It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I went to high school with a guy who died in a car crash.
I remember friends missing a day to go to the funeral.
About ten years later I'm driving through town and guess who I see walking down the road.
I stop and give him a lift and told him that I thought he was dead.
He looked at me like I was crazy.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm dyslexic; I could not functional read well into my highschool years where I was retrained and learned how to cope with my disability.

I say this because all of my encounters with the Berenstein Bears (books I loved when I was a kid) where all orally derived. People would read me the books I would not read them my self.

To this day spellingwise Berenstein vs Berenstain vs Berenstin vs ... ect ect is all the same to me. This manifestation of the Medela effect is not simply a spelling mistake; my life is a spelling mistakes.

So with that all being true... unless every adult who ever read me a Berenstein Bears book (and there where many) read it wrong every time they read it ... than at least for me the Bears where always the BerenstEin family.
edit on 27-4-2016 by ButsDuge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

More sense than this world on most days!

Have you bothered to write it up anywhere I could read? I remember you mentioning it in passing, offering even less than the post above, and am really quite interested in it.

So... couldja? And if you already did, link it?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Same here. Just as I was getting over the whole Berenstein thing a few years ago... I see this.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well, this thread just blew my mind. I thought it was celebrate and afterlife, I also thought it was Berenstein.... So much so that I went to dig out my childhood books but now I can't find them, of course.

I'll have to find the other thread everyone is talking about.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
would it be so onnerous to simply admit that you are faliable ?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I definitely remember "celebrate."
I had a girlfriend who was a Prince freak.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
would it be so onnerous to simply admit that you are faliable ?

Or... (please don't go on the offensive)... maybe you are one of the ones whose mind is clouded or closed and cannot see what we see. Or maybe you did not cross the timeline that we did. Who knows? But sometimes we Know what we Know to be true.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ministry of Truth? Priming of the memory hole?
edit on 2016 4 27 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

I've found myself dumbfounded by some of the Mandela Effect incidents, but the more I see of them, the more I'm convinced we're just noticing odd spellings we assumed were "the normal way" all along, typically filtering out the perceived "error."

I *think* McEntire is wrong, but can't honestly say I ever actually saw her name before today, only heard it and assumed the "normal" spelling in my mind's eye.

As for Nelson himself, well, I had the entire Ice-T OG album memorized in 1991 (except the impossible to decipher few words from Nat the Cat in "Flyby")

This is an excerpt from Ice-T's 1991 spoken word "Prepared to Die", which is my personal proof to myself that he made it out of prison

Watch me flip and rip on the freedom tip, open your minds see the point of the Ice pick...Mandela did 27 hard ones, not in a windowed room but in a barred one, while his wife had tears in her eyes, the man IS a hero, he needs a Nobel Prize. But that'll never happen so I'm gonna keep rappin'...

I remember this coming out after Mandela had been released and the anti-apartheid movement was culminating. Several of the Mandela Effects which aren't spelling error-related, I have very strong memories of.

There's no proving or dis-proving any of it. If the timeline was changed, then maybe all of our memories were changed. Certainly all photos and other evidence changed. But personally, I believe it's most interesting as a study in how the mind works - assumptions, filters, memories, etc.

Oh, and Reba's last name spelling is dumb. She should change it (back?) to McIntyre.

edit on 4/27/2016 by dogstar23 because: Swypos and minor additions

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

HHmmm... thats a whole new thread if I'm understanding correctly what you are saying.... and quite a thread that would be.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The memory hole goes deep...

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

originally posted by: incoserv

HHmmm... thats a whole new thread if I'm understanding correctly what you are saying.... and quite a thread that would be.

What if George Orwell was right about this (as he has been proven to have been about many other things) and we are seeing society programmed and primed to let reality slip down the memory hole as history is slowly rewritten.

Start with small, insignificant things like there name of a popular children's book or the name of a moderately successful singer. As the masses become accustomed to allowing their collective memory to be altered, it becomes ever easier to dump bigger and bigger pieces of the collective history down the memory hole.

That's scarier than any quantum shift. And also more plausible - in some ways, at least...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

While of course requiring the ability to program reality, as obviously there's not trillions of agents sneaking around swapping out letters on books, CDs, newspaper clippings, etc., IF there was a way to do that, I could see the "minor tweaks" being early tests/conditioning.

Plausible (if such tech exists.)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I remember reading about this last year, the one thing that actually stuck out to me was the "Mirror Mirror" scene from Snow White... everyone swears that is how the famous line goes, but if you watch it again it's different. Some interesting comments about it on the video.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Or the memory hole, as the case may be...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am interested in this topic and and will probably reread your post again but as a quick reply:

When I look at these anomalies, it feels like my mind moves back and forth. For example, I initially think, "it IS berenstein and McIntyre!". Then the more I physically look at the strange word, I start to think, "maybe it has been berenstain and mcentire". I go back to thinking my original thoughts but the uncertainty feels weird. I think it may be like when one says a word repeatedly and the word becomes unfamiliar. I'm talking about the disassociation I feel, not saying that's the reason for the effect. I am open to the different timeline theory.

Now, with the depend. It seems to me that it may really have always been depend, but we call them depends. Like how we call the store aldi, aldi's. Or like how I call mr hero, mr hero's. I realize that luvs and pampers do have the s.

I am on my phone and I wanted to add that when I begin to type ' mci ', McIntyre is automatically suggested but McEntire is not, even after typing the whole word. Also, sorry if my blocks of text are large and if I have typos. It's hard to go back and edit on my tiny phone.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I prefer to mix em up and take the purple pill (no, not Nexium lol.) I've been in "perfectly normal reality", oblivious to anything "weird", early in life, and I've been far to the "other side" as well. I think the most unnerving and useful place I've ever found myself is "somewhere in the middle."

Playing along, so to speak, living in the mundane world, whilst aware of, and occasionally stepping into the "other." The contrasts are stark, and, for me, more meaningful than when I only had eyes for one way or the other.

I feel as though I can "prove" either reality to myself, and I'm beginning to think they both (or all) "exist." Not only speaking of Mandela Effect, but any topic of "regular vs other" reality. As if my mind vacillates between possibilities, and not because I'm undecided/uncertain - which is surely part of it, but because perhaps they DO exist simultaneously.

The topic is triggering my philosophical / theoretical / quantum reality circuits, and so I'm not sure if this is coherent outside of my own mind, so I'll stop there lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

You're quite right, the internet has allowed billions to access information and experiences like never before.

I would have never guessed that things such as "timeline shifts" were even possible - except for those type of things found in sci-fi stories, that is.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
omg you guys this thread is amazing its freaking me out

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join