It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May accuses EU of trying to affect UK election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
That maybe, but Westminster's lies and ripping off Scotland have been going on for far longer than Sturgeon and Salmond have been around.

How has Scotland been ripped off? They get more per head than the English, Welsh and Irish courtesy of the Barnet Formula. This is why the Scots get free prescriptions and university fees, as well as a larger public sector.

If you look the failing Scottish health and education service, you would need to conclude the nationalists in power in Scotland are ripping off the Scots.

Scotland is part of the UK, so British politics and politicians can influence all parts. The difference here is that the EU is alleged to be acting to disrupt British politics, which if true is quite worrying.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Scotland is part of the UK, so British politics and politicians can influence all parts.

You said it yourself, in short there's one control over the U.K. including Scotland (no matter how statistics are dressed up and sold), and it's the hawks in Westminster; self-serving, criminal banker protecting, corporation sympathizing, offshore tax avoiding, Tory scum.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: ZIPMATT

When TM says 'the european media' is she including bbc in that ? The bbc were saying yesterday "several european _countries are hardening their stance against Brexit..."

That's entire balls they're talking there , they mean the EPP are hardening their stance , because they are the collective power in Europe.

That would actually be France and Poland who both said that the UK should pay its full commitments up until 2020. Where exactly are they talking balls? They quoted facts. Don't like seeing facts being quoted? That's hardly the fault of the BBC is it.

Hey now , don't you and the bbc , mean someone from France ? And then someone from Poland ?
Because I am quite sure that's all they are .
And , I'm almost certain they'll be ruling party members , who by their partys' memberships of the EPP , are speaking on behalf of EPP policy !
Don't even know the facts ? That's the fault of the bbc !

They mean members of the European Parliament for those two countries - if you actually read the news you'd know that, but it's easier to try and come across as smart isn't it? Usually some people will take comments at face value, bit of a bummer when somebody doesn't isn't it?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well the EPP meet up just before European Parliament sessions , so they can determine policy via the leadership and plan votes and speeches for that session . They do the same before the European Council sessions , so that they're all reading from the same song-sheet .
If that is not the EPP determining their hardened stance together then what is it ? Just because they used members from France and Poland to speak out the EPP policy is necessarily irrelevant . They were MEPs from those countries , both EPP members , and NOT the countries themselves, as bbc wrongly stated !
When someone cuts through the bullshizer the bbc publish , and puts the EPP in the picture for people , things become much clearer do they not ? My suggestion, becoming conviction, is bbc tell clear lies about the EU on purpose :to cover for the EPP . Just as TM has suggested re 'European media' . Don't you agree with her either ?
edit on 5-5-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

That's a tricky one to respond to. When the negotiations begin, the MEPs will represent their various countries.... you do understand that, right?

I think you are trying to untie yourself from your comment, the BBC reported what MEPs said - that's fairly black and white. Why do you keep saying they are lying when what they reported is exactly what was said?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Scotland is part of the UK, so British politics and politicians can influence all parts.

You said it yourself, in short there's one control over the U.K. including Scotland (no matter how statistics are dressed up and sold), and it's the hawks in Westminster; self-serving, criminal banker protecting, corporation sympathizing, offshore tax avoiding, Tory scum.

...................... and the SNP, right? They are based in Westminster as well aren't they? I'm sure it's Angus Robertson who has absolutely f# all interest in the UK, only Scotland - not quite sure how much more self serving that could be.

ATS, welcome to cliche land

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You (probably ) don't understand the way the EPP works . That's why you're not willing to engage on that . There's no dispute what was said but _who said it . The bbc reported France and Poland have hardened their stance on Brexit . But that is not true.
France nor Poland stated anything at the european Parliament , but MEPs from those countries did . And those MEPs , from either country were stating EPP policy . If it's EPP policy , then it is irrelevant that the speakers of it are related to individual countries . Both their parties are members of the ruling umbrella party in Europe - the EPP .
Therefore the bbc did not misquote , but misrepresentedthe facts about who is presenting a hardened stance . They almost never mention the EPP : because they are trying obfuscate who our enemies are in Europe : the EPP .
NOT , France , OR Poland

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

...................... and the SNP, right? They are based in Westminster as well aren't they? I'm sure it's Angus Robertson who has absolutely f# all interest in the UK, only Scotland - not quite sure how much more self serving that could be.

Scottish Parliament is in Holyrood, which is in Edinburgh, not London.

ATS, welcome to fantasy land, where people just make stuff up and decide it must be accurate.
edit on -180002017-05-05T13:09:26-05:000000002631201726052017Fri, 05 May 2017 13:09:26 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

ATS, welcome to fantasy land, where people just make stuff up and decide it must be accurate.

I'm sorry, I must be dreaming about those SNP MPs in parliament at PMQ's every week - one of us doesn't know what they are talking about, fairly sure it's not me.
edit on 5-5-2017 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You (probably ) don't understand the way the EPP works . That's why you're not willing to engage on that . There's no dispute what was said but _who said it . The bbc reported France and Poland have hardened their stance on Brexit . But that is not true.
France nor Poland stated anything at the european Parliament , but MEPs from those countries did . And those MEPs , from either country were stating EPP policy . If it's EPP policy , then it is irrelevant that the speakers of it are related to individual countries . Both their parties are members of the ruling umbrella party in Europe - the EPP .
Therefore the bbc did not misquote , but misrepresentedthe facts about who is presenting a hardened stance . They almost never mention the EPP : because they are trying obfuscate who our enemies are in Europe : the EPP .
NOT , France , OR Poland

You really are getting tiresome, they stated it on behalf of their countries. Are the MEPs members of the EPP? You clearly think they are. Seeing as there are two quite separate groups that label themselves the EPP in the EU I take it you are referring to the centre right one - so what, what's your point? If they spoke as MEPs as part of their countries opinion then they are speaking as MEPs for their respective countries - you are just advancing your opinion.

You probably think you have some wide reaching knowledge, trust me, you don't.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hmmn....

Scotland is so self sufficient, so economically bouyant, and can sucessfully

run their own country ......

So remind me WHO bailed out the Royal Bank of Scotland

The RBS collapse did not come suddenly.
It was decades in the making, and was the result of an internal culture that put the sale of questionable financial products ahead of concerns about the risk those products would create. The bank grew recklessly, overpaying for other banks that it acquired, as its balance sheet ballooned to £2.2 trillion ($3.3 trillion), larger than the entire GDP of the United Kingdom.

That growth was overseen by two CEOs who had no direct, hands-on experience of banking.

When the credit crunch hit in 2007, the bank was riddled with risky investments that imploded. The British government paid £45.5 billion to bail out the bank through 2009, ending up with an 81% ownership stake. One of its CEOs, Fred Goodwin, was stripped of his knighthood as a result.

The demise of the Royal Bank of Scotland is a sorry tale of mismanagement, "meglomaniacal" leaders and aggressive expansion that got out of control.

uk.businessinsider.com...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I must be dreaming about those SNP MPs in parliament at PMQ's every week - one of us doesn't know what they are talking about, fairly sure it's not me.

That's the problem with people who live in their own fantasy lands, they're usually always right

originally posted by: eletheia

Hmmn....

Scotland is so self sufficient, so economically bouyant, and can sucessfully

run their own country ......

So remind me WHO bailed out the Royal Bank of Scotland

The RBS collapse did not come suddenly.
It was decades in the making, and was the result of an internal culture that put the sale of questionable financial products ahead of concerns about the risk those products would create. The bank grew recklessly, overpaying for other banks that it acquired, as its balance sheet ballooned to £2.2 trillion ($3.3 trillion), larger than the entire GDP of the United Kingdom.

That growth was overseen by two CEOs who had no direct, hands-on experience of banking.

When the credit crunch hit in 2007, the bank was riddled with risky investments that imploded. The British government paid £45.5 billion to bail out the bank through 2009, ending up with an 81% ownership stake. One of its CEOs, Fred Goodwin, was stripped of his knighthood as a result.

The demise of the Royal Bank of Scotland is a sorry tale of mismanagement, "meglomaniacal" leaders and aggressive expansion that got out of control.

uk.businessinsider.com...

I did say the Tories were corrupt banker protecting scum, and where do you think the billions to bail out RBS came from, thin air? No, the tax payer paid for it, which means EVERYONE in the U.K.

And I reiterate again, not one banker has gone to jail in this country.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

NOT , France , OR Poland

You really are getting tiresome, they stated it on behalf of their countries. Are the MEPs members of the EPP? You clearly think they are. Seeing as there are two quite separate groups that label themselves the EPP in the EU I take it you are referring to the centre right one - so what, what's your point? If they spoke as MEPs as part of their countries opinion then they are speaking as MEPs for their respective countries - you are just advancing your opinion.

What's this thread called again ?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

NOT , France , OR Poland

What's this thread called again ?

You were looking to derail it with oh so clever comments that turned out to be bollox.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

So you do actually admit you are full of cr@p and SNP ministers do spew their self obsessed bile in Westminster then?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

So you do actually admit you are full of cr@p and SNP ministers do spew their self obsessed bile in Westminster then?

Hmmm, let me see, is the Tory party an honest party? I think not

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You specifically said politicians in Westminster, stop deflecting when you realise that includes the 'we don't give a crap about anyone than us' SNP.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You specifically said politicians in Westminster, stop deflecting when you realise that includes the 'we don't give a crap about anyone than us' SNP.

Are you having difficulty in understanding why the Scottish National Party would be concerned with Scotland?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Are you having difficulty in understanding why the Scottish National Party would be concerned with Scotland?

When having a discussion with someone who said everyone in Westminster is self centred yet seems to absolve SNP of the same criticism, yes - why wouldn't I be when it's blatant hypocrisy?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
EU always tries to affect others' elections. Of course it will attempt to affect UK's elections.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join