It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone online, watch this Volcano stream Right Now!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
okay...I'm going to away now but I had a lot of fun.

As a matter of fact I will still be having a lot of fun just not here.

Have fun, enjoy and try to think a little about all the poor people who lost everything to this volcano.

Enjoy the show, I know I will...

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It is so much more fun to watch the live at night as able to make out changes in the eruption. Also when new vents open up besides it so mesmerizing to watch the lava at night. Not sure if u saw the bottom of the base on the left open up yesterday night had a new flow going was awesome to see what direction it was going to take. Nature is something else never know what to expect with this one always changing everyday.

a reply to: drinkbeker

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A tsunami from a little landslide like this wouldnt be as destructive as the Japanese one.
It would be a little splash yes, locally maybe but not the slow and far reaching rising sea we saw. Remember that it was a large area of sea bed that was lifted. 30m wave on the east coast from a bit of rock is a wrong laymen's model IMO

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: drinkbeker

I'm still observing. It's still flowing so I'm still watching.

I feel for the people that lost their homes. I think it's awesome that everyone has survived.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Something a little strange has happened.

The volcano is producing gravitational waves. Videos are out there showing the waves - it's not the same as shock waves.

Apparently, scientists have never observed one from volcanos before. I wanted to see exactly how powerful this has to be to produced one and all sorts of overly complicated info about warping space/time came up. Nothing I fully understood.

So I took to youtube and twitter. So I found one person who theorized the waves probably were caused by pressure from the uplift of the plates. It was mixed in with end of the world theories so I don't have a lot of confidence in their explanations.

I'm hoping there some smart person out there who can explain these waves?

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Gravity waves would not be visable but possibly felt like changes in the force of gravity.

If this is what you are referring to then it is a shock wave form an explosion.

edit on 10 4 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

No, according to the experts (found it on the Smithsonian Website), they were gravity waves:

volcano.si.edu...

"the rising plume created gravity waves that looked like ripples moving away from the top of the plume."

Which is weird because when I googled Lapalma and gravitational waves this article came up about a 2017 study about gravitational waves being doen on Lapalma. warwick.ac.uk...

edit on October 4th 2021 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I saw the photos of that.
Good find /detective work Daughter2, thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Looking into this, I see that gravity waves, and gravitational waves are distinct things.

The Wikipedia entry for gravity waves (Wikipedia gravity wave )
has the comment

This article is about the movement of fluids. For the phenomenon of general relativity, see Gravitational wave

The first is a fluid phenomena, the second is what the Warwick site was talking about.

edit on MonamMon, 04 Oct 2021 05:02:59 -0500k5931amMon, 04 Oct 2021 05:02:59 -05002 by Darkstar2 because: Improve grammar

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Ok, these are not shock waves. They are mass waves.

I can see how the moving of mass amounts of dense substances that are in liquid form can be measured as gravity waves with the right instruments. I think this is created much the same way as waves on a pond when a stone is thrown in.

In this case, large amounts of liquid rock is being expelled and added to the local mass of the volcano that is called an island. This is not a smooth flow as there are variations in density because of the material making up the liquid and gasses trapped within it. As the variations in mass are added at varying rates, the local pull of gravity changes. It may be observable in this case because the area is isolated from surrounding land by the fact it is an island.

It is like measuring the pull of gravity then rolling a hundred ton boulder nearby. The pull will change as the boulder nears then rolls on farther away. It is mostly not noticeable but is still there. The specific circumstances of this volcanic eruption might be making it more noticeable.

I do not think it has any thing to do with worping spacetime.

edit on 10 4 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Think one of the cone walls just collapsed, lava flows look to have increased as well. Very beautiful and explosive right now.

edit on 4/10/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Thank you and thank you Darkstar.

Yes, I thought gravity waves were the same as gravitational waves. A little embarrassing.

But this is the first time gravity waves have been detected in volcano eruptions, so it has to be pretty powerful.

Also, I did confirm that LaPalma was the site for gravitational (the warping space/time waves) experiments. There's a special telescope on the island to detect gravitational waves. LaPalma is one of the main astronomy research centers in the world - something about the island with a steep slop and the lack of light pollution.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The waves you're referring to have nothing to do with gravitation, probably better described as the transfer of energy between two mediums which have variations in density in order to restore equilibrium between them.

Despite what people will claim the direct detection of gravitational waves and the LIGO experiment are far from conclusive. It's like detecting a mouse farting from the other side of the world. The apparatus is so sensitive that personally i'm far from convinced. As for a volcano having the power to produce a detectable gravitational wave, not a chance.

Anyone who claims to understand gravity doesn't understand gravity. The entire phenomenon is based on incomplete and debatable theory. I'm no expert in physics although i seem to be able to hold my own against those on this board who claim to be.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I very much doubt the mass would have any noticeable effect on the local gravitational force. I think it's more the variance in density and subsequent transfer of energy back and forth to reach equilibrium which creates the waveform.

Phage will be along shortly to shoot us both down.

Whenever you need a good scientific analysis, just provide a bad one from a place of authority. Right now he's at home asleep and just woke up, ears burning and eyes twitching knowing someone is peddling bad science.

As a thought experiment i'm imagining like a rubber ball being dropped to the floor, as it bounces up and down to reach its stationary resting point it would disperse it's energy in a wave like pattern. The gravity is causing the ball to fall but remains unchanged.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I am thinking like in the movie ‘Red October’, the instrument is the problem. In the movie, it gave the identification as magma displacement because it was designed to be able to detect them and eliminate them as a threat. With this volcano, there is actual magma displacement and the gravitational instruments are detecting the variations in moving mass as gravity waves simply because that is what it reads.

The moving magma is causing changes in the local mass of the ground and the ground is settling to become more stable. This is observable as waves but not necessarially anything odserved before because of specific circumstances with this volcano. The isolation from most man made influences and using the wrong instruments to measure it is causing the confusion.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Yes I don’t imagine it’s a good idea to try detecting tiny shifts in the curvature of space time while there’s earthquakes shaking the ground below you.

Do you have a link to the article which describes the gravity waves at this volcano? I can probably give a better critique and see what’s causing the confusion. Wouldn’t be the first time journalists have reported on science of which they completely misrepresented and misunderstood.

edit on 5/10/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Still watching

couple hours ago another collapse happened, at this minute giant boulders, bigger then the houses are still rolling down the lava stream

and a mod in the live stream just shared this link:

La Palma volcano eruption already biggest on the island in more than 100 years

la palma updates

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Here's a Washington post article that explains what happened with the gravity waves:

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yes, this makes more sense.

The volcano isn't having any effect on gravity, quite the opposite, as the air pressure and temperature changes due to the rising heat from the eruptions, the atmosphere is trying to find balance between the hot air / more dense gases and surrounding environment, the pulsating nature of the eruptions is what's causing the concentric wave form looking clouds. Gravity remains a constant in this process.
edit on 5/10/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Another partial collapse of the cone wall, just dumped a river of lava on the mountainside.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join