It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tom DeLonge, Co-Author of Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows, Ask Me Anything

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Aliens fighting over us?

I doubt it

Even we don’t start fights over animals why should more advanced aliens waste time fighting over a self destructive race of damned fools

Fights over territory, land, possession, control, etc.

King of the Mountain.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Maybe

But

We always impute our own stupidity to others. Aliens may have better sense
Humankind is at the bottom of the barrel of sentient creation

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well I sat in my grandma prettybears lap as a child and she lived most of her life on reservations..but not having a SSN number she was never formally on any tribal register....and she was 100% Lakota Sioux.

So I can't prove my heritage either and mostly use it for a profile name...I don't try to make money with my heritage though.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You're not somebody to steal horses with, are you?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Well I sat in my grandma prettybears lap as a child and she lived most of her life on reservations..but not having a SSN number she was never formally on any tribal register....and she was 100% Lakota Sioux.

So I can't prove my heritage either and mostly use it for a profile name...I don't try to make money with my heritage though.

I don't want to derail the thread.

I have no problem with people making money in this way.

IMO - - the responsibility belongs to the believer. No different that putting money in the church plate.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I don’t get the joke but I’ll laugh an

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

HA. My surname is known for being horse thiefs. My Ireland friends are keen to remind me of this.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: olaru12

"The gods" are doing everything in their power to keep us ignorant, confused, and at war with each other and the world.

In this context, I believe that is the premise behind the crashes you were asking about.

I could see, maybe, a couple of actual crashes if any entities are visiting frequently in such a way, but not more.

Basically, to up the stakes in the "god's" entertainment, with perhaps a bit of a harvesting twist. I assume that instead of accidents, they just ditch some crappy ships to see what happens.

A lot of info like this is in previously released stuff, like the C2C interview if one was interested enough to invest the time. Personally, I dig the story, and it is so very similar to the deeper discussions that have happened here on ATS.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Well you know my point of view; that the human nervous system has co-evolved with certain types of fields (EM, and probably others).

And that these "gods" are more facets of our own fractured psyches than anything.

But all the biological alien stuff and crashed saucer stuff is straight from the letter agencies and the fevered brains of the UFO religion victims.

There is a little more to it than this...IMHO but the real details are much less exciting And much more distressing than most people are willing to entertain.

Kev

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Maybe

But

We always impute our own stupidity to others. Aliens may have better sense
Humankind is at the bottom of the barrel of sentient creation

Why? IMO - - the rest of the universe is as diverse and political as Earth.

Have you even thought about how many species there is here on Earth?

While I do believe there are benevolent beings (the Christ story) - - there are also Klingons.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Disappointed to have returned this morning to find yet more radio silence after watching Tom drop off that map for a second time later last night. I recall in several of the other AMA's the OP's have been a bit more communicative in terms of their availability, when they'd be answering, and when they'd have to jet for a bit.

I read the sample chapters before diving into the thread and will admit my interest was piqued; but this thread has left an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

Is this thing still on, in other words?

P.S. I really like some suggestions here re: future AMAs where perhaps questions are asked (and maybe voted on) in advance and supplied to the OP so they can get a bit of a head start before diving it; at least that way perhaps there would be a greater likelihood for substantive information to be shared before the OP needs to take a break.

Thanks to ATS for putting these on, generally find them interesting and informative!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Tom, what is the main reason for secrecy about UFO/UAP/ET matters? Thanks for your contribution and work on these matters.

Tom C.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And a second question, are different human races and/or countries associated to greater or lesser extent with differing ET races, including for instance with genetic changes and experiments conducted by ET races on those populations?

Tom C.
edit on 12-4-2016 by serengetiplains because: for clarification

edit on 12-4-2016 by serengetiplains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Well, as you probably know, I try to "jump" into the context of peoples individual stories. It helps me understand my own perspective as I "translate" it into someone else's mythology. It also helps me understand others perspective better than focusing on plot holes.

My concern is that, as you say, this has so many familiar markers. It was said that a lot of this is to focus on the younger generation. It is proposed that they are the most jaded about the topic, but in my experience, that isn't quite the case. What it DOES say is who the target is though, and that is a point of concern given the magnitude of programming in that demographic!

Beyond all that, I really am excited to see these themes turned into multimedia entertainment. If its done well, it could even be in the vein of a "Middle Earth." An expansive and immersive world with a bit more of a modern perspective.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ugh! The complaining is really uncalled for.

I'm surprised any guest comes to ATS.

If I had something to disclose would I come here? Probably not.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekandYeShallFind
a reply to: kieran1

The ancient stories of the Tuatha De Danann and others in Ireland and today's "UFO's" have staggering comparisons.

Agreed. We have to remember though most myths are likely inaccurate but may have a hint of truth?

We can see the similarity between the stories though.
Abductions. Aliens taking people away. The Tuatha de dannann, during the Middle ages did the same thing if we believe every story.

The Tuatha de Dannann looked down on man did not like him. The Church described a conflict between man and the tuatha de dannann (true?) Tom I believe said one race does not like man this fits perfectly here. I not saying I believe Tom just highlighting consistency!

The Tuatha de Dannann arrived by air according to myth. This means they had airships. Historians say the opposite they got to Ireland by the seas.

The Tuatha de Dannann were tall, blonde haired angelic beings. People see tall blonde Nordic looking beings onboard UFOS. Is the reporting of the beings accurate? There was another supernatural race called the Formorian they were supposedly small and ugly creatures, greys?

The Irish, Greeks and Indian culture have similar myths about gods from other worlds who came here from another place.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You are right, we should be patient and take any scrap they can give us when they give it. In other words, be grateful and stop complaining right?

Yeah, just wait patiently. They will get around to telling us this utmost important stuff when the chores are done, kids are picked up, dog is fed, Instagram is updated. It's all good, no hurry. We aren't going anywhere are we?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think we scared Tom away.... too many questions to handle!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

We aren't.

We are staying on Earth and chasing our tails, as unity is not currently a human capability.

Kev

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
I think we scared Tom away.... too many questions to handle!

I don't think he really wanted an AMA. I think he would have preferred to just come in and write his OP and leave. Which if you think about it, is basically what he did. Which is fine! Had we known that in advance. It could have been 'here's what I have to say, members discuss". Done.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join