It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to "Temporarily" Add Kratom to Schedule I at September's End

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tombanjo
Good find. I give it 6 months to a year before some enterprising Chinese chemist slightly changes the structure of 7-hydroxymitragynine, ships it to the U.S., and people start dying from it. The results of the backward logic the DEA keeps telling us is for our own good.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Right, there is a market for it right now so people are going to fill the gap made by this ban.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Every time. The reality is that criminalizing people and forcing dangerous things like drugs underground only makes them more dangerous and harms more people in the long run. But that doesn't justify continued funding and job security for the bureaucrat's who's job it is to make sure they still have a job. It's a vicious cycle, where regular people are chewed up and spit out so another government agency can justify it's existence.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The DEA is a degenerate and fascist organization at the vanguard of the growing American police state.

Ironic that the US is giving up control over the internet and making illegal a well established tremendously helpful herb that millions of people use successfully to navigate their lives, at the same time, September 30.

I say this is an omen of the coming world police state where the internet will be controlled by some international sinister police agency and we’ll all be forced to suffer with prescription drugs Ironic that the US is giving up control over the internet and making illegal a well established tremendously helpful herb that millions of people use successfully to navigate their lives, at the same time, September 30.

I say this is an omen of the coming world police state where the internet will be controlled by some international sinister police state and we’ll all be forced to suffer with prescription drugs from the pharma mafia or go to jail.

edit on 15-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

We should know by the end of the month if they're going to wait another year to do this since a petition brought in more than the the requisite 10,000 signatures to stop that STUPIDITY!! 🙌 👌👍👏 🙆

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
A Texas vendor of kratom and legal CBD oil just got raided.

steemit.com...@catherinebleish/alert-family-raided-for-legal-cbd-oil-and-kratom

We really are becoming a police state.

edit on 9/17/2016 by tombanjo because: (no reason given)

Edit: link is screwing up. Here's the Reddit thread that will take you to it.
www.reddit.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
NEWS....KRATOM BAN UPDATE

From the head of the Kratom Association
www.americankratom.org...

....We have some great news that needs urgent action BY 5pm ET TUESDAY! We, with our lobbyist's help, have found some champions in Congress to write a bipartisan "Dear Colleague" letter asking the DEA to slow down this process. They are Congressmen Pocan of WI, who I met with the night before the March, and Salmon of AZ.

The letter asks, among other things, that the Director of OMB and Acting Director of the DEA delay a final decision on the placement of Kratom as a schedule I, provide ample time for public comment on this significant decision, and resolve any inconsistencies with other Federal Agencies regarding the use of Kratom. Click HERE to see the letter.

Bottom line Monday call your congressman and tell them how Kratom helps you and to have your rep contact Congressman Pocan's office to sign-on to the Pocan/Salmon Dear Colleague letter on this issue.

So this is what we need you to do!!! Find your Rep here and e-mail them over the weekend! www.house.gov... Then use the number below to call YOUR representative first thing Monday morning. Tell them you are a responsible adult consumer of Kratom for help with ______ (ailment) and ask that they please contact Congressman Pocan's office to sign-on to the Pocan/Salmon Dear Colleague letter on this issue.

edit on 17-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Hey ! Good job bringing this here! Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tombanjo
A Texas vendor of kratom and legal CBD oil just got raided.

steemit.com...@catherinebleish/alert-family-raided-for-legal-cbd-oil-and-kratom

We really are becoming a police state.

Edit: link is screwing up. Here's the Reddit thread that will take you to it.
www.reddit.com...

So wrong.....so messed up.......kratom was not even sched one yet and cbd simply a wonderful medicine.....what the hell....

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This will literally be a crime

The war on drugs is a feeble and destructive failure and they want to expose more Americans to that failed system.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Lawmakers urge DEA to reconsider ‘hasty’ ban of opioid-like kratom

By Thursday, about 25 House members had signed on, according to Representative Mark Pocan, a Democrat from Wisconsin who spearheaded the project with Republican Representative Matt Salmon of Arizona. The signatories include Representative John Conyers Jr., a Democrat from Michigan, the longest-serving congressman and a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Republican Representative Dr. Dan Benishek, also of Michigan, who is a family doctor and general surgeon.
Now members of Congress are getting involved.

A bipartisan group has signed a letter asking the DEA to delay the kratom ban, calling the decision “hasty” and pointing out that there was no opportunity for public comment.
By Thursday, about 25 House members had signed on, according to Representative Mark Pocan, a Democrat from Wisconsin who spearheaded the project with Republican Representative Matt Salmon of Arizona. The signatories include Representative John Conyers Jr., a Democrat from Michigan, the longest-serving congressman and a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Republican Representative Dr. Dan Benishek, also of Michigan, who is a family doctor and general surgeon

Maybe a little hope the DEA can be stopped or delayed

edit on 24-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The DEA has been watching and after Kratom for years. I doubt they will be able to post pone this, cross fingers. I was reading on the DEA site and they stated that since 2014 there has been 15 kratom related deaths. That is a pretty low number. They might as well ban water to. Because you can overdose on water and die from it if you take to much. Anyone who suffers from chronic pan, are just out luck and have to suffer and I am one of them.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

Kratom is not a "drug" made by big pharma. That's the only real problem with it. I have used it off and on over the years. I don't think there is any "addictive" potential. I think they are worried about big-pharma losing too much money. Oh and one other thing to lock people up for.... Ridiculous. I am wanting to leave the USA more and more every day that passes. Land of the free? What a JOKE! It's offensive to me also!

How about this FDA and DEA? It's MY BODY. I WILL DO WITH IT AS I PLEASE. That goes for ALL people in a FREE country.

Do it daily for a month.

Yes, it's physically addictive. It's no heroin or poppy pod tea, but it IS physically addictive.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Kratom is not a "drug" made by big pharma. That's the only real problem with it. I have used it off and on over the years. I don't think there is any "addictive" potential. I think they are worried about big-pharma losing too much money. Oh and one other thing to lock people up for.... Ridiculous. I am wanting to leave the USA more and more every day that passes. Land of the free? What a JOKE! It's offensive to me also!

How about this FDA and DEA? It's MY BODY. I WILL DO WITH IT AS I PLEASE. That goes for ALL people in a FREE country.

Do it daily for a month.

Yes, it's physically addictive. It's no heroin or poppy pod tea, but it IS physically addictive.

Damn right!

Listen to these wise words.....it is very addictive....the withdrawals are real $h!tty......responsible use can avoid this though.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm hearing reports that ban has been postponed. Still unconfirmed at this point, I'll keep checking throughout today and tomorrow to see if any new updates come through -

heavy.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Do it daily for a month.

Damn right!

Listen to these wise words.....it is very addictive....the withdrawals are real $h!tty......responsible use can avoid this though.

This is however highly dependant one ones previous mental state to begin with.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Do it daily for a month.

Damn right!

No, it's not.

Notice how we said 'physical' dependance, not psychological. Kratom has a very similar withdrawal to opiates, albeit to a much lesser degree.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Do it daily for a month.

Damn right!

No, it's not.

Notice how I said 'physical' dependance, not psychological. Kratom has a very similar withdrawal to opiates, albeit to a much lesser degree.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In my opinion Kratom is not comparable to any of the known major drugs including alcohol. You won’t hear people running over people high off Kratom or robbing people to get it.

Anything can be abused, btw, from religion to white castle hamburgers, does that mean it should be banned

There is no OD epidemic on Kratom, no heavy social ills. It’s milder than even Marijuana

And it’s a safe replacement for heavy legal drugs.

Maybe if Prince took that instead of those heavy killer legal drugs he’d still be here

The DEA’s hysteria is just not justified.

I also read (looking for the link I read earlier) that the 15 deaths the DEA claimed were caused by Kratom has turned into 1 DEATH!

Listen to this...when I stopped taking Interferon I didn't sleep for two weeks!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here is the link

In the kratom ban notice issued late last month, the DEA noted more than 600 poison control center calls related to the plant were made between 2010 and 2015. The notice cited 15 deaths were linked to kratom between 2014 and 2016, but the DEA later revised that figure down to one.

www.inquisitr.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join