It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters in Milwaukee set fire to cars, gas station in response to officer involved shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

MILWAUKEE - A crowd gathered and at times grew violent Saturday night in a neighborhood where a Milwaukee officer shot and killed a man police say was armed hours earlier during a foot chase.

Around 3:30pm today, a man armed with a handgun ran from police during a traffic stop, and an officer shot him during the foot chase. In response to the shooting, protesters gathered in a nearby neighborhood and began torching cars, smashing police vehicles, and set a gas station on fire. From what I can tell, the protests began around an hour ago.

One officer got hit in the head with a brick while sitting in a patrol car and is currently in a hospital.

Link to Milwaukee police twitter. twitter.com...

Gas station at Sherman and Burleigh set on fire. MFD cannot extinguish fire as gunshots are being fired.

MPD officer undergoing treatment at local hospital after brick thrown through squad window, striking officer in the head.

Extra source. www.nydailynews.com...

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Of course they did.
Nothing says "Fight The Man!!!!" like wrecking your own neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Looks like Milwaukee has changed a bit since Fonzie and Happy Days

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
here we go again...

but:

1> is there fottage of the chase

2> did they actually find a hand gun on the suspect. the police said he was armed, but i take that with a grain of salt

3> that was no protest... just ridiculous what passes as protests these days

4> why did the LEO kill the man
a) he was armed and tried to kill the officer (havent actually seen any footage of something like that in a while though)
b) was the man posing a threat to other persons with his weapon(or like to injure someone with the weapon)
c) what is the protocol for shooting a fleeing suspect?

5> instead of an arrest, now we have this, while the cop is on paid vaca and getting his defense team stacked up and possibly meeting with the chiefs to justify his actions/or if they were justified.

6> they captured the second man who fled, what did he or they both do exactly?

eta: the suspect/victim look like he had a long rap sheet with the law. maybe he knew he was sought after, but no mention on a warrant on him for anything.

edit on 13-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

b) was the man posing a threat to other persons with his weapon(or like to injure someone with the weapon)
c) what is the protocol for shooting a fleeing suspect?

A man running around in public with a weapon can be construed as a threat to others. He could take hostages or shoot someone else to cause a distraction. Cops can shoot if they believe he poses a threat.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

well, to be fair, the kids back then were too busy working after school earning the money to buy that low priced junk car so they could fix it up and then pay for the gas and such to keep it on the road...by the time they put all that work into that car, the thought of burning the cars was unthinkable even if they could find the time!!
now days, they are lucky to have a job, and the cars are made so that they aren't that easily fixed...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

yes. absolutely.

was he though.? was the weapon concealed or in his hands?

at least the other purp was caught alive. hopefully more to come.

but as always, im always inquisitive, but let the secular partisan speculation begin below.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

True there was also for all ethnic groups something called the family where greater than 80 per cent actually knew who daddy was and an education where a to z and 1 to 10 wasn't a problem after graduation.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If the suspect did not run to begin with, we would never need to even travel down this rabbit hole.

White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Purple, or Pink I don not care what color you are... The vast majority of police officers are not corrupt, when they pull you over you are still "Innocent until proven guilty," but running away will not help your case one iota.
edit on 13-8-2016 by cblink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cblink

If the suspect did not run to begin with, we would never need to even travel down this rabbit hole.

I know right ! how easy it could have been avoided, just like telling a fat person if they did not eat so much they likely would not be fat !

Running away really should not be a good enough reason for execution, now if the guy was running down the street shooting people then yes he needs to be stopped...assuming the cops knew who it was they could have picked him up later......

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

yea. unfortunately the minimum IQ for required for LEOs is getting lower and lower.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

An individual, one whom no one has any idea of how dangerous he could have been or could not have been, is pulled over (For something we are not aware of) but was willing for whatever reason, had something to hide or fear, prompted him to run away from officers. Any reasonable human understands the risk involved in conducting such an attempt to flea. Now common sense (no matter how uncommon that is these days) would lead you to believe that the risk vs reward in that scenario was as it seems. Who is to say he would not take it any further to... steal a car, hurt someone, put people in danger... he has already proven he is willing to do the unreasonable to escape, who are we to assume what the line will be? At that point in time (in my opinion, to each his own, yours may differ) he is now a risk to everyone.

(For the record I know what way I lean in this scenario, but still actively are keeping in mind we have minimal details)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

yea. unfortunately the minimum IQ for required for LEOs is getting lower and lower.

Suspect could have not ran...
Cops could have found him later...
Protesters could have protested peacefully...
but hindsight is always 20/20

Seems like the cops are the most reasonable out of all 3 parties in my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cblink

Seems like the cops are the most reasonable out of all 3 parties in my opinion though.

oh i bet.

even with very little fact, you can compose an opinion or basically saying the cop is right to kill fleeing suspect for.. whatever reason or morality you come up with in your head. but that is not what is taught at any academy when it comes to using lethal force.

you coming up with that conclusion with little fact is no better than those moron who went out and rioted and set businesses ablaze with the same little fact you have.

but i bet you feel righteous behind that keyboard tho...

how about waiting, or asking more questions, or waiting for body video release before saying the officer was right in taking a life, when the suspect could have been brought to justice and be tried by a judge and jury... you know...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

An individual, one whom no one has any idea of how dangerous he could have been or could not have been, is pulled over (For something we are not aware of) but was willing for whatever reason, had something to hide or fear, prompted him to run away from officers. Any reasonable human understands the risk involved in conducting such an attempt to flea. Now common sense (no matter how uncommon that is these days) would lead you to believe that the risk vs reward in that scenario was as it seems. Who is to say he would not take it any further to... steal a car, hurt someone, put people in danger... he has already proven he is willing to do the unreasonable to escape, who are we to assume what the line will be? At that point in time (in my opinion, to each his own, yours may differ) he is now a risk to everyone.

(For the record I know what way I lean in this scenario, but still actively are keeping in mind we have minimal details)

I bet I can fill in a few blanks for you with no other information than what's provided in the op.

1. The "victim" was black.

2. The majority of the "protesters" were black.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Posting the Milwaukee County Scanner

www.broadcastify.com...

Crazy stuff.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

oh i bet.

even with very little fact, you can compose an opinion or basically saying the cop is right to kill fleeing suspect for.. whatever reason or morality you come up with in your head. but that is not what is taught at any academy when it comes to using lethal force.

you coming up with that conclusion with little fact is no better than those moron who went out and rioted and set businesses ablaze with the same little fact you have.

but i bet you feel righteous behind that keyboard tho...

how about waiting, or asking more questions, or waiting for body video release before saying the officer was right in taking a life, when the suspect could have been brought to justice and be tried by a judge and jury... you know...

No righteousness felt,

its a 2 way street... I never once said I was glad the guy is dead, or glad the cops shot him. In fact I stated even though I can lean my opinion in one direction, all the facts are not out. The suspect could have been tried, you are correct, for some reason he ran away though, and then for another reason a cop shot him, so now the cop will face that music (and I will state that no matter what evidence is shown he will likely be innocent based on the record of previous investigations, but that is a whole separate debate.)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I bet I can fill in a few blanks for you with no other information than what's provided in the op.

1. The "victim" was black.

2. The majority of the "protesters" were black.

That's already been confirmed
edit on 14-8-2016 by cblink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here's an article that lists more buildings that were set on fire. There's also an update about the officer involved shooting earlier in the day.

www.jsonline.com...

Later, fires were started at businesses — including a BMO Harris Bank branch, a beauty supply company and O'Reilly Auto Parts stores — near N. 35th and W. Burleigh streets, a grim and emphatic Mayor Tom Barrett said. He spoke at a midnight news conference at the District 3 police station at N. 49th St. and W. Lisbon Ave.

During his midnight news conference, Barrett said the officer pursuing the 23-year-old man ordered him to drop his gun. The man didn't and the officer fired several times, the mayor said.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, I guess I got to this a little late. Anyways, I'm about 25 minutes away. I think I'll ride my bike over and check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join