It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tom DeLonge, Co-Author of Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows, Ask Me Anything

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TomDeLonge

Hi Tom,

Straight up, I know you don't have the absolute whole truth of the matter (sorry to break it to you), and I can tell this by how breezily you just stated that all religions are cargo cults. Seriously? Okay, I know you're aiming straight & true, but either you have a big gap in your knowledge base, or you have been fed some honest-to-goodness disinformation.

I can assure you that spirit is real. Heck, you even referred to the human soul a few posts before the one to which I'm replying, so you must at least suspect that it is too, right? I would recommend that whilst you parse the information that's coming your way, you hold onto a measure of scepticism, in particular if people are trying to steer you away from anything with spiritual ramifications. Or, if they try to woo you with channeled gobbeldygook. We are spirits, travelling the earth in astral cars, our bodies. We are formed in a complex 'physical-psychic-spiritual' way, and our environment is too.

I would recommend that in terms of spiritual context, you consider inquiry along such avenues as: The whole remote viewing odyssey of the CIA/Stanford team (all of the books, by all of the players)... look into the Jewish Kabbalah, and the abilities & exploits of the Indian yogis. Personally, I'm a very open-minded, non-creationist Christian. I found a lot of material that was both personally encouraging, and contextually (to the UAP & secrecy phenomenon) highly relevant, by investigating the three avenues I suggested just now. As another nice bit of contextual data, have a go at Dark Mission by Mike Bara, if you haven't already - whatever the veracity of his overall ethos & personal exploits with his cohorts, I found the book to be highly revealing regarding the NASA enigmas, and the very modus operandi of the space agency. Two other books I highly recommend are: 'Civilisation One' (Christopher Knight & Alan Butler), and 'Who Built The Moon' (by the same authors).

Anyway, I didn't mean to be rude in the way I opened this post, but you really mustn't throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to the spiritual side of life, and the way it connects to the UAP-type research you're involved with. Trust me, it's not all about worshipping astronauts in their fancy god-ships.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Without a co-writer...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

We are staying on Earth and chasing our tails, as unity is not currently a human capability

What's wrong with people, Kev? Why is unity so difficult to obtain? Nobody wants to give an inch anymore?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wish he had spoken a little more about why the interest in our souls. They must not have them. If not, that alone would make us very special.

WTH.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Every culture in the world have Gods myths, not because it was cool, or because it was th best next thing on ancient times, its because they interacted with the Gods (aka aliens) long time ago and before even humans were on earth. Life do not spring suddenly, its manufactered, all true the cosmos and beyond. Souls too but thats another cup of tea.

Now where is the evidence? rocks, monuments, pyramids, stone cities, ancient manuscrits, all do for the Gods "aliens" not for human enjoyment.

If people here in ATS wants proof of "aliens" just watch yourself in the mirror, just imagine how much tehcnology is put to create a human being. If people here wants has a proof a UFO a pice of tech or have an chat with an alien, go outside, here is not going to give you a definitive answer or the ultimate proof.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Aliens fighting over us?

I doubt it

Even we don’t start fights over animals why should more advanced aliens waste time fighting over a self destructive race of damned fools

Really we don't fight over animals?

Try to go and take a farmers flock and see what happens.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

We are staying on Earth and chasing our tails, as unity is not currently a human capability

What's wrong with people, Kev? Why is unity so difficult to obtain? Nobody wants to give an inch anymore?

People suddenly decided that they were separate from nature and were thus allowed to destroy it, back about 4000 BCE.

This seems to coincide with the ride of patriarchy and the false concepts about "human souls".

Once you "have an immortal soul and a heaven" to futz endlessly about, you may then safely destroy the Earth as it's not your "truest home".

That's what happened to destroy the human race.

There is a little more to it...that probably does involve some "woo".

But that's the elephant in the room that everyone covers up with religion, UFOs, etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hi, Tom,

Thank you for doing this

I'm a longtime reader here, first time poster

I have run into a person that says there is an em (electro-magnetic) knowledge-base/database that has accumulated on this planet (and universe) and this person can tap into it; says it’s electro-magnetic residue (emr) from whatever had thoughts, an emfield, etc. The person was able to accurately tell me specific events about my life, including full names of people in those events and what happened, each person did, etc.; events that I’ve never told anyone about and are not documented anywhere. The person did this to my parents, too. I have seen this person prove this to others for weeks, including people that were skeptical and it creeped them out. The person said they know of a few others that can do this, too, and that it's purely scientific.

Is this “database” thing real? If so, what is the proper name for it?
Is the person's ability bad (evil?) or is it like the person said... just emr? The person cautioned heavily about utilizing it, though.
And do the govt & aliens utilize it, too?

Thank you! Sorry for the long first post :

Sincerely,
oldme

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i think kelly is on to something

i just asked - out of the blue- an elderly neighbor of mine what he thinks about the soul and if we have it and if it´s worth it.
he spontaneously said "the soul only exists to make us suffer"
i´m always surprised about what people have to share - just out on the street or in some café at the corner...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexDJ

yes there are 100 trillion atoms in a human cell, and they are conscious! and the look like solar systems, Mindboggling

edit on 12-4-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

interestingly there are estimated to be also 100 trillion cells in the human body!
edit on 12-4-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Increased honoring of the old gods.

I have noticed Governments and authorities world wide name things and have increasingly of late named things after ancient gods. The movie and book industries are now focused also on these ancient gods and their stories of old and new.

Former supposed Christian nations displaying ancient gods in various ways and honoring said gods.

I wonder if they are taking the gold.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Ugh! The complaining is really uncalled for.

I'm surprised any guest comes to ATS.

If I had something to disclose would I come here? Probably not.

I see it like this-

Anyone else who makes a thread here making extraordinary claims with zip for evidence would get shunned immediately.

I found an article where he was quoted as having over 150 hours of top secret congressional testimony or something. If he had offered a SHRED of evidence to support just ONE of his claims, I'd have put a lot more stock into what he had to say.

I do truly appreciate what the site owners did in setting this up, and I appreciate Tom's time. But to make extraordinary claims, you need extraordinary evidence.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Schmoe1223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hello Tom. From what I have read so far, there is a lot of similarity of Hidden Hand and the RA material. Have you heard of and read these? The are pretty long, but fascinating reads to me. Even if it were all false, it has good info to live by. Thank you.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 12-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: add and fix

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

originally posted by: Annee
Ugh! The complaining is really uncalled for.

I'm surprised any guest comes to ATS.

If I had something to disclose would I come here? Probably not.

I see it like this-

Anyone else who makes a thread here making extraordinary claims with zip for evidence would get shunned immediately.

I found an article where he was quoted as having over 150 hours of top secret congressional testimony or something. If he had offered a SHRED of evidence to support just ONE of his claims, I'd have put a lot more stock into what he had to say.

I do truly appreciate what the site owners did in setting this up, and I appreciate Tom's time. But to make extraordinary claims, you need extraordinary evidence.

There's a way to question.

There's a way to not.

The extreme rudeness is "off the planet".

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
heya tom and welcome

have you/yours had any personal experiences with frequencies in sound? and if yes what happened?

i've had a few experiences with sound frequencies and wonder if you've been told anything about it, or indeed experienced it?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I'm a very open-minded, non-creationist Christian.

I can't see how that is possible.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
i think kelly is on to something

i just asked - out of the blue- an elderly neighbor of mine what he thinks about the soul and if we have it and if it´s worth it.
he spontaneously said "the soul only exists to make us suffer"
i´m always surprised about what people have to share - just out on the street or in some café at the corner...

He's more right than most people know. There is a reason that Buddha advised getting rid of the "soul".

Kev

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well besides a little jokey comment I have not bothered with this thread. I've been through the guests posts and all I can say to the members is what were you really expecting? To be slipped the eternal 'sekret'?

Aliens and Our Souls hmmm (now say that in a British accent).

I know a few other posters have made constructive comments as to how these AMAs could be better but it's a difficult balance to strike.

Some people just can't help themselves with a 3 paragraph fawning of the guest and then further verbal diaorrhea with their whole world view. Followed by their 'quick' question which really comprises about 15 questions.

So, where applicable, Tom's answer was averaging about 1 word to every thousand written in members posts (including this one by me).

We could cherry pick the best questions or limit posts to so many words only. But that would destroy the spontaneity of the event.

It was all just a bit of fun for ATS and a means for Tom DeLonge to exploit a potentially favourable environment to increase brand awareness.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hey Tom,

Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts. I'd love to hear your perspective and what you've discovered in regards to the flat earth theory currently getting momentum. Been investigating that myself a little bit recently and the some evidence is a bit compelling.

Alex

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't believe any of this

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join