It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria conflict: US says Russian air strikes 'indiscriminate'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

Because his actions are intended to distract the Russian people at home so he can retain power. As for a list - Georgia, Ukraine, China come to mind immediately.

Putins popularity dropped with his latest Syria action and I don't think Putin expected that to happen. Its been said the only way to defeat ISIS is to put boots on the ground. Iran sent troops and Russia is contemplating it. If Russia deploys ground troops the body count wont be kept hidden from the Russian people and I think we will see Putin start using Syria as a means to hide the Russian body count from their actions in Ukraine.

Look at the state of the Russian economy and how its affecting the Russian people. If you were Putin how would you explain to the Russian people that your actions caused their current issue and instead of focusing on fixing that we are going to spend that money instead to prop up Assad.

ka-boom

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
According to this vid Russia is selling advanced weapons to Assad, that explode like nukes but without the radiation.

Russia has sold a new weapon designed to create the same energy of a small nuclear bomb without the radiation.

edit on 3-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I guess we will see what happens but you are speaking of future possibilities rather than previous failures. It sounds like a lot of nonsense to me and certainly nothing on the scale of US failures in Iraq and Libya. Putin gained Crimea and the important naval base there and now has Assad giving him what his father would never agree to in the full control of the naval base in Syria. Perhaps you and I have different definitions of failure...

edit on 3-10-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Actually not just future possibilities. Not to mention it revolves around more than just a military action. I am speaking about Russian finances, Russian internal politics, Russian external politics and its current impact on Russian life. People have a tendency to view Russia in terms of just one area - military, while completely ignoring the other key areas that feed off of military.

When a person, Like Assad or Putin or the Ayatollah, are having issues with their people they look for an outside source to blame - for it all. We see this happening with these 3 countries as we speak.

Most likely yes, we have a differing view on what failure is. I try and look at the big picture - comparing where they were, where they are now, where they are going and comparing the base lines to see what's changed and what has not.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I keep up with financial news and Russia has been the exception to the rule in the current market crash. I put more faith in investors who are willing to put their money on the line rather than unsubstantiated doom and gloom scenarios.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Sure but in Russia its not doom gloom its reality.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Umm... ok. MICEX 1 Year +16.46%. DOW Jones 1 Year -7.75% but I'm sure investors are wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Russia is digging themselves a hole that they are hoping the West will pull them out of. If the West does not agree to some sort of coalition government and peace deal in Syria Russia has just added many more years to this war. They have angered the Arab States, Turkey, the West, Israel, the Kurds and most of the Syrian people. What we are likely to see is increased intervention by all these groups. A flow of more advanced weapons might begin to find themselves into rebel hands including anti aircraft systems. When people start shooting down Russian planes what will Russia do then?

Russia's lack of use of precision guided weapons is already giving the impression of weakness to the regional powers. While some might suggest Russia is just trying to hide its capabilities that would not mesh with this entire action being more of a show than anything to promote Russian power. They do not have enough planes in the AO to make any real difference i the fighting and they know that. The show however goes on.

Assad will fall. And their is not much Russia can do about it beyond try and delay it. The only thing the dozens of groups fighting each other agree on is Assad must go. And if Russia actions inspire them to stop fighting each other in the short term and concentrate on Assad what will Russia do then?

I know Putin is trying to distract his people from his disastrous actions in the Ukraine but, more fighting is not going to take their minds off of their broken economy and already sending Russia off to die in Ukraine. Putin is hoping a deal with the West will solve all these problems but, frankly I do not think West has any interest in talking right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

What exactly do you base these long winded posts on that you keep making?

Imagination and wishful thinking?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Seeing as US/afgan forces just accidently bombed a known hospital in Afghanistan I think the USA needs to STFU in regards to Russian bombing in Syria.....

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Compare Russian economy sectors with the same sectors 1 year and 5 years ago and compare. The US Dow Jones is high however it doesn't reflect the fact there are like 90+/- million Americans who have dropped out of the labor force and who no longer receive state / federal aid.

You cannot compare Russia to the US or any other country to obtain the situation in Russia. Compare Russia from before their misadventures in Ukraine to after its misadventures.

Their economic outlook is not as rosy as some want to believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave
a reply to: MrSpad

What exactly do you base these long winded posts on that you keep making?

Imagination and wishful thinking?

I would say the reality of whats occurring.

Out of curiosity what part of his post don't you agree with and why? Specifically is there anything to refute whats in his post?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Exactly. America bombing a hospital killing members of Doctors Without Borders.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would expect at least the same level of outrage......

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Exactly. America bombing a hospital killing members of Doctors Without Borders.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would expect at least the same level of outrage......

Doesn't fit the narrative.

USA+Allies = good guys

Russia = Bad guys

In reality we are all the bad guys with our own messed up motives.

But we cant have people believing that now can we?

So the propaganda machines in Russia and the USA will turn.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Are you the person I asked a question?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The US admitted the incident and said its being investigated.

Russia just flat out said they were attacking ISIS and no civilians were killed.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Are you the person I asked a question?

No and I couldn't care less.. You posted and I responded to it.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The US admitted the incident and said its being investigated.

And we all know those investigation are worth #.

Those investigation never go anywhere and half the evidence normally ends up classified or "lost".

Its just window dressing.

Russia are bad because they just lie outright.

The USA are bad because they jump through hoops with there lies.

Either way both are as bad as each other.

USA=Bad

Russia =Bad.

Everyone = Bad
edit on 3-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

No and I couldn't care less..

Maybe that is the problem. You don't care if your posts are on point, relevant, or if you even are in a position to answer a question, as long as you can push your talking points.

You posted and I responded to it.

I asked a poster a question only he can answer. If you are not one and the same person there is no need for you to answer, nor is it desirable.
edit on 3-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And we all know those investigation are worth #.

Those investigation never go anywhere and half the evidence normally ends up classified or "lost".

Its just window dressing.

Not at all.. There was an admission it was hit and the investigation in question will confirm that and will look into how it occurred. The US has paid to rebuild other buildings destroyed by the US.

Russia are bad because they just lie outright.

When Russia states they didn't hit civilian areas when there is evidence to show they did is in fact a lie.

The USA lie because they jump through hoops with there lies.

Yet, once again, the US admitted it hit a hospital. Russia denies they killed civilians on their airstrikes against rebels.

Either way both are as bad as each other.

USA=Bad

Russia =Bad.

ok

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join