It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May accuses EU of trying to affect UK election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I'd do the same if I was a pro EU trough feeder.
I'm not criticising just calling it out.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I would too, absolutely.

Am not buying into May being tough on negotiating Brexit at all though, this looks like a cheaply orchestrated stunt to galvanise support ahead of the election.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Seems like a pretty smart election tactic to me. If there's one thing guaranteed to fire up some passion in the average Brit, it's going to be someone making threats towards us. It brings out the fighting spirit, we won't be to down easily! Now we need to show them what we're made of, Dunkirk spirit at the ready. Better vote for the tories as they are going to tell the eu exactly what they can do with their deals!

(For the sake of clarity, that was how I can see a lot of people reacting and not my personal opinion. I'm voting conservative but not for the reasons above)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Purplefowler

Lol my view is # the EU and their threats, remember the sky was gonna fall when we rejected the Euro, I see Brexit as the same and we'll still have a sky in a couple of years.
Maybe a few clouds on the way but I don't buy the doom.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Totally agree, I couldn't vote leave fast enough and am still buzzing that we won the vote. Yes, there will be a period of adjustment but anyone who thinks things it will be easy initially is deluded. But it's all about the long game, a better country for our children. But Teresa May is definitely capitalising on it (don't blame her at all
)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Purplefowler

Lol my view is # the EU and their threats, remember the sky was gonna fall when we rejected the Euro, I see Brexit as the same and we'll still have a sky in a couple of years.
Maybe a few clouds on the way but I don't buy the doom.

Sod the 100 billion (cant even write the number!) they want toward

buffering their bloated pension funds.... let them manage with the same pension

that all us plebs have been given by THEM ..... or in the words of a rather famous

French woman *Let them eat cake!*

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Hi guys

It's 100 000 000 000

RT are having a good laugh about it all , playing the troll music as they do .

When TM says 'the european media' is she including bbc in that ? The bbc were saying yesterday "several european _countries are hardening their stance against Brexit..."

That's entire balls they're talking there , they mean the EPP are hardening their stance , because they are the collective power in Europe.

The bbc news , are blatantly telling out anti-Brexit slug-slime and hiding the real facts from the public . Those several countries they are on about don't have any power to take any stance , they've been used by the EPP and the bbc , and the rest , to hide behind , so they can pretend there's some sovereignty to the statements 'from Europe' . I'd like to know how the bbc got that aparent 'news' they told in the first place .

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT
a reply to: eletheia

It's 100 000 000 000

Thanks for that ... butI get lost after the first 5 0's anyway!

The bbc were saying yesterday "several european _countries are hardening their stance against Brexit..."

That's entire balls they're talking there , they mean the EPP are hardening their stance , because they are the collective power in Europe.

Well there's only two that count .... the rest just make up numbers and

are in it for the handouts!

The bbc news , are blatantly telling out anti-Brexit slug-slime and hiding the real facts from the public . Those several countries they are on about don't have any power to take any stance , they've been used by the EPP and the bbc , and the rest , to hide behind , so they can pretend there's some sovereignty to the statements 'from Europe' . I'd like to know how the bbc got that aparent 'news' they told in the first place .

Apart from the media, there are some the patronising Tony Blair, Tim Farron,

Gina Miller, Nick Clegg et al who think the British public are idiots and dont

know what they were voting for.

I personally hope that TM has the guts to give them both barrels

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I thought it interesting she said this after visiting the Queen but doubt it was related to that , I think she's responding to the reports of the comments made at dinner she hosted and on that level she is correct , the dark arts are being practiced by the leadership of the EU.

I think accusing them of interference may be a bit strong and can't shake the feeling she did this for internal reasons.

I don't know if it's for internal reasons, after the leaked comments about the dinner she hosted were published she had to say something and to use it to say she/her team would be stronger than Corbyn in dealing with the EU over Brexit makes sense on the back of the reports about the EU not wanting to bend over and agree to everything.

I make that comment on the assumption you meant by 'internal' the Tory party? Not sure that would be the case when she currently has an electorate to talk to.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

She should have a go at giving the electorate some credit for their own ability to make decisions.

Hasn't that been working well in the UK and US over the last couple of years.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

When TM says 'the european media' is she including bbc in that ? The bbc were saying yesterday "several european _countries are hardening their stance against Brexit..."

That would actually be France and Poland who both said that the UK should pay its full commitments up until 2020. Where exactly are they talking balls? They quoted facts. Don't like seeing facts being quoted? That's hardly the fault of the BBC is it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

That would actually be France and Poland who both said that the UK should pay its full commitments up until 2020. Where exactly are they talking balls? They quoted facts. Don't like seeing facts being quoted? That's hardly the fault of the BBC is it.

Hey now , don't you and the bbc , mean someone from France ? And then someone from Poland ?
Because I am quite sure that's all they are .
And , I'm almost certain they'll be ruling party members , who by their partys' memberships of the EPP , are speaking on behalf of EPP policy !
Don't even know the facts ? That's the fault of the bbc !
edit on 4-5-2017 by ZIPMATT because: plural : partys' memberships , _s

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Tory hypocrites didn't think twice about influencing the Scottish referendum, it's good if they are getting a taste of their own medicine now, hope they get destroyed in the election

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

At least Scotland has seats and a say in British politics , because presently and formerly the UK could do nothing about what Europe wants , much less the Scots . You're being duped by Sturgeon

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Lol I wouldn't bet any money you can't afford to lose then.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hows the hand ?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

At least Scotland has seats and a say in British politics , because presently and formerly the UK could do nothing about what Europe wants , much less the Scots . You're being duped by Sturgeon

That maybe, but Westminster's lies and ripping off Scotland have been going on for far longer than Sturgeon and Salmond have been around.

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol I wouldn't bet any money you can't afford to lose then.

Problem with the Tories being in charge, no-one has any money to bet, and if the Tories do have a successful election, it has to be proof that the people of Britain have become nothing more than sado-masochistic idiots

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Lol off topic but usable thanks, still taping and bathing it every day but all good for earning money.

On topic, I reckon strong remain voters would make out it'd heal slower when Britain leaves the EU.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ha , that they might esp the miserably sore losers
Well its sort of back to being 'if' we leave , if people vote Lib Dem , (not naming any names:how
But I can understand not wanting the tory guy . I've abstained the county council elections here today , can't trust any of em . We had a peedoe running hcc for 20 years!
edit on 4-5-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I think Theresa May will win with a decent workable majority in June.
I also think it's the least worse outcome for the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join