. It all depends, are they actually educating or are they glamorizing/promoting it? Nobody but the left wants to see over-sexualized youth, but there is also a good chance of them encountering some of this LGBT individuals in their time at school eventually (maybe should be a Jr High thing instead of Pre-K)

This is a good bit different than the critical race theory nonsense which is 1) nonsensical on its face and 2) intentionally seeks to single out people by race to make them feel bad (ie: racism).

One of my daughter's closest friends is a gay male. He is actually a very nice guy. As long as they are "teaching" vs indoctrinating on the subject you should be OK. I do think it is way too early though.

Just my 2c
edit on 10/28/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Mentioned it to my wife and she thinks im over reacting...

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
No, it's a normal reaction.

Same as anyone, kids shouldn't have anything sexual of any nature put before them until they are able to understand sexuality itself.

Priming children to think s certain way, and bias thier opinions years before their own thoughts on the subject start to form. That's just an awful thing to do to children in any subject which they aren't able to articulate in their own mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Sounds like they are starting to groom them at a younger age. They must be warming up to creepy joe.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I noticed this morning that apparently it is LBGTQ month. I never knew there was an LBGTQ month.

But June is LGBT Pride Month.

So what, now the queers get an additional month to celebrate their 'Q'??

Why stop there. Might as well give them each a month.
June = L Pride
July = G Pride
August = B Pride
September = T Pride
October = Q Pride

I think there's already a couple more letters who can have November and December.

You have to be inclusive and tag on some numbers and mathematic symbols.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I'm worried you may have an issue with confidence but I haven't
read thru the entire thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   
As a parent you have an effect on your children no school or teacher has so it's up to you how your child grows.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I should imagine the kids don't know who these people are or even care enough to ask.

I do find it odd however.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

I'm worried you may have an issue with confidence but I haven't
read thru the entire thread.

Please elaborate.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Am I Being Too Sensitive

In the not to far off distant future.

We're gonna be living an episode of Stargate SG-1, and we've turned ourselves in to the Asgard.

They ended up killing themselves for ALL their stupid choices.

Indoctrinating kids before they've even hit puberty is stupid as it gets.

Not too sensitive.

What the State, and schools having been doing to children is criminal.
edit on 29-10-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Am I Being Too Sensitive?

Yes you are snowflake.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

For God's sake don't say that out loud, the alphabet people will be angry.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just go to the office and ask them when it’s going to be “white Anglo-Saxon redneck honky “ month. And don’t forget to video tape it…….

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Yes you are snowflake.

Care to logically explain your position on the topic or is that beyond your mental capabilities?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Yes you are snowflake.

Care to logically explain your position on the topic or is that beyond your mental capabilities?

Definitely beyond my capabilities.

You asked a simple questions, and I was able to give you a simple answer. That I was able to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join