It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria conflict: US says Russian air strikes 'indiscriminate'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is a report that 600 terrorists fled trying to get to Jordan but were stopped, also a caravan of about 2500 were killed. Also a report that 4 Israeli planes were chased out of Syrian airspace by Russians.
www.liveleak.com...

TV Zvezda - Syrian Army cleaning up an elevation from IS terrorists | Eng Subs
edit on 3-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

They are baking bread lol

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

How anyone could say Russian intervention is wrong is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

I am embedding that video you posted. It's important people see for themselves what's going on over there.

Russia is digging in to turn this war around by the looks of it.

edit on 4-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

How anyone could say Russian intervention is wrong is beyond me.

Sometimes some people have an agenda which supports terrorism, they arent happy to see the terrorists lose to Russians or to the Syrian government.

Some people just want to see the terrorists win. . . . . .

Some people refuse to call the terrorists what they are terrorists.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've seen quite a few posts on here claiming, without any evidence to back it up (oh, what a surprise) that Russia is using "dumb" bombs, and is therefore not bothered about the indiscriminate bloodshed and is killing civilians.

Yet, just yesterday, the US, with it's vast array of superior technology at it's disposal, bombed a hospital in Afghanistan, and continued bombing even after frantic calls went out to stop, despite them also having the GPS coordinates of the hospital.
The simple and stark conclusion must be that it was therefore a deliberate act. It's not some hearsay or assumption as in the case of what Russia is allegedly doing, this actually happened and the death toll and witness reports back it up.

A stray malfunctioning weapon may be a good excuse if it was just a single bomb that hit the hospital or immediate vicinity, but when a bunch of them do so, over a protracted time span, it's clearly a deliberate act. Indefensible and a blatant breach of international law. An "apology" simply doesn't cut it.

As for what is happening in Syria, doesn't it seem strange that in 1 - 2 years of US bombing, the ISIS chaps didn't feel the need to flee and their main centres remained intact? I wonder why that was?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

I've seen quite a few posts on here claiming, without any evidence to back it up (oh, what a surprise) that Russia is using "dumb" bombs, and is therefore not bothered about the indiscriminate bloodshed and is killing civilians.

Yeah I noticed that too.....

Your whole post was spot on.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

Some of the video Russia released on their strikes do in fact show dumb bomb use.

if you have issues accepting that then take it up with Russian officials.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

if you have issues accepting that then take it up with Russian officials.

I was not contesting that dumb bombs were used, at all.

At least they were smart enough to not hit a known hospital.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Just a mosque that had nothing to do with ISIS on day 2 of their bombing campaign.

Secondly Russia is using BETAB-500 bombs which is an AOE munition.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Just a mosque that had nothing to do with ISIS on day 2 of their bombing campaign.

Secondly Russia is using BETAB-500 bombs which is an AOE munition.

Yeah Russia are being careless.

So is the USA so it has no right to bitch and moan to Russia.

No one it seems have any moral high ground. So the USA and Russia should just STFU!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

My post was a correction to those members who dismissed Russian use of dumb munitions. Maybe you should bitch at them for refusing to acknowledge their use instead of at me for correcting them.

Maybe even comment on their invocation of an incident in Afghanistan, which has nothing to do with Syria?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Unlike the US bombing which is well documented and verifiable, this is nothing but hearsay without anything to back it up.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

uhm ok -

Russia presses Syria strikes in defiance of the West

- 'Dozen jihadists killed' -

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Saturday that Russian strikes "hit IS positions west of Raqa overnight and explosions were heard in the city".

Raqa has acted as the extremist group's de facto Syrian "capital" since 2013.

The Observatory, which relies on a network of sources on the ground for its information, said Russian jets had killed 12 jihadists in Raqa this week.

But raids ordered by Moscow have also hit areas controlled by moderate groups that are fighting Assad and even prompted a claim by US Senator John McCain that Russian jets had killed rebel soldiers trained and funded by the CIA.

Russia said its strikes this week had destroyed IS positions in northern Aleppo province, neighbouring Idlib province and in Hama in central Syria.

But several military sources and the Observatory said Russia had hit areas controlled by groups other than IS.

Speaking of Hospitals -

The Observatory also says Russian strikes had killed several civilians and wounded doctors in a raid on a hospital in Hama.

Speaking of mosques -
Russia Launches New Syria Strikes, Hitting Anti-Assad Rebels

The Russian Air Force hit and destroyed a mosque in a second day of airstrikes on targets in Syria, killing at least five people, according to Syrian opposition sources posting on social media.

The attack hit the Omar Bin el-Khatab mosque in Jisr el-Shugur on Thursday, according to a post on a Twitter account affiliated with Jaysh al-Fatah, a Syrian Islamist rebel coalition. Five were killed in the single assault, according to the main Syrian opposition coalition, which also said the mosque was hit.

edit on 4-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

My post was a correction to those members who dismissed Russian use of dumb munitions.

Your post was another irrelevant and unneeded entry. Noone was dismissing dumb munitions. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

according to Syrian opposition sources posting on social media.

Exactly like I said, hearsay without anything to back it up. Check.

Those other claims are new to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
It's also hilarious that the U.S. accuses Russia of bombing indiscriminately, like they haven't killed plenty of civilians before, so why give a crap now? Maybe it's because Russia are doing a better job at eliminating their targets.

There's a difference in using guided munitions, as the West do. They do minimise the impact on civilians. Russia are using unguided bombs and cluster munitions, which allow no ability to avoid civilians - unless you don't care.

Not caring is the Russian way. Look at Grozny as proof.

On the impact of Russia's campaign. Let's wait and see shall we. Perhaps just lobbing bombs in the general direction may have more impact than attempting to identify your target.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Man the Russians could at least be using smart bombs and trying to limit civilian casualties. I know that they have a hard time in those areas but dropping dumb bombs in cities is going drive more support to both the rebels and ISIS. The Russian better home they get some kind of deal fast do they can get out or they are going to find the mess in Ukraine a walk in the park compared to what they creating Syria. I know things are desperate for Assad but, if you can not conduct precision strikes you should not be hitting populated areas.

It didnt help the US much by dropping guided munition. The US still hit civilians.

Blaiming Russia for what type of bombs they use just tell us how much you know about Russian bombing.

Russia said where they used them bombs. And so far the US and its media have not been able to come up With anything Wurth mentioning. Everything is as usuall... unconfirmed. Yuu support unconfirmed News reports right?

It is odd that you wont mention the New type of Russian grads that Assads forces have been using against some cities. The dumb bombs are nothing compared to them.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

At least they were smart enough to not hit a known hospital.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Instead of comparing A to B, just acknowledge that use of unguided munitions produces greater risk of civilian casualties.

Russia is not as advanced as the West in their use of precision munitions, so there will be greater impact due to this. It's a fact, not a comparison, or a fiction.

I did see a vid on RT.com of what looked like a cluster bomb being used, but don't seem to be able to find that. Use of cluster bombs is not nice at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Two wrongs don't make a right. Instead of comparing A to B, just acknowledge that use of unguided munitions produces greater risk of civilian casualties.

The point of discussion was that Russians supposedly killed civilians with their unguided munitions, when they didn't.

In fact, the US that has this "smart" capability, accidentally bombed a hospital for over an half hour, and did in fact kill civilians.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join