It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters in Milwaukee set fire to cars, gas station in response to officer involved shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

If we picket off the totality of the circumstances to the quoted phrase in your comment, then your assertion might make some hay.

However, it's not the whole situation. The guy who was shot had a long rap sheep as others have linked to. He may have been known to the cop who knew what he was capable of. We do not have any the video footage yet to see the guys behavior. (And yes I appreciate we may never see it and have to rely on word of mouth.)

The shooting may end up unjustified. I don't know. But from this point, it appears like the cop was doing the approved course of action. The guy was not simply demonstrating open carry.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
From the cops point of view, you could turn around at any moment and kill him within a fraction of a second during the chase. By starting a chase, you've picked a fight with the cop.

If you have a gun or knife and force a cop to chase you, expect to be justifiably shot and killed.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: odzeandennz

b) was the man posing a threat to other persons with his weapon(or like to injure someone with the weapon)
c) what is the protocol for shooting a fleeing suspect?

A man running around in public with a weapon can be construed as a threat to others. He could take hostages or shoot someone else to cause a distraction. Cops can shoot if they believe he poses a threat.

Just to play devils advocate... a man 'running around in public with a gun' is anyone practicing open carry, and technically anyone practicing concealed carry.

I could take and shoot a hostage at any moment, too- does that mean I should be executed on the spot?

You're making up a situation that never happened because what actually happened doesn't fit your narrative. You're ignoring the "under arrest" part which is a very important part.

If you have a concealed or open carry and resist arrest, you can be justifiably shot and killed for it.
edit on 8/14/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

you can't deport US citizens, they are in their homeland...
you could possibly prosecute them as traitors, but then, I think there's plenty of offenses being shown in these videos that should be prosecuted when the offenders are found.
I find it rather amazing that there seems to be much more attention to the police shooting, as if weather or not it was justified is somehow relevant to the riot that followed, with it's destruction, beatings, and burning businesses. first, it kind of seems that maybe all these people reacted before there was enough known about the shooting to determine weather or not it was justified... and second, even if it wasn't justified, who was the most harmed by these actions? the system that may have condoned an unjustifiable act, or the people who were actually living in this neighborhood, operating businesses within it, traveling through it possibly with their little children in the cars with them?

unless the rioters were from another section of town, I imagine many of them are waking up and looking out at the destruction they caused and thinking holy heck, what the heck did we do?? they will pass by that burnt up gas station many times, missing it while looking at the gas gauge that is sitting close to empty. in other words, there is two ways to learn a lesson, one is through common sense and the advice of others... the other is the hard way...
they chose the hard way.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I imagine many of them are waking up and looking out at the destruction they caused and thinking holy heck, what the heck did we do?

You are giving them too much credit for having logic and feeling of remorse.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Be careful. I live near milwaukee and I've been hearing some crazy stuff is going on in the North Side. Has the rioting been spreading to other locations around Milwaukee? I have friends who live and work in Stallis and im hoping the violence doesn't spread that far.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They are currently holding a press conference. The mayor said the suspect killed did have a gun.

During the riot a 16 yr old girl got shot, most likely by a stray bullet.

They are anticipating the possibility of more rioting tonight.

And, oh yeah....The cop, although they didn't release his name, was black.
edit on 14-8-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The suspect was shot in the chest and the arm. From what I gather he had raised his gun, which resulted in the cop shooting. But that isn't very clear. Did he stop running and turn around?

He also said the cops gave CPR. I am assuming to the downed suspect...

ETA: Okay, he was chased into a fenced area where he stopped, turned around and raised the weapon. There is also a still photo from the cop's body cam that shows the suspect was armed.
edit on 14-8-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What are you guys arguing about? Looks like a fine, upstanding member of the community to me. Probably would've had a scholarship to Harvard if those racist cops hadn't murdered him in cold blood. /sarcasm

LINK - Daylymail.co.uk

edit on 8/14/2016 by efabian because: format fix

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
They are currently holding a press conference. The mayor said the suspect killed did have a gun.

During the riot a 16 yr old girl got shot, most likely by a stray bullet.

They are anticipating the possibility of more rioting tonight.

And, oh yeah....The cop, although they didn't release his name, was black.

Oh well if hes light skinned they will lighten it up a bit i am sure to fit the narrative.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

Even seeing a picture like this makes me want to shoot this guy. I get nervous when a gun is pointed at me or appears to be pointed at me.(yeah its a picture but still) it makes my right hand twitch and instinctivly squeeze a second later.

Dont care bout the skin tone either. I can even see the bullet in the first one in the barrel looks like.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: efabian

Even seeing a picture like this makes me want to shoot this guy. I get nervous when a gun is pointed at me or appears to be pointed at me.(yeah its a picture but still) it makes my right hand twitch and instinctivly squeeze a second later.

Dont care bout the skin tone either. I can even see the bullet in the first one in the barrel looks like.

Exactly, I get what you're saying.. it's the attitude, not the skin tone. But many people don't seem to get that this is what the hip-hop culture leaves us.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: UnBreakable

Wont be much of a war. As soon as they realize their welfare checks will stop after they lose and prolly face deportation as traitors.

Nah, can't deport traitor natives. We can, however, execute for treason. The whole race war BS does seem to at least touch on qualifying as treason from what I understand of the legal definition of it. Someone more knowledgeable in this area would be welcome to explain whether or not it does fully qualify.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Under current laws they fit the definition of terrorist IF they try to do something like that. They will still get due process but it wont be civilian court.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Nah, can't deport traitor natives. We can, however, execute for treason. The whole race war BS does seem to at least touch on qualifying as treason from what I understand of the legal definition of it. Someone more knowledgeable in this area would be welcome to explain whether or not it does fully qualify.

Interesting notion!

If you ever want to whip up a race war riot or the like here in the US, be sure and register Democrat beforehand.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Governor Scott Walker has activated the Wisconsin National Guard in the wake of a fatal officer-involved shooting in Milwaukee on Saturday, August 13th, and violence that followed.

Gov. Walker activates Wisconsin National Guard in wake of officer-involved shooting, subsequent violence

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Governor Scott Walker has activated the Wisconsin National Guard in the wake of a fatal officer-involved shooting in Milwaukee on Saturday, August 13th, and violence that followed.

Gov. Walker activates Wisconsin National Guard in wake of officer-involved shooting, subsequent violence

I did not realize the Wisconsin County sheriff was Sheriff Clarke. You know, the guy that squashed all of Don's Lemons on CNN.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Babu Omowale, the leader of the New Black Panthers, says THIS IS A WAR:

www.breitbart.com...

Uh oh...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There's a link to a live streamer in milw tonight..
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Babu Omowale, the leader of the New Black Panthers, says THIS IS A WAR:

www.breitbart.com...

Uh oh...

A bit more context...

Is it a war? Yes, it is. It’s a war against black people because we’re the ones being murdered.

edit:

Looks like "this is a war" is a misquote.
edit on 8/14/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join