It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is burning and you are at fault.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Do you think deplatforming 70 million people is in your best intertest?

Why dont you knock off the hyperbole though. A very minute fraction of that number were banned.

When people like you make these absurd over-inflated claims it speaks directly to what started all this in the first place. Lies, created by baseless conspiracy theories, that were born on obscure websites, that the overwhelming majority do not visit, regurgitated onto social media platforms, goes viral amongst other whackos, culminating in the US Capitol being violently encroached where people die, and the even smaller fraction spending a large chunk of their life in prison.

So how about you do something truly patritic, use verifiable numbers that reflect reality, stop mimicking Trump and Jr., and show that at the very least, your position has merit thereby strengthening the optics of what you represent and not making things worse for whatever side it is you believe you're fighting for.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

So how about you do something truly patritic, use verifiable numbers that reflect reality, stop mimicking Trump and Jr., and show that at the very least, your position has merit thereby strengthening the optics of what you represent and not making things worse for whatever side it is you believe you're fighting for.

I'm for the side of freedom of speech and expression, I would also like some consistency across the board when riots by liberals are supported and that speech is not labeled inciting violence when it did on a rather big scale.

When these platforms remove conservative view points and label them hate speech, systemic racisms, inciting violence what does that do to the 70+ million? You want hyperbole? How about listening to it for 4+ years as liberals preached it daily across MSM and social media. In 2020 the liberals normalized violence and riots as a good thing well enjoy what they supported and created. Its exercising one's rights when they do it but is the darkest day in America's history if conservatives do it... Give me a break..

To be honest I'm going to sit back and watch the show eating my popcorn just as I did as the liberals rode their crazy train for these past 4 years.

edit on 14-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizona2

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Arizona2

no, it isn't false equivalence! thie issue is the group, not the individual.

in your example you cite the individual.

But it is
They're not banning theaters
The're limiting patronage to a theater

Let me get this straight.

Amazon banned parler.

Parler lets people in to it's site. Limiting patronage would be Parler limiting who can be in the site, or what can be said.

In the movie theatre scenario, the movie theater itself can limit who comes in, so they are like Parler. Theatres can ban people for various reasons.

Amazon would then be the mall, strip mall, or leased building banning the theatre from being put in so no one has a chance to scream fire.

If a theater can not get permission to build in one place, they can find another place else where.

Does Parler have the same opportunities? Maybe if Amazon, google, facebook, twitter, and etc do not act like the mafia, or own most of the hosting places Parler can use. If so, that would make them a monopoly. Problem, someone even bigger than Amazon may be playing that roll of mafia/monopoly. Gives Parler little to no other opportunities.

Interesting Alex Jones saw this coming. In one of his videos, he said it cost him 30 million to create his own infrastructure and satallite uplink, so no one can take him down like they took Parler down. Not many have that kind of money. It would take a lot of time to set up.

Amazon hosts twitter. I'm not sure if it owns Twitter.

Amazon is basically banning the theatre/Parler so no one can cry fire.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I believe they were removed because of those organising the coup and riots and their inflammatory nature. They will probably be back after the dust has settled and besides I imagine authorities are going through them all with a fine tooth comb.

In essence what has occured thus far has given American people and authorities a wake up call to the ugly elements within it's society it has tried to ignore beit election fraud or White supremacist coup(Nazi) Needless to say the current monetary system is about to collapse(4th July 2022) This state and those involved won't go away unless they are dealt with correctly and before any such bad situations as the collapse of the Dollar and a turn to the Gold Standard occur... It may be used and the world won't allow another Nazi state even if it means WW3.

Arrest all those involved in the attack/coup and make sure you lock them up until well after 2024

the dates/years are relevant.
edit on 15-1-2021 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I would also like some consistency across the board when riots by liberals are supported and that speech is not labeled inciting violence when it did on a rather big scale.

I agree!! The overwhelming majority of the Trump supporters did NOT want to take it to the next level into insurrection, the approximately 20,000 that DID i don't believe represent all Trump supporters and even less so Conservative values by and large. As a show of good faith im right there with you when i say that anyone on the left that rioted, looted, or otherwise caused damage in the summer SHOULD EQUALLY face justice, and to be fair some did.

When these platforms remove conservative view points and label them hate speech

Here though, is where i break company with you. Conservative view points have not been removed. Violent, inciteful Trump rhetoric and anyone who engages in that same violent, inciteful rhetoric is what was removed, to which i say good riddance....it should not exist ever, never mind 2021.

To be honest I'm going to sit back and watch the show eating my popcorn just as I did as the liberals rode their crazy train for these past 4 years.

I dont blame anyone for taking this position right now. But one thing i will add, this divide between the "only I am right" vociferous populace is an untenable situation. Americans - US Citizens - need to at the very core believe in the same principles. I fought the hardest in my military career for the guy/gal who disagrees with me, i wish others would do the same so it all felt worth it.
edit on 15-1-2021 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle

I believe they were removed because of those organising the coup and riots and their inflammatory nature. They will probably be back after the dust has settled and besides I imagine authorities are going through them all with a fine tooth comb.

In essence what has occured thus far has given American people and authorities a wake up call to the ugly elements within it's society it has tried to ignore beit election fraud or White supremacist coup(Nazi) Needless to say the current monetary system is about to collapse(4th July 2022) This state and those involved won't go away unless they are dealt with correctly and before any such bad situations as the collapse of the Dollar and a turn to the Gold Standard occur... It may be used and the world won't allow another Nazi state even if it means WW3.

Arrest all those involved in the attack/coup and make sure you lock them up until well after 2024

Deleated response because...

edit on 15/1/2021 by Mystery_Lady because: Why give the liberal natzi's more ammo against me. I'm sure I'm on one of their lists somewhere.

edit on 15/1/2021 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/1/2021 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Here though, is where i break company with you. Conservative view points have not been removed. Violent, inciteful Trump rhetoric and anyone who engages in that same violent, inciteful rhetoric is what was removed, to which i say good riddance....it should not exist ever, never mind 2021.

I think the we can agree to a point, but I would bet we see things differently as to what is inciteful rhetoric or not. The big problem I have is the liberal leadership has been using a very wide brush as to talking about Trump in general. They are doing this as a political weapon and not some fundamental belief. Also where do you put rhetoric that calls the President a dictator, fascist and/or White supremist because he wants to send in fed troops to protect a fed court house, or support a Governor/mayor with their riots? Liberal lawmakers not only incite people to do more riots and violence but they also incite people who support Trump, double blow there.

I dont blame anyone for taking this position right now. But one thing i will add, this divide between the "only I am right" vociferous populace is an untenable situation. Americans - US Citizens - need to at the very core believe in the same principles. I fought the hardest in my military career for the guy/gal who disagrees with me, i wish others would do the same so it all felt worth it.

The biggest problem is the left can't fight for division for 4 years and now all of a sudden say we need to unit while still pushing the division narrative. Conservatives has pretty much sat out all the violence up until the Capital where they made their point and left...No CHAZ anytime soon. I do not see much happening on the 20th nor anytime after that with the right....I can't say the same thing with the progressives though.

edit on 15-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Also where do you put rhetoric that calls the President a dictator, fascist and/or White supremist because he wants to send in fed troops to protect a fed court house

Any President should be protecting all of the institutions of American democracy whatever the cost.

Liberal lawmakers not only incite people to do more riots and violence but they also incite people who support Trump, double blow there.

Well, there's a problem here and i think you said it, in our definition of "incite". Trumps words were intentionally inciteful, the whole "ill march down there with you" and "trial by combat" from Rudy etc.....I have yet to see any intentional inciting from the democrats as marching orders. From fringe elements yes, absolutely, but not anyone in leadership. And let's be honest, the President should always rise above the noise and not fan flames irrespective of what others do.

Also constantly barraging his most staunch supporters with the unfounded claims of a "stolen election" sure didnt help put the dampers on language that can be seen as only inciteful.

The biggest problem is the left can't fight for division for 4 years and now all of a sudden say we need to unit while still pushing the division narrative.

Fight for division? How exactly did they do that?

Conservatives has pretty much sat out all the violence up until the Capital where they made their point and left...

You're not serious with this are you? Made their point and left? The point was murder of 5 people? Destruction? Don't you think this is a point better off not being made under the auspice of patriotism and Constitutional preservation? They literally encroached on other people's rights to do 2 things, feel free to move in a non military state, and keep on breathing...those are pretty egregious offenses wouldn't you say?

I do not see much happening on the 20th nor anytime after that with the right....

Maybe not, but i certainly wouldn't want to be the one under the gun to be wrong about that...

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Any President should be protecting all of the institutions of American democracy whatever the cost.

Not what our lawmakers, Governors and mayors been saying...My point isn't what you think it is what they think and did...

Well, there's a problem here and i think you said it, in our definition of "incite". Trumps words were intentionally inciteful, the whole "ill march down there with you" and "trial by combat" from Rudy etc.....I have yet to see any intentional inciting from the democrats as marching orders. From fringe elements yes, absolutely, but not anyone in leadership. And let's be honest, the President should always rise above the noise and not fan flames irrespective of what others do.

If they were why didn't 200k riot...lol Why are we talking about a small group of agitators that started it and the rest mostly sightseers

Fight for division? How exactly did they do that?

Where have you been my friend...lol

You're not serious with this are you? Made their point and left? The point was murder of 5 people? Destruction? Don't you think this is a point better off not being made under the auspice of patriotism and Constitutional preservation? They literally encroached on other people's rights to do 2 things, feel free to move in a non military state, and keep on breathing...those are pretty egregious offenses wouldn't you say?

Before the Capital we saw continuous riots in 20+ cities, billions in destruction, burning, looting many deaths, CHAZes... All liberal manifested and supported at the lawmaker level.

BTW what 5 people were murdered? Isn't that the hyperbole you do not want to see? 1 cop was hit in the head with a flying fire extinguisher, so I agree, a unarmed woman was shot by the police, not murder, 2 people died to medical conditions, not murder, a woman died in the crowd with whatever the push, got stepped on etc.., not really murder.

One bullet was shot in the whole event, and it was by one cop. Most of it all was a pushing match that turned into sightseeing event to end up with everyone leaving by 6:00 PM, dinner time...lol

edit on 15-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Actually, most of the fault for much of our trouble Falls squarely with the Department of Justice.

Ignoring real crimes committed by democrats in the government and rioters all last year.

mobile.twitter.com...

If you recall, doj Inspector General Michael Horowitz said that there was no bias against President Trump within the department.

That was a blatant intentional Lie by Horowitz.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle

oh white Supremecist blah blah blah you’re a great parrot of someone I just saw on msm news recently , oh yah it was Ayanna Presley..
The truth is that the reason Amazon deplatformed Parler is that they (Bezos) is tied directly into the communist party agenda of the Democrats. Ms Pelosi is also a tool of CCP.
You are asking for communism to destroy our great Republic. You will have a huge karma by supporting it.
edit on 15-1-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've been around this site for about 20 years now. It is so surprising to see how the "skeptical" side of this site has basically disappeared. It's shocking how many people believe, without question, absurd conspiracy theories. This used to be a place of intellectual conversation where a new theory was vetted hard by members and picked apart... and now it's just a "take a side" and yell forum.

The relevant point, is I believe the problem with the current political weather vane is this blind faith in whatever truth you wish was true. It's like people are suddenly proud of being ignorant and just ignoring facts. When sites like Parler, or social media users like Trump, loudly scream "fire" in a crowded theater when there is no fire... then that's not free speech, or truth, and not protected by the Constitution, and CERTAINLY not a problem for a private company to respond to it harshly. It's fascinating how many Libertarians are screaming about Parler, Twitter... Can they hear themselves? The government should intervene on a private company making decisions about it's own product? Isn't that antithetical to the foundational concepts of conservativism and libertarianism?

The Republic will survive if we can figure out a way to cut through the absurd lies that people are spouting as gospel right now. (for example... Bezos and Pelosi being Communists. That's just not real, and if you believe it, you're being brainwashed by your echo chamber.)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone
Can you please give some examples of "inciteful Trump rhetoric"?

You pose a decent argument.
But I still think you are full of s***.
You don't get to decide what's conspiratorially and what's not. It's a tactic used to silence people and you are using it here. At a conspiracy website no less.

I feel you are advocating for the silencing of people, and you are somehow trying to insinuate/justify it's all for the better good. You can't have partially free speech. Perhaps you should go watch some old George Carlin videos.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thats the lefts schtick, rules for thee not for me.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Can you please give some examples of "inciteful Trump rhetoric"?

No. Because it's beside the point. The point was that conservative viewpoints were not being banned/muted/silenced/adjective du jour to describe your outrage, that Trump saying ANYTHING at ALL that might incite violence was what was being removed.

You pose a decent argument.

I know I do.

But I still think you are full of s***.

If you think im wrong, then dont mask the above word, use it ALL, and lets see if it too doesnt get removed for your perceived 1st amendment here.

You don't get to decide what's conspiratorially and what's not.

I can't respond to this with intellectual integrity mainly due to complete ignorance on what you're trying to say.

I feel you are advocating for the silencing of people

I am....anyone who breaks federal (or really any) law.

and you are somehow trying to insinuate/justify it's all for the better good.

Well, unless you believe lawlessness is a winning strategy, yea i am saying that.

You can't have partially free speech. Perhaps you should go watch some old George Carlin videos.

Just like here on ATS, you have ZERO free speech, you have exactly the speech detailed to you in the T&C and when you break that, you get muted.... OR silenced

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Intellectual property is not a public function.

But the underlying infrastructure upon which ALL of these run (including AWS) is the public Internet backbone. Therefore, these companies CANNOT control access to this backbone in an anticompetitive manner. Just as the railroad and oil barons of the 19th century built their infrastructure across the PUBLIC lands, there was an agreement that they could not act in the same manner and conspire. They did just that and were forced to break up those monopolies and anti-competitive behaviors.

We are seeing the same thing today with these companies taking advantage of the public "land" as "acceptable monopolies" and participating in anti-competitive behavior.

This must be handled in the same manner as the railroad and oil barons of our past.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

But the underlying infrastructure

Is not the same as

AWS

AWS, by definition, is a WEB SERVICE, while the infrastructure that allows you to get there is the ISP's hardware and gateways. They share exactly zero in common.

Therefore, these companies CANNOT control access to this backbone in an anticompetitive manner.

When you're completely ignorant about how the internet works, the above statement might actually make sense to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

But the underlying infrastructure

Is not the same as

AWS

AWS, by definition, is a WEB SERVICE, while the infrastructure that allows you to get there is the ISP's hardware and gateways. They share exactly zero in common.

Therefore, these companies CANNOT control access to this backbone in an anticompetitive manner.

When you're completely ignorant about how the internet works, the above statement might actually make sense to you.

Please, I helped BUILD THE INTERNET 40+ years ago. I know intimately how it works.

The underlying communication channels and frequency spectrums (aka "land") are public. That is a fact. Companies like ISP's are licensed by the govt to use and connect those lands with roads to allow traffic. Providers like AWS are the big trucks on that road that carry the cargo.

So my analogy of the railroad and oil barons is viable.

If you really understand how the Internet was built and works.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Please, I helped BUILD THE INTERNET 40+ years ago. I know intimately how it works.

I think not. Feel free though to continue on with your fantasy.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I think not. Feel free though to continue on with your fantasy.

I see, nice retort. Got anything of substances that makes what I said about the backbone false? Or is your only shot to discredit the poster and not the post?

PS: Don't strain yourself trying.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join