It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: TombEscaper

None of this is proof, whatsoever, of anything but people making mistakes. MANY people make the same grammar mistakes ("for all intensive purposes", "perrogative" instead of prerogative and so on...)

Why don't people explain these massive misunderstandings and mistakes as the "Mandela effect"?

The Mandela Effect can be denied. It's simply some percentage of people making the same, common, mistake.

The problem is that this runs deeper than just grammatical mistakes, and is now moving into the realm of well-known songs and even symbols. Another poster has already pointed out the Prince anomaly, and one of the most blatant "triggers" that has come with this is the Mr. Rogers song, where the lyrics have changed from "a beautiful day in the neighborhood" to "a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood." This seems to deal with the issue of initial recognition, meaning, when you hear him sing those lyrics, there is a quick trigger where something is telling you "that's not right." But then, as others have pointed out, after just a few seconds of pondering, your mind begins to waiver "well maybe that's the way it always was." But it wasn’t! The immediate, first inkling was correct.

For instance, look at the way the Volkswagen symbol now appears, and has apparently always appeared:

Our immediate intuition will tell us that line in the middle does not belong there; it was never there in all the years and years that we have seen this logo. The V and the W were always one connected unit. And yet, now, when we look at VW Youtube commercial from any era, the logo has always had that dividing line there. And now many who are reading this who had that initial reaction that something is wrong there, are probably already pondering the possibly they just never noticed the dividing line before, even though their immediate intuition was “that doesn’t belong there.”

There is no doubt there is a “Trickster” element behind this, somehow involved with the “Collective Unconscious.”

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Here's a thought on 9-11. What if that was the event that marked the opening of the first seal of Revelation? Here's the theory.

The first 4 seals of Revelation could be references. Partial incomplete references that in order to be properly understood what you need to do is find the older prophesy that it's referring to. So working the theory I came up with the following for the first seal.

The odd thing about the first horseman is that it describes him with a bow. And he goes out to conquer. But no mention of the arrows. Usually it's bow and arrows. So thinking about it I realized that could be the missing detail. Find the arrows. So thinking about it I went looking and found the story in 2nd Kings 13 verses 14 through 25. Link.

The point of the story was 3 victories. 4 arrows. And then I got it. Look for a end time prophecy where there is 3 victories for a king in his end time war. And it appears that king is the king of the south in Daniel 11. If you go through the prophesy of Daniel 11 and the wars described in it the king of the south gets 3 victories and a draw in his war. And this is the verse describing his first victory.

Daniel 11
2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

Being that Daniel is describing a vision he had I would point this out. Wouldn't the attack on Washington DC look like an attack on a 21st century version of Greece?

Now one coincidence is curious. But if you throw in Daniel 8 in the mix then what you have is 3 events he seems to have called. For in Daniel 8 he predicts at the start of the end times 2 nations in what used to be "Persia" would be conquered. And Afghanistan and Iraq would fit the bill.

So could 9-11 be the first seal of the Apocalypse? Something to think about.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The V and the W were always one connected unit.

I think you may have it confused with the bajaj logo...

I've had my run-ins with this phenomenon recently...This is not it.
What you experienced was faulty memory and from afar the Volkswagen symbol does look like the V and the W are connected.
So on top of the faulty memory,you probably didn't see the logo correctly and are mixing it up with other logs of similar design.
edit on 4am30America/Chicago3001America/Chicagoam440 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Text
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

The funeral and eulogy by President Bush is on Google search. So what have we here, someone has made a big mistake with regards to the BS on main stream media, or He has risen again. How can he be dead , and alive at the same time, ah!... I have it!!!, its the Quantum cat come home to roost.
Wikipedia says he's 97 and still preaching.

edit on 28-4-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

As for Nelson himself, well, I had the entire Ice-T OG album memorized in 1991 (except the impossible to decipher few words from Nat the Cat in "Flyby")

This is an excerpt from Ice-T's 1991 spoken word "Prepared to Die", which is my personal proof to myself that he made it out of prison

Watch me flip and rip on the freedom tip, open your minds see the point of the Ice pick...Mandela did 27 hard ones, not in a windowed room but in a barred one, while his wife had tears in her eyes, the man IS a hero, he needs a Nobel Prize. But that'll never happen so I'm gonna keep rappin'...

I remember this coming out after Mandela had been released and the anti-apartheid movement was culminating. Several of the Mandela Effects which aren't spelling error-related, I have very strong memories of.

This brings up another ME that people are now claiming, involving the inventor Eli Whitney. Many swear that they learned in school of him being a black man, but now history appears to have him down as a white man. An internet search will verify this. I don't remember either way, but what I do remember are lyrics of a KRS-1 song "You Must Learn" from the late 80's/early 90's, in which he was singing about the accomplishments of historical black figures. In fact, that was the theme of the whole song.

Here are the pertinent lyrics:

No one told you about Benjamin Banneker
A brilliant Black man that invented the almanac
Can't you see where KRS is coming at
With Eli Whitney, Haile Selassie, Grand Bill Woods
made the walky-talky

Now, why would he have included Eli Whitney in the midst of the black pioneers if Whitney was a white man? The whole point of the song was to highlight the accomplishment of historical black people. And again, people are insisting they learned that Whitney was black in school. But now there is no evidence that he was black, except for those claiming the ME.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

The V and the W were always one connected unit.

I think you may have it confused with the bajaj logo...

No, I have never seen that logo before. It's not due to a faulty memory.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper
No, I have never seen that logo before. It's not due to a faulty memory.

You may be confused because on older VWs the logo was stanced out of one sheet of metal, and that was subsequently chrome-plated. It's very hard to see the line then, it more or less became a dent. And yes, there are images in which the line is missing, for example this one:

.. or this one:

So, it makes perfect sense to me that many people think that the separating line was never there.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Soooooooo, you just told someone they had a faulty memory, when there are 2 pictures right there of how we remembered it....

We also in the 80s, some kids would steal the hood ornament etc off the vehicles, and you could hold it in your hand with NO line or DENT.....

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
This gets more and more INSANE......Reba McEntire? I've been looking her up in interviews to hear how her last name is pronounced now, but so far I've found only an Entertainment Tonight clip that pronounces it, and they still pronounce it "Mac-Entire," which doesn't really make any sense with this spelling! In all the other videos people only call her "Reba." I've found this with two other people whose last names were changed: they seem to mostly be referred to by their first names, not by their last names, which changed. Their last names were mentioned as frequently as anyone else's!

DEPENDS was ALWAYS DEPENDS! I would bet my LIFE on that fact! I have heard that name all my freaking life........it's like telling me the colour "blue" is now spelled/pronounced "blues" for cripes sakes....

To add to the strangeness, look at all of the Youtuber comments for this 1987 "Depend" commercial. Everyone in the comment section references them as "Depend," even though almost everyone you will talk to in real life will be sure it was "Depends."

www.youtube.com...

It's like everything and everyone involved with that entire video posting is from the same reality.

But now look at this spoof. It seems to be a merging of two realities. The video poster's title and description say "Depends" and so do the people in the comment section, and yet the video shows "Depend" and the "Madonna" voice also says "Depend."

www.youtube.com...

Inexplicable.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: collietta

Yes I've talked to my father about this one.. The most logical explanation is propaganda.. Who knows shizz is weird...

That was my first thought also but I distinctly remember him being ran over even if I don't remember seeing it. The photo being so iconic most of my fuzzy thoughts are of that image alone.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here's an interesting thought....

Maybe it's not a matter of timeline changes but rather a stressed out control system.

With the advent of the Internet it is possible to connect with anyone at anytime effortlessly. As such we are evolving beyond the scope and design of the control system we were placed in. Time isn't real unless you're within the system (3D construct) and the code wasn't designed to generate full time 360 graphics and 100% user data storage. After awhile the system requires a data dump and some of the specifics of the prior historical experiences are lost.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The game is running out of memory, we are approaching the kill screen and soon the simulation will be over.

I mean one of our own recently dint remember he was turning 40 and he swear he was only 39...

DOOM I tell ya!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Bill Graham the concert promoter died in the Early ninety's. Maybe that is part of the confusion on that?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

possible explanations of this phenomenon could well be just common grammar mistakes or lapses in memory, i have another theory, and that is that they are collective unconscious psychosis that are either part of some sort of spiritual awakening or a man-made manipulation by technology we dont know of to control the unconscious, i think that people may well be connected unconsciously there have been a few cases close to home where 10 people from the same street all men committed suicide, in my town. all within six months of each other. there was also a case of mass unrelated suicides in a place in Wales that was all over the news. Maybe i should check up on the wales thing agaain to make sure its not been wiped from the timeline lol. definetely some strange goings on in the world ..for sure

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Long time lurker, breaking my comment cherry.

For a long time I felt there was something indescribably "off" with the world. After stubbling across the mendella effect here on ATS, I felt some sort of validation. I'm from the reality where it was spelled McIntyre and Berenstein, as well as the tank running the protester over. No idea what any of it means. Not taking credit for uncovering these, but a few more examples from pop culture i haven't seen them mentioned yet:

"Interview with A Vampire" which is now "Interview with THE Vampire" and

The HBO show "Sex IN the City" which is now "Sex AND the City"

Not buying the faulty memory garbage.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Yeah so, how many people can't even remember the correct spelling and syntax of two, too and to?

Way too many.

Probably the same amount as those that think this Mandella effect is a real thing...

If so many people can't even get those three little words right, how the hell are they going to correctly remember a line between a German car makers symbol is supposed to look?!?

Yes, your memory is that bad, no there's no elaborate time shift that only you and a special few have noticed. You are not special.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

interview with a vampire but i just checked that its been changed to interview with the vampire, i think tptb are f**king with us

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Here, look, a study done on people's memory a few years ago..

Pickrell and Loftus divided 120 subjects into four groups. The subjects were told they were going to evaluate advertising copy, fill out several questionnaires and answer questions about a trip to Disneyland.

The first group read a generic Disneyland ad that mentioned no cartoon characters. The second group read the same copy and was exposed to a 4-foot-tall cardboard figure of Bugs Bunny that was casually placed in the interview room. No mention was made of Bugs Bunny. The third, or Bugs group, read the fake Disneyland ad featuring Bugs Bunny. The fourth, or double, exposure group read the fake add and also saw the cardboard rabbit...

...30 percent of the people in the Bugs group later said they remembered or knew they had met Bugs Bunny when they visited Disneyland and 40 percent of the people in the double exposure group reported the same thing.

www.washington.edu...

Same thing is happening to you guys...

...or you're super sensitive Indigo children lol

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i think ive sussed it, for me anyway, firstly i thought i remembered the name of the movie as interview with a vampire, and i thought a could remember sinbad being in a genie movie, but the more i think of it i think i may have created false memorys because i believed at the time that sinbad shoulda been in that movie and the movie should have been called interview with A vampire.......... cause that is the obvious name for it. but it wasnt..... so i have clearly created false memories of how i thought things should have been. IMO

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

My dad was a huge GnR fan and he had the soundtrack of that movie since it came out, it has always been interview with the vampire

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join