It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Cop Forces Himself Into Home of Towel-wrapped Woman and Arrests Her for Recording

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If this cop lives in your area and you have a good rapport with store workers spread this information with a picture of his face locally and hopefully businesses will stop providing him with services.

He may not face criminal charges but you can ostracise him and send a message to other police that it's not acceptable.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
If the Blue Line is upheld when officers are blatantly wrong...

Actually, his buddy has a legal obligation to restrain his partner from doing what he did. It's called "Duty to Intervene". Only it's the sort of thing that only federal prosecutors charge because local prosecutors are too busy giving the constabulary a knob job to keep themselves in office.

We need a separate prosecution function for cops that is incentivized to prosecute LEOs to the fullest extent.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Great, it is strange that I have never heard of a single event where that situation ever worked out in the benefit of the intervening party. We need a situation that makes the ongoing lawlessness hurt so bad that it can no longer be ignored. Basically the same situation needs to take place with many of our corrupt/selfish lawmakers. The 'Sleeping Giant' of good people needs to wake up and take a stand.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I am sure that this is already happening (especially in urban America). Anyone that has half a brain and know what is taking place in this country knows that it is not a good idea to call the police to help calm or settle a situation. If something were to happen at my home, I would be sitting in my attorney's living room when the police were notified an altercation took place. I will never EVER have any law enforcement officers in my home; period.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just a simple question, How many people here in ATS actually were rooting for the LAPD officer Christopher Dorner?

ATS Link

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So he gets to retire with a pension, and nothing happens?

Time to sue at least for an ungodlty amount.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

After the incident, the other officer involved immediately contacted his supervisor to raise questions about Rose’s actions. The second officer was cleared of wrongdoing.

Just saying. He should have jumped in, obviously, but if he was a young cop there would be an understandable reluctance. That or he knew they were #ed after being taped, depends on your perspective.
L ocal Source

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not only would I sue the PD but I'd sue him personally too! And I'd be after the DA to press charges against him.
According to the recording he could be charged with breaking and entering, assualt, and sexual assualt....

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Mark my words, soon it will be illegal to film police in the commission of their duties. The police unions are already working for that type of legislation.

The only video allowed as evidence will be from the dash cams and body cams on the LEOs. It will be a felony to even point a camera at a LEO.

Even if something like that passed on a state level, it would be challenged, and I can't see it being upheld by the SCOTUS, namely because of the first amendment. Just my opinion, because too many forces would be so much against it happening for it stay law.

I read, on here I think, that certain places are trying to make it illegal within a certain number of feet, and some cops/states have tried to use the wiretapping/consent argument, but I don't think it will come any time soon where it's illegal to film the police. If by chance it DOES happen, then THAT in itself is almost cause for a revolution against the cops.

ETA:

That POS coward actually resigned before an internal investigation, so he can still collect his pension? Man, that woman needs to sue the pants off the cop and the department, as well as file charges against him. He had no right and no reasonable cause to enter her home. Period.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Hope this cop gets some kind of nastiness come his way and his wife if he has one. Treat them the same way. Dirty pig

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That sounds predatory and very dangerous. Especially at least with a sudden break in she could have used self defense before realizing it was a cop.

Off the streets, due to retirement, but that doesn't mean he may not act out otherwise. Hopefully somehow he can be held responsible.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Hope this cop gets some kind of nastiness come his way and his wife if he has one. Treat them the same way. Dirty pig

I'm betting his wife has enough problems already.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Bone75

Isn't it already illegal for them to enter a house without a warrant ?

i hear, if the officer suspects a crime is being committed or if the officer believes someone is in need of emergency help then they can enter without a warrant.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

How come police officers get away with this crap? Don't they have to follow the law?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Over the years I read about US cops and their amazing acts of stupidity. Of course each country and city have their own "force fool" but I am starting to wonder... It is not only the threads about the senseless beating of their arrestee but also the just plain stupid train of thought of some police officers.

Maybe it is in the air or their water...or just the fact that the quality of US highschool education is taking a dive.

No offence or disrespect, just some thoughts...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Bone75

Isn't it already illegal for them to enter a house without a warrant ?

i hear, if the officer suspects a crime is being committed or if the officer believes someone is in need of emergency help then they can enter without a warrant.

If the officer believes a felony is being committed, yes. In Indiana at least. This happened to me once, the cops claimed an anonymous tipster called in to report underage drinking going on at a house party. Ridiculous, ripe for abuse rule.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Not according to that piece of # cop.

You heard him, the cops are still in charge, even in your own home.

I'm so infuriated right now.

We are not property of the state! Cops are supposed protect and serve!!!
edit on 15-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Just a simple question, How many people here in ATS actually were rooting for the LAPD officer Christopher Dorner?

ATS Link

Differrnt circumstances, completely. But I watched and
listened with great interest.. not to the psyop but the
MO. And the LAPD made themselves look really bad without
any intervention. Really wanted him shut up, didn't they?

Back to the main event:
For this episode, any cop that pulls the towel off me is
going to experience life-threatening convulsive nausea...
if not a permanently damaging psycho break from the visual.

Then the lady friend will peel the 10 off his fingers, and faster
than you can say "the Business Corporation Act of 1983.."
make him skeletally bend in all the wrong directions like one
hasn't seen since Steven S. was 35. She's NASty, I mean it.

If the roles were reversed parts of this guy would be sailing
through our front window 3-4 Kg at a time without tools.
Yup, she'd PT him both times. Maybe laugh if he was under 350.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: snowspirit

Not according to that piece of # cop.

You heard him, the cops are still in charge, even in your own home.

I'm so infuriated right now.

They do protect & serve, it's just not us they are protecting. They serve any/everyone over themselves. "We" are not a part of that group.

It's true that when they are in your home you are no longer in charge. You want/need a cigarette (maybe your stressed), and that cop says no smoking, you better listen. A cop told me that once and I was going to smoke anyway.. I mean, it's my house. He said (as I was taking the lighter to the smoke), and in a no nonsense tone, that if I light that cigarette he's going to arrest me. In my own home-and I called them!

They are like Dracula (lol), once you invite them in you have no chance.

ETA: I'll never call them again.
edit on 15-7-2015 by RobinB022 because: eta

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Well i do not see anywhere that states protect and serve.....

Common Job Duties for Police Officers
Know and uphold local, state, and federal laws
Patrol assigned area known as a beat
Respond to dispatcher calls
Perform investigations based on intuition and sound judgment
Provide help to citizens in both emergency and non-emergency circumstances
Provide first aid and/or request medical assistance when necessary
Help citizens with complaints or questions by investigating or directing to applicable authority
Be able to use police equipment capably
Keep record of activities in a legible and succinct manner
Testify in court
Gather and record evidence
Produce verbal and written reports
Interview suspects, witnesses, and victims
Investigate a wide array of crimes, domestic disputes, accidents, illegal drug activity, etc.
Make arrests and/or transport to local jail facilities

www.criminaljusticeschoolinfo.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join